Android P DP4 is here!

Search This thread

AkFatherof4nCounting

Feb 18, 2013
Fairbanks
How did you get v4a to work... Still can't get it done. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using my fingers on the keyboard.

Installed through Magisk, make sure to +volume for all choices during installation. Then I installed the Audio Compatability Patch through Magisk, +volume for the installation choice there as well, Rebooted and everything was fine.

Last edited:

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
Guys i have one question. I didn't get clear answer anywhere. Will i get OTA, if i am rooted through magisk? Can i install OTA without any problem even if i iam rooted and on stock ROM?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jasonbiggs

Aug 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
Installed through Magisk, make sure to +volume for all choices during installation. Then I installed the Audio Compatability Patch through Magisk, +volume for the installation choice there as well, Rebooted and everything was fine.
Great, works... thanks. I was using the magisk version and that wasn't working. Tried the other FX version and good.

rekids

Sep 12, 2013
Haven't had any success yet with finding the setting for allowing links in messaging to be clickable. Was working up until the other day and now can't click on any links. Previews are there for know contacts and found that setting under advanced but still not clickable.

Have tried reflashing stock with only Magisk and Flash kernel. Any help is would be great.

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
ehi guys!
i've finally decided to update to ddp4, i did a clean install but i'm having problem installing magisk..
i feel so stupid, i've did it so many times but now i'm definitely missing something as after installing magisk i get bootloops untill my phone reboot to recovery.. this is the process i'm trying:
1. fastboot twrp.img
2. flaash twrp.zip
3. flash magisk 16.7 beta
4. bootloops.. if i flash the magisk uninstaller, the phone boots with no problem! i've tried also magisk 16.4 and 16.6 with no luck :(

what am i doing wrong?
thanks!!

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
ehi guys!
i've finally decided to update to ddp4, i did a clean install but i'm having problem installing magisk..
i feel so stupid, i've did it so many times but now i'm definitely missing something as after installing magisk i get bootloops untill my phone reboot to recovery.. this is the process i'm trying:
1. fastboot twrp.img
2. flaash twrp.zip
3. flash magisk 16.7 beta
4. bootloops.. if i flash the magisk uninstaller, the phone boots with no problem! i've tried also magisk 16.4 and 16.6 with no luck :(

what am i doing wrong?
thanks!!
Do you have any modules downloaded already? They install when Magisk does, and one of them may be causing an issue. If that's the case, remove your module .zips from the MagiskManager folder, then try again.

Reactions: daede86

daede86

Oct 16, 2010
Milano
Do you have any modules downloaded already? They install when Magisk does, and one of them may be causing an issue. If that's the case, remove your module .zips from the MagiskManager folder, then try again.

Nop, no modules downloaded, i've the sdcard totally empty! Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot!!

EDIT:

solved!! i just had to remove lockscreen and fingerprint and it worked :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Can I flash this (removing -w) over july 8.1.0 and keep all my apps and settings?

2. Is it already good enough as a daily driver?
    Yes and yes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    1. Can I flash this (removing -w) over july 8.1.0 and keep all my apps and settings?

2. Is it already good enough as a daily driver?
    Thanks! One more noobish question. Can I revert to a full TWRP backup (including vendor etc) if for some reason I want to revert back to stock 8.1?
    Xposed and v4a working?

I couldn't get Xposed to install, but V4A is working great. Safety net also is not passing for me, I'm using latest Flash kernel.
    Thanks guys, then I'll wait untill we find a solution for safety net, Google pay is a priority for me :)

I'm using the element kernel for Android P and safety net is passing for me. That said, I haven't re-rooted the device as of yet so I'm just unlocked currently.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone