Android on Touch Diamond 2 GPS

Search This thread

superT0M

Aug 13, 2008
has anyone tried to id the hardware driver currently being used in the topaz android release? It would be awesome to get that working and have some turn by turn direction action. I am wondering if it's just pointed at the wrong com port or something else not too difficult to fix? Any information would be helpful. I am technical and I love mobile devices, I want to learn more about android so I can help make the existing ports more usable.

sentinel79

Jan 13, 2008
has anyone tried to id the hardware driver currently being used in the topaz android release? It would be awesome to get that working and have some turn by turn direction action. I am wondering if it's just pointed at the wrong com port or something else not too difficult to fix? Any information would be helpful. I am technical and I love mobile devices, I want to learn more about android so I can help make the existing ports more usable.

I second this ... PLEASE GPS!!!!

bad sentinel79, bad, go back to the topaz forums, you are not allowed to go anywhere else. lol :p

GPS would be absolutely great, but then so would sound, reliable wake up, better power management, etc. :D

The kernel developers are doing everything they can to work on each part feature by feature. But if they hit a roadblock they do not just sit around and wait, they move on and come back later (as is the case with the sound)
GPS will be done when they can get to it, but if anyone wants to jump in and lend a hand, there can never be too much help and ideas.

sentinel79

Jan 13, 2008
bad sentinel79, bad, go back to the topaz forums, you are not allowed to go anywhere else. lol :p

GPS would be absolutely great, but then so would sound, reliable wake up, better power management, etc. :D

The kernel developers are doing everything they can to work on each part feature by feature. But if they hit a roadblock they do not just sit around and wait, they move on and come back later (as is the case with the sound)
GPS will be done when they can get to it, but if anyone wants to jump in and lend a hand, there can never be too much help and ideas.

:eek: ... you caught me!