Android Pie and Xposed install

Search This thread

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
Anybody messed with installing xposed framework and or any modules on the official Pie setup?
I'm not sure I want to go back to not having Gravitybox on my phone again.
Been looking around and I didn't see anyone mention xposed and Pie yet so I thought i'd start here.

Reactions: ammarameen1

GTDarthYoda

Jul 1, 2012
I could. Gives me a chance to play Pokemon GO lol
Also have decided the only module I miss is the ad blocker i had.

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
I made the jump to pie last night, the things i miss most so far from gravitybox/xposed, is the ability to break out volume adjustments for ringtone and notification tones, circle battery (i know there's other ways of getting this back), notification light settings along with individual app notification settings and i'm sure i'll find more as the day goes on and I use my phone more fully. But if i can learn to deal with those few things, I think i might like Pie. :cool:

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Last edited:
Reactions: Pixel vtec

BrikHaus

Jun 24, 2012
Xposed for Nougat took a year to be released. Pie has only been out for 3 weeks. Xposed for Oreo still hasn't left beta and hasn't been updated since January. Rovo doesn't seem very active anymore, so I wouldn't hold my breath...

I'm hoping topjohnwu can deliver a systemless Xposed option.... Soon....

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
You never cease to come through for me Badger50. You sir, are a legend!

(Is the best method for this to flash all components from 'flashall' separately, or just run 'flashall' by it's self)

Legend???....Bwahahahahaha, not even close my friend, but I appreciate the kind words. :cool:

Just run the flash-all.bat as is. It'll wipe everything for you :good::good:

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
I don't think it works that way. In order for a Magisk version to be available, the creator of Xposed (rovo) needs to have a "standard" version available for Pie first.

I could be wrong but I believe that is how the order of things have to be.

Yeah, the systemless xposed for magisk was based off the beta version of xposed, so yeah we won't see xposed through magisk till there's at least a working alpha of xposed for pie.. sux, but guess i've been surviving. really the only thing that's getting to me is the notification/call ringtone volume adjustment. so far i've found ways to get everything else i depended on from gravitybox/xposed.

Top Liked Posts