Android O Beta issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Shrews824

Oct 12, 2015
Hardinsburg, KY
Ok, so I've been on Android O Beta for about a week now and overall it has not been a bad experience for me on my Pixel XL. A couple of things that I have noticed however:

The battery life has definitely not been as good. I usually run Nova Prime and at first I thought that may be the culprit. I have been using the Pixel Launcher for the last couple of days and the battery life has continued to not be as good as it was on Nougat. It seems like the doze feature is doing what it's supposed to do, but if I'm actually using the device the battery plummets very quickly. I've kept all my settings the same as before too. Screen brightness, closing apps all the time, etc.

Second, the camera has some serious lag when trying to launch it via the double tap of the power button. In trying to catch that quick shot this has been a bit frustrating.

Thirdly, the casting to my Google Home has really been acting crazy. Cutting off randomly, or if I decide to stop casting it will continue to play, and even skipping tracks via the phone is not what it once was (slow response or not skipping at all).

Finally, the Bluetooth connection on certain devices has been just a tad spotty. I realize that a lot of folks have always had complaints about the Bluetooth on Nougat, but I really didn't have much problem. I'm beginning to see some of those effects on O.

I will say that overall I have enjoyed the experience with O and it has been relatively stable for me. These are just minor hindrances and aren't anything that I can't deal with. I think I'm going to ride it out and see how it continues to perform. I'm getting used to the new settings layout and am even beginning to like the new look of the settings menu, quick toggles, etc. I really like the notification "snooze" option too.

BigC0625

May 23, 2017
Does anyone else have Google Play Music keep showing up in the notification bar? It just keeps popping up randomly. It doesn't start playing music, it just pops up there. I'll clear the panel and it shows up in a few minutes again.

Yes this keeps happening to me as well. Pretty annoying when you are walking with your phone in your pocket and all of a sudden music starts playing the last song you were in

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Yes this keeps happening to me as well. Pretty annoying when you are walking with your phone in your pocket and all of a sudden music starts playing the last song you were in
So who's got the fix? It happens on all versions of Android since 7.1.1 for me. Spotify, Pandora and Music.

RealEvil

Jul 6, 2007
Does PocketCasts work OK on Android O? Thats my most used app and would love to know it works before jumping in.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster

I need to remember to not leave Joe Rogan's skit about 'flying squirrel ***** people' as a last play. That wont go well in the grocery store.

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
No one having phone app issues? I can't call out or receive calls! I cleared data and it still persisted...

I flashed back to N and it persisted again! Not sure what to do... Might have to relearn do a manual clean flash instead of clean flash thru OTA (which wiped everything out) already but must have left something behind...

Any tips? I haven't done a reset to the phone since I first got it and was flashing ROMs long time ago

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
I'm on the Pixel 128G ordered from Google store. No major issues with Android O. I'm getting slightly better battery life than I got on Nougat. The only app I've encountered a FC on is Air Droid which just doesn't work at all on O. All apps seem to update fine from Google Play. I started out with the second build of O and never had the first build installed. Maybe that makes a difference.

Reactions: 808phoneaddict
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Anytime I get a call when the phone is locked it does not wake up the phone. I have to unlock the phone and click answer. Even after doing that theres still a notification that theres a call that I can either decline or answer even after Im already talking to the person. On the same issue, the proximity sensor doesnt work in the fact that when Im on the call the screen is still active and my cheek activates apps and whatnot. When on the call I cannot get to the actual phone app in order to change to speakerphone.

Go to settings > apps & notifications > app info > phone > storage

clear data, and for good measure, clear cache.

Had exact same issue, this fixed it right away.
    So I was quick to jump on the Android beta O as I was on the N rollout. I should have known there would be issues from when I was on the N beta but nevertheless I couldnt resist.

So far my issues are few but frustrating.

1. Anytime I get a call when the phone is locked it does not wake up the phone. I have to unlock the phone and click answer. Even after doing that theres still a notification that theres a call that I can either decline or answer even after Im already talking to the person. On the same issue, the proximity sensor doesnt work in the fact that when Im on the call the screen is still active and my cheek activates apps and whatnot. When on the call I cannot get to the actual phone app in order to change to speakerphone.

2. This might be silly but when using snapchat there is a significant lag and black screens between clicking on a story and it actually starting. Also in same app, when I try to take a horizontal photo it gets hung up and I have to close the app and take the photo vertically.

3. I dont know if its because Im using a launcher, but I dont get any notification dots on any of my apps. Maybe I have to be using pixel launcher in order for this to activate. Also, maybe I have to disable number notifications in the launcher for the O notifications to take over.

Those are the most noticeable so far but I figured Id get a thread going.
    Does anyone else have Google Play Music keep showing up in the notification bar? It just keeps popping up randomly. It doesn't start playing music, it just pops up there. I'll clear the panel and it shows up in a few minutes again.
    Am I missing something with the people complaining about the RAM being used? I thought the whole point of RAM was to be used. Having free RAM doesn't benefit anything, it is supposed to be "full" with the apps that you are using. If you start a new app that needs RAM, Android should automatically kill enough apps to get what ever RAM the new app needs.
    This way switching back to a recently used app it is almost instant and ready to go.

To me it sounds similar to someone saying that have a 10TB hard drive for movies but the delete everything after they have watched it so that they still have 10TB free.Whats the point of having 10TB if you only use 4 GB....
    I've noticed that there are several apps that have newer version available, but won't update or install. You tube, Google App (beta), Calendar (stock), Maps & Transit (beta) won't install when downloaded from APK Mirror, nor are they being updated via the Play Store.They all work fine though, so it's not a big deal. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same or similar behavior.