• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android P update

Search This thread

bo6o

Jul 19, 2010
Sofia
Call volume problems, at least for me and one other guy, was clogging of the earpiece with dirt. Try cleaning it - now I have to lower the volume, as before I couldn't here a s#it.
This is poor design, yes, but nothing to make me hate Nokia.
The biggest issue I have, with no solution so far, is the music dropping on Bluetooth connection and poor Bluetooth connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: omgjoz

j_chytown

Apr 22, 2012
Nokia 6.1 Update zip link
https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../1879f071d6ca7ca72fb1a750f045c3cdf00ff4dc.zip

Because it's not designed for sideload.
Rename it to PL2-3260-0-00WW-B01-update.zip
Place it to root directory of internal storage and dial *#*#874#*#*

Successfully performed on a TA-1068.
1 issue found: I had 4 fingerprints stored, and the system seems to be only able to handle 2.
I deleted all, and reset with only 2, and system was fine. I added 2 more, and problem still present.
I do think this is a likely bug/defect.

Curious if this is my model only or if others have seen the same.

necorbin

Oct 14, 2007
Augusta, GA
I did the manual update on my TA-1045 in US... Works like a charm... I too have noticed worse battery life, but my previous phone (lg v20) would last maybe 5 hours... This I can go over 24... Also the update seems to have fixed my one gripe... Memory management seems to be MUCH better. I haven't had my phone lock up once since I've updated, versus daily before.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Do you guys have "Markup" app? App for editing pictures, it should be in Pie, at least on Pixels.
I did not have it, so I downloaded and installed, now when I try to edit image (in screenshot notification with edit button, or via Photos app, 3 dots and edit in Markup) the Markup app just crashes. Storage permission is enabled.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using XDA Labs

Reactions: D-Mi

genbest

Nov 8, 2018
AFAIK it is not possible, you need to use other launcher, Lawnchair v2 is based on Google Launcher, but it has more features (you can also hide those bars)

Has anybody tried disabling "Google" in apps settings and reboot phone? That might be the solution for search bar, but I read somewhere that you can brick the phone that way :(

Turboorex89

Nov 13, 2018
Hello All,
I get my update from OTA last week in Bulgaria on my TA-1054. But I saw some of ne settings is missed, like faceunlock, most of gestures, geting notification on lockscreen and etc. Them i saw that the build number ID is 00WW_3_270, not 00WW_3_260.
Can someone give mi information how to get another version or must wait more updates from OTA ?

Last edited:

D-Mi

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys have "Markup" app? App for editing pictures, it should be in Pie, at least on Pixels.
I did not have it, so I downloaded and installed, now when I try to edit image (in screenshot notification with edit button, or via Photos app, 3 dots and edit in Markup) the Markup app just crashes. Storage permission is enabled.

I almost forgot about this and I was actually trying to remember the name. I tried this back on oreo it had some issues. But now just installed and it's working fine. No crashes so far tried direct edit and share worked fine. I Installed the DP3 version.

Last edited:
I almost forgot about this and I was actually trying to remember the name. I tried this back on oreo it had some issues. But now just installed and it's working fine. No crashes so far tried direct edit and share worked fine. I Installed the DP3 version.

First I tried the "original" one downloaded from apkmirror, and that crashes, I was thinking it will work on all devices with Pie. But ported version from HERE works fine.
Which one do you use?

D-Mi

Oct 26, 2017

D-Mi

Oct 26, 2017

Open the link in browser within the app it's redirecting to the forum and here it's totally different view I can't find the attached files.

Edit: my mistake if you use xda app you need to navigate to page one from the link I provided, but I wonder if it's the same one that you mentioned above.

Edit2: yep it's the same page :l btw I installed the 3rd apk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nokia 6.1 Update zip link
    https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../1879f071d6ca7ca72fb1a750f045c3cdf00ff4dc.zip

Because it's not designed for sideload.
    Rename it to PL2-3260-0-00WW-B01-update.zip
    Place it to root directory of internal storage and dial *#*#874#*#*
    does any1 get "need 2 set overlay for config_enableautopowermodes" when entering restricted app list in battery settings
    It happens in my case too...but doesn't seems to bother me much.
    Regarding battery drain i'm not so sure...it still gives me roughly a full day on a single charge..
    Btw i too have ta-1089 model.
    That doesn't bother me either but it feels like battery is draining a bit faster than Oreo that's what I am concerned about and thinking if there's something wrong with the adaptive battery, is it even working, as they said it will take time adapt according to your usage let's see what happens it's been only a day.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Camera good enough to use as a daily driver on this now?
    Not much but now it captures more details if only flash is on it focuses well but without flash it's all blurry and washed out not a huge improvement, just a bit. But in Nokia 5.1 plus stock camera works a lot better like it can be used as a daily driver, it has a different camera version 89. Something. And I tried that version as well but the results were just same in Nokia 6.1 and now the Google camera doesn't work on Nokia 6.1 after Pie update, it won't open.
    To those who are getting the OTA - Please try and and pull it from the servers and share for other users to potentially install on their respective devices if you have the know-how.
    So if you have the ntool, you can flash Android Pie?