Android O DP4 is available

Search This thread

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
Unlikely anyone really needs it, but here's the OTA for the ROLLBACK from OPP4.170623.014 to 7.1.2/NJH47D. This will wipe the device and is approx 720MB

https://ota.googlezip.net/packages/.../e2d9d27ee62f7feeb4119d255014c75553ef4463.zip

Code:
ota-downgrade=yes
ota-required-cache=0
ota-type=AB
ota-wipe=yes
post-build=google/marlin/marlin:7.1.2/NJH47D/4045516:user/release-keys
post-build-incremental=4045516
pre-build=google/marlin/marlin:8.0.0/OPP4.170623.014/4187591:user/release-keys
pre-build-incremental=4187591
pre-device=marlin

Reactions: Kisakuku

Caillin

Dec 20, 2006
Townsville
Stupid question, but does anybody else just get stuck in a Downloading/Installing loop when they try to install DP4 OTA? I just have factory image but with systemless boot-to-root installed.

lawtalking

Sep 21, 2010
Tethering hack?

Has anyone gotten the tethering hack to work on verizon?

Edit:
It seems that I cannot mount the system as w/r with root explorer to change the build.prop

Anyone having the same problem?

Last edited:

dshoe

Dec 8, 2011
I updated to DP4 from 7.1.2 and went to switch my wallpaper back to the live weather in Google Wallpapers (the colors change according to the weather and time of day) and I realized that it's not available anymore. I used the wallpaper as recent as two weeks ago on 7.1.2, so I am just wondering if anyone knows if this was removed in Android O?

Reactions: jnclocker

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
OK, I haven't rooted yet, but DP4 is actually very smooth now. Very few complaints so far. About to try to root it, and see what happens. Manually debloat it, change a few things, and I should be good to go!

RPAusCan

Oct 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I updated to DP4 from 7.1.2 and went to switch my wallpaper back to the live weather in Google Wallpapers (the colors change according to the weather and time of day) and I realized that it's not available anymore. I used the wallpaper as recent as two weeks ago on 7.1.2, so I am just wondering if anyone knows if this was removed in Android O?

I noticed last week it was gone from DP3. I guess it hasn't made it back.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I had problems with sending or receiving MMS on all three previous Previews, but it is finally fixed on this one. Im in Canada on Rogers FWIW

jimmmysil

Aug 24, 2012
Everything works great so far. Pnp still is not usable since is app dependant and most of apps are not yet compatible. I have noticed a minor change to the font of the status bar and lock screen. It is smoother than DP3 and battery life seems to be improved. No Bluetooth issues for me even the Google play music notification was fixed and is not annoyingly pops up Everytime you connect a bt device.

The messaging app tho still crashes from time to time even if you haven't used it.

That's all I think for now.

Reactions: jnclocker

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anybody get Adaway working? I'm rooted with root to boot. Tried switching Selinux to permissive but no dice. I can't get system to mount R/W using root explorer and I'm pretty sure that's the issue. Anybody know how to do that? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Nil253259

Jan 9, 2012
Up In The Air
Anybody get Adaway working? I'm rooted with root to boot. Tried switching Selinux to permissive but no dice. I can't get system to mount R/W using root explorer and I'm pretty sure that's the issue. Anybody know how to do that? Any help is appreciated.
Go to adaway preferences, and enable systemless mode. That's it..now reboot the device. Open adaway again. It should work

Top Liked Posts