Android O - ready Themes

Leoknee

Sep 11, 2017
Atlanta
DNA Project does not work with Android O

I got my Substratum + Andromeda installed on my Pixel XL and I thought I'd give this one a try:

DNA Project
play.google (com) /store/apps/details?id=com.xdnax.apps.dnadarkproject&hl=en

Since this one worked so well on my m8, I was excited to apply this theme to my Pixel...but
When I applied this theme, it went through a couple of the overlay installs, then it said "System UI crashed"

I tried the "Try Again" option multiple times and it did not come back.
I put my phone down for about 5 minutes in case something was still applying, but it still would not come back.

I then turned off my phone and when I tried to reboot, it took a long time and then booted me into recovery :crying::crying::crying:

So I went through setting my phone up from scratch and I am not going to try any other themes that don't say explicitly that they support Oreo.

SirBindy

Nov 12, 2009
Rochester, NY
I got my Substratum + Andromeda installed on my Pixel XL and I thought I'd give this one a try:

DNA Project

Since this one worked so well on my m8, I was excited to apply this theme to my Pixel...but
When I applied this theme, it went through a couple of the overlay installs, then it said "System UI crashed"

I put my phone down for about 5 minutes in case something was still applying, but it still would not come back.

I then turned off my phone and when I tried to reboot, it took a long time and then booted me into recovery :crying::crying::crying:

So I went through setting my phone up from scratch and I am not going to try any other themes that don't say explicitly that they support Oreo.

The description for that theme on the play store clearly reads:

Play Store said:
ANDROID OREO IS NOT SUPPORTED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jfishbone311

ReelFiles

Jan 29, 2012
Wrong Island

DNA Project

That theme corrupted mine too, stay away

Archangel

Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
My Amazed Navbars seems to work with no problem,,,only problem I have heard is with Samsung devices and that is only that the colored navbars are white, but thats just with Sammy devices.

On Oreo (via Andromeda, but it shouldn't matter) 99% of navbar themes not updated to O don't work.

Attachments

Reactions: Uncle Louie

funek1

Nov 21, 2017
Junior Member8 posts Thanks: 0

Hello, will themes that says they work on Oreo, gonna work for 8.1?
I would like to theme only dialer, because stock one is so ugly