Android OS and Android system battery drain.

Search This thread

nikunjverma

Mar 14, 2015
Has anyone found a way to deal with the Android OS and Android system battery drain? I've already tried clearing my cache I've tried 2 or 3 different Roms as well. I hardly get 3 hours sot. Phone lasts about 6-10 hrs depending on usage. Before upgrading to nougat I used to get about 5 hours of sot and phone used to last for about 1 day and a few hours. Usually both Android and os consume 10-15% more than the screen . Please help, it will be much appreciated. Thank you.
I'm running Android 7.1.1 dev preview
With stock rim

Last edited:

istperson

Oct 25, 2010
Budapest
Has anyone found a way to deal with the Android OS and Android system battery drain? I've already tried clearing my cache I've tried 2 or 3 different Roms as well. I hardly get 3 hours sot. Phone lasts about 6-10 hrs depending on usage. Before upgrading to nougat I used to get about 5 hours of sot and phone used to last for about 1 day and a few hours. Usually both Android and os consume 10-15% more than the screen . Please help, it will be much appreciated. Thank you.
I'm running Android 7.1.1 dev preview
With stock rim

1. It's calculated (okay, more guessed than calculated) differently like on MM. They used to add everything they couldn't determine who used all the power to the screen, now they add it to Android System.
2. Also BT drains more battery, probably because it dozes less.
3. Switch to 7.1 DP1, it's better than 7.0 Nougat.

nikunjverma

Mar 14, 2015
1. It's calculated (okay, more guessed than calculated) differently like on MM. They used to add everything they couldn't determine who used all the power to the screen, now they add it to Android System.
2. Also BT drains more battery, probably because it dozes less.
3. Switch to 7.1 DP1, it's better than 7.0 Nougat.

already running 7.1.1 dp