Android O

Search This thread

tttuning

Dec 5, 2010
I'm having issues with talk to text(microphone) in MMS app...it causes it to freeze and won't allow me to use

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
I clean wiped everything including internal SD and then installed O.
It never booted up.
So I hard rebooted.
It started doing a system dump, which I haven't seen in Android before?
Then I pressed volume up and it rebooted to the "Let's Go" screen in "safe mode".
A normal reboot from there had me boot up in normal mode.
Gonna set it up in a few and test aptX.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I just flashed the Android "O" preview on my Google Pixel XL and aptX is supported & working right out of the box. :good:

No mods necessary. All I did was log into my Google account, install Pandora to test with and bam, aptX works. Even my aptX headphones recognizes it's using an aptX connection.

See pics below for proof. :)
3rd parties are welcome to snag my pics in this post for use with publications if needed.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I tried fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-alpha2-fastboot-marlin.img and it tries to go to TWRP, but the TWRP screen just flashes on and off and never actually enters TWRP.
Thx for screenshots

For a 1000$ device , Google/Qualcomm could have upgraded kernel to 4.4 like new Samsung s8/sd835 !
Is there any kind of mix table per app like s8' https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/set-specific-app-to-output-audio-via-t3593416 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX

NO, there isn't.
And that is the most useful sounding feature I never knew I needed.
I posted a question in that thread.

Samsung adds all kinds of stupid features nobody ever needs and ever once in a while, they somehow go and add something that might actually be useful.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

"Glove" mode is one feature I really miss from Samsung phones.
You never need it until you do.
I setup a Tasker profile to turn it on whenever I get on my Motorcycle.
It helps with glove workarounds like that liquid you put in glove tips to increase screen sensitivity.

smallsmx301

May 20, 2015

radioboy

Apr 10, 2007
I'm discovering that "swipe to unlock" from the active display doesn't work. I have to pick up my phone and use my fingerprint to unlock. If I see I have notifications, before I could just swipe to see them after a double-tap, but that doesnt' work now. Kinda annoying and hopefully fixed in the next beta. I can live with it for now.

aSquard

Jan 26, 2009
DF-Dub
Anyone know how to get the notification dots working? I'm not seeing them at all... Took the PTA from O DP 1 to 2. I've tried resets, clearing caches and reflashed system, nothing. I'm trying to keep from doing a clean install from base.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

siddhesh.raikar

Jun 9, 2012
Mumbai
Everyone running the latest preview, is your Google app version stuck on 6.16.35.26?

Tried installing newer one from apkmirror, but won't install..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rollback OTA to revert from OPP2.170420.017 to N2G47O/7.1.2 (will wipe the device)

https://ota.googlezip.net/packages/.../6e1ddee3dd47201bff3313286c1ba87708794ec4.zip

Code:
    cat META-INF/com/android/metadata
    ota-downgrade=yes
    ota-required-cache=0
    ota-type=AB
    ota-wipe=yes
    post-build=google/marlin/marlin:7.1.2/N2G47O/3852959:user/release-keys
    post-build-incremental=3852959
    pre-build=google/marlin/marlin:eek:/OPP2.170420.017/3990407:user/release-keys
    pre-build-incremental=3990407
    pre-device=marlin
    Android O (Oreo?) developer preview out now!

No OTA on the beta channel initially.
    https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html
    I clean wiped everything including internal SD and then installed O.
    It never booted up.
    So I hard rebooted.
    It started doing a system dump, which I haven't seen in Android before?
    Then I pressed volume up and it rebooted to the "Let's Go" screen in "safe mode".
    A normal reboot from there had me boot up in normal mode.
    Gonna set it up in a few and test aptX.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I just flashed the Android "O" preview on my Google Pixel XL and aptX is supported & working right out of the box. :good:

No mods necessary. All I did was log into my Google account, install Pandora to test with and bam, aptX works. Even my aptX headphones recognizes it's using an aptX connection.

See pics below for proof. :)
    3rd parties are welcome to snag my pics in this post for use with publications if needed.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I tried fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-alpha2-fastboot-marlin.img and it tries to go to TWRP, but the TWRP screen just flashes on and off and never actually enters TWRP.
    Sorry. An update for android O???
    I think he just discovered the O dev preview..