• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android O] Super Easy Ticwatch E/S Update Flasher

Search This thread

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
JN4aGll.png

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not responsible for any damaged watches, bootlooping logos, crying babies or other broken things!
The following tutorial CAN brick your watch if you're not careful enough! Once again I'm not taking any responsibility!

---------------------------------------------------------

Please read before doing anything:
This is an easy to use, (almost) one-click solution to update your Ticwatch E/S to Android O and enjoy the latest and greatest OS on your very own wrist!
The tool is especially, but not only, designed to upgrade Ticwatches which have/had TWRP and/or root flashed before since they cannot be easily upgraded without flashing stock partitions back manually before.
Before using this tool please disconnect any other ADB devices such as phones or other watches and only connect your Ticwatch! Not doing so could flash an incompatible image onto the wrong device!

Files you'll need:

Changelog:
v001:
Initial Release.

Instructions:
  • Enable ADB in the Developer Settings
  • Once done connect your watch to your computer and do "adb reboot bootloader"
  • THIS WILL RESET YOUR WATCH:*Once in fastboot mode type "fastboot oem unlock" (if you already have an unlocked bootloader you [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can skip this[/font])
  • Follow the on-screen instructions on your watch to unlock it (if you already have an unlocked bootloader you can skip this)
  • Extract the package and Double-Click the "flash-all.bat" file.
  • Wait a bit, the script does everything for you.
  • At the end the script will ask you if you want to format all Userdata, this is recommended and you should answer with "y" (yes).
  • Once this step is done your watch will automatically reboot. Enjoy Android Oreo :)

Have fun! :)
Thanks a lot to @Luxios for creating this package!

Last edited:

tuxdude143

Mar 18, 2014
Auckland
Ran into some issues running the script on my stock ticwatch. Kept bitching because my device wasn't unlocked. I'm going to try unlocking the device and trying again.

UPDATE:
If you have a stock ticwatch e like myself and haven't OEM unlocked it, this script will fail.
Before you run the script you need to run
fastboot oem unlock

You only need to do this if you HAVEN'T unlocked your watch before

Last edited:
Reactions: EpicLPer

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
For some reason the OTA update was screwing up, so I decided to try this. Unfortunately every single time I tried this it would say it failed to erase 'system'. I'd hear the PC make the device removed sound, so it's as if the USB connection suddenly reset during the process or something (to be clear, the pins are clean and it definitely had a good connection the whole time.) Eventually I gave up because there was nothing I could get to work. And now it won't go past the "ticwatch" logo no matter what I do. Am I royally screwed or is there anything at all I can do here?

EDIT: I thought I had closed the terminal from before, but it was actually still open. Here is the exact text:
Code:
> fastboot flash system system.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.493s]
sending sparse 'system' (131068 KB)...
FAILED (status read failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 0.835s
This is when I manually tried running the command. I think earlier it actually said it failed to erase system for whatever reason, but when I tried doing it manually I got this same thing over and over.

Last edited:
For some reason the OTA update was screwing up, so I decided to try this. Unfortunately every single time I tried this it would say it failed to erase 'system'. I'd hear the PC make the device removed sound, so it's as if the USB connection suddenly reset during the process or something (to be clear, the pins are clean and it definitely had a good connection the whole time.) Eventually I gave up because there was nothing I could get to work. And now it won't go past the "ticwatch" logo no matter what I do. Am I royally screwed or is there anything at all I can do here?

EDIT: I thought I had closed the terminal from before, but it was actually still open. Here is the exact text:
Code:
> fastboot flash system system.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.493s]
sending sparse 'system' (131068 KB)...
FAILED (status read failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 0.835s
This is when I manually tried running the command. I think earlier it actually said it failed to erase system for whatever reason, but when I tried doing it manually I got this same thing over and over.

Try rebooting, or a different USB port. Could be any number of things causing it.

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
I've rebooted a hundred times but it does exactly what it should do when system isn't flashed. The USB port has nothing to do with it, but the USB port is good. Well, I did try another with the exact same results at that time, but this is not applicable right now.

lil-g-gamegenuis

Aug 13, 2012
olathe, ks
I'm having an issue where after running the flash-all.bat, the system gets stuck trying to boot up. Looking in the logs, i see this error in the flash-all
Code:
Format all Userdata?(y or n): y
Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 2603089920
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 7952
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 9930
    Label:
    Blocks: 635520
    Block groups: 20
    Reserved block group size: 159
Created filesystem with 11/159040 inodes and 20879/635520 blocks
[B]error: file_write: write: Bad file descriptor[/B]
Cannot read image.
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  0.389s]
finished. total time: 0.393s
Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 67108864
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 4096
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 1024
    Label:
    Blocks: 16384
    Block groups: 1
    Reserved block group size: 7
Created filesystem with 11/4096 inodes and 1294/16384 blocks
[B]error: file_write: write: Bad file descriptor[/B]
Cannot read image.
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.037s]
finished. total time: 0.041s

EDIT:
I was able to fix the issue by flashing this rom first then reflashing this

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit
I've rebooted a hundred times but it does exactly what it should do when system isn't flashed. The USB port has nothing to do with it, but the USB port is good. Well, I did try another with the exact same results at that time, but this is not applicable right now.

