Android on RaspBerry PI?

Search This thread

huisinro

If you really want to run Android on Raspberry Pi, I would highly recommend you to purchase the newly released Banana Pi board, it's compatible with Raspberry Pi, and much faster with dual core cpu and 1G RAM. Banana Pi runs Android 4.2, and will run Android 4.4 soon, according to this site:

http://www.bananapi.com

I've been trying to port Chrome browser to Rasberry Pi, it was not successful, so now I switched to Banana Pi for that project, and things get much easier.

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
If you really want to run Android on Raspberry Pi, I would highly recommend you to purchase the newly released Banana Pi board, it's compatible with Raspberry Pi, and much faster with dual core cpu and 1G RAM. Banana Pi runs Android 4.2, and will run Android 4.4 soon, according to this site:

http://www.bananapi.com

I've been trying to port Chrome browser to Rasberry Pi, it was not successful, so now I switched to Banana Pi for that project, and things get much easier.
Is the android source code available for the banana pi?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pi

My Raspberry Pi shipped today ( 5-25-12 ) from Newark in South Carolina... Should have it Tuesday...
    Just got my RP, 2 of them, one for my father-in-law, let the Android OS port begin !!!
    BTW I did two separate orders over two months ago... what a pain to get these....
    Create a central space for collaboration?

I've seen gingerbread run on lower spec'd armv6 phones, even cm9, though it's a stretch. I don't see why it wouldn't run on an rpi.

I just got mine a couple days ago and I fully intend to port android to it. If there are a few interested people, which there seem to be, we should get a forum specifically for rpi/android development (Though I have no idea how I'd go about that).

-- I'm going to have to rewrite this a little because as a new user I cannot post links.

Hey up,
    A warm hello to all those on XDA. Ive used this forum for years, but have never got round to needing to creating an account and instead just spent time reading XDA. (You'll be glad to know I used the 'search' function before posting duplicate questions) :p

Anyways, thanks for all the help.

In return, I thought I would finally create an account, and as Tiksi mentioned about a dedicated forum for the android port of raspberry pi, I then remembered I had bought a domain name a few years ago called arduinopi.com and then brought in androidpi.co.uk. Ive got a bit of spare time, so my idea is to setup and provide a collaborative wiki for people to work on the android port project, or anything else Android <-> Pi related. I could even link it back to a dedicated forum on XDA if people think that would be useful?

In a day or so the wiki should be up and running at www androidpi.co.uk so let me know if you want to get involved.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? It doesnt have to be a wiki, so if its easier, as a base, use me setting up domain and hosting, and add your suggestions from there :)
    FYI
    Broadcom went open with the arm chip on the Pi.
    http://www.zdnet.com/raspberry-pi-primed-for-new-os-after-drivers-are-fully-open-sourced-7000006392/

Got mine. Ready to ride sir.
    So, is there a helpful reply around here?

Where can I download a working version of Android?

The only one that is bootable was done on android 2.x, but that's about all it does. No proper graphics driver etc. At this point, if anyone does have a good running version, they haven't made it public.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app