I meant rebooting the PC.... And it doesn't matter if your USB port is "good" or not. Some ports just don't work with fastboot, regardless. If you're using a 3.0 port, it could cause errors, too.

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
I meant rebooting the PC.... And it doesn't matter if your USB port is "good" or not. Some ports just don't work with fastboot, regardless. If you're using a 3.0 port, it could cause errors, too.
Ok, I rebooted my PC. My watch that isn't even plugged into it is still doing the same thing. Could you maybe reread what I'm asking here? Basically the short of it is: "is there any way at all to get it back into recovery mode?"

And yes, the ports are fine. All other flashes did fine. Only system failed. The cable is fine. The contacts are clean. It was both USB 2.0 and 3.0 as I said I tried multiple ports. This is wildly irrelevant at this time as I need to get the watch able to be flashed before I even can flash it.

Ok, I rebooted my PC. My watch that isn't even plugged into it is still doing the same thing. Could you maybe reread what I'm asking here? Basically the short of it is: "is there any way at all to get it back into recovery mode?"

And yes, the ports are fine. All other flashes did fine. Only system failed. The cable is fine. The contacts are clean. It was both USB 2.0 and 3.0 as I said I tried multiple ports. This is wildly irrelevant at this time as I need to get the watch able to be flashed before I even can flash it.

This is a long shot, but did you try what lil-g-gamegenius did?

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
What I'm saying is I can't get to recovery. I'm asking is there a way to get to it by pressing the button a certain way or something.

I had a feeling this would happen and kept it up as long as I could, but there was a really bad storm and I had to shut down. (My PC cost considerably more than this watch and the watch would go up in flames if the PC did while it was plugged in anyway.)

T

TheVampkid

I ran the script but now I'm bootlooping.
Is there a way to get into the bootloader still or should I try my luck at an RMA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JN4aGll.png

DISCLAIMER:
    I'm not responsible for any damaged watches, bootlooping logos, crying babies or other broken things!
    The following tutorial CAN brick your watch if you're not careful enough! Once again I'm not taking any responsibility!

---------------------------------------------------------

Please read before doing anything:
    This is an easy to use, (almost) one-click solution to update your Ticwatch E/S to Android O and enjoy the latest and greatest OS on your very own wrist!
    The tool is especially, but not only, designed to upgrade Ticwatches which have/had TWRP and/or root flashed before since they cannot be easily upgraded without flashing stock partitions back manually before.
    Before using this tool please disconnect any other ADB devices such as phones or other watches and only connect your Ticwatch! Not doing so could flash an incompatible image onto the wrong device!

Files you'll need:

Changelog:
    v001:
    Initial Release.

Instructions:
    • Enable ADB in the Developer Settings
    • Once done connect your watch to your computer and do "adb reboot bootloader"
    • THIS WILL RESET YOUR WATCH:*Once in fastboot mode type "fastboot oem unlock" (if you already have an unlocked bootloader you [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can skip this[/font])
    • Follow the on-screen instructions on your watch to unlock it (if you already have an unlocked bootloader you can skip this)
    • Extract the package and Double-Click the "flash-all.bat" file.
    • Wait a bit, the script does everything for you.
    • At the end the script will ask you if you want to format all Userdata, this is recommended and you should answer with "y" (yes).
    • Once this step is done your watch will automatically reboot. Enjoy Android Oreo :)

Have fun! :)
    Thanks a lot to @Luxios for creating this package!
    You can't get into recovery directly but you can get into fastboot directly. Make sure the watch is unplugged (makes this way easier) then turn off the watch by holding the power button. Once its off, hold the power button, the watch will turn on but keep holding it until it vibrates. After it vibrates, let go of the power button (otherwise the watch will turn off again) then tap the button and it should do a short vibration and send you to fasboot. At this point you can use `fastboot oem reboot-recovery` to get into recovery.
    I've added a Mirror URL now pointing to my own website, should hopefully not run out of bandwidth anymore :)
    Flashed via macbook, flashed boot, recovery then system. Wiped cache and user data. Rebooted. So far all good!!
    Hi, I just bricked my Ticwatch S. Stuck in "Tictwatch" boot prompt. Can anyone help me out

to access fastboot, follow the user's tip @Fcukfame:
    "Long press button until long vibration then quickly short press the button for like 4 or 5 times."

In my ticwatch And it worked.