Android Pie and Xposed install

Search This thread

giltwist

Feb 10, 2011
Gravitybox is the main thing keeping me on Oreo. I use it to turn down the minimum brightness on the phone as low as it can go. XPrivacy is nice, but AFWall+ only needs magisk and does most of the job anyway.

Juansegovia20

Oct 21, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I guess many of us are not upgrading to pie cuz xposed is not available, i really wanna upgrade to pie but i can't live without "xposed edge"(wish it was available as a magisk module), i like gravity box too but i could live without it for a little while till xposed was available

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
I can't live without the sc hack until my gf stops using snapchat lol
Only reason I'm on Oreo

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: Lord. Tech

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I love the awesomeness of xposed but I'm not willing to stay on a previous OS for a year waiting for the Devs to get it up and running for Pie. Been on Pie for a few weeks and have no regrets, even though I do miss GravityBox and xInsta.

Javi22

Feb 26, 2011
Madrid
Oh damn!
I shouldn't have upgraded to pie. :(
I miss my Xposed. Ugh.

Haha it's the only reason I'm still on Oreo! You could always come back?

Guys you really think it's worth to downgrade only for Xposed? You could be waiting months with no security updates...

I ask because I bought the phone two days ago, already with 9.0. it's working great, however I miss some customization (like customizing navbar, torch button, gestures...whatever). But I don't know if I should downgrade actually. I would need to ser up everything again, plus It could be many months of waiting for xposed in 9.0. Maybe magisk could do the thing until xposed comes...

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Guys you really think it's worth to downgrade only for Xposed? You could be waiting months with no security updates...

I ask because I bought the phone two days ago, already with 9.0. it's working great, however I miss some customization (like customizing navbar, torch button, gestures...whatever). But I don't know if I should downgrade actually. I would need to ser up everything again, plus It could be many months of waiting for xposed in 9.0. Maybe magisk could do the thing until xposed comes...

I had a lot of xposed customizations and I moved over to Pie and have no regrets. Miss some of them, but man, the battery life on Pie is so much better than it more than makes up for it.

Reactions: Javi22

Javi22

Feb 26, 2011
Madrid
I had a lot of xposed customizations and I moved over to Pie and have no regrets. Miss some of them, but man, the battery life on Pie is so much better than it more than makes up for it.
Hmmm.... Really? Yes this is a very good point then for 9.0

Enviado desde mi Pixel 2 XL mediante Tapatalk

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver

I didn't downgrade, just never upgraded to 9.

I'm holding on to 8.1 for GravityBox and the Snapintercept module for Snapchat.

Security updates aren't insanely crucial to me, especially because I'll be getting the Pixel 3 XL which will have Pie preinstalled - and that's not too far off.

For now, I'm happy being on CarbonROM + Xposed + Flash Kernel :cool:

Reactions: Javi22

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
why Google cannot make something like xposed and magisk,
are they retarded ?
big company seems to have way to many delusional seo.

Google would never build something to modify it's own platform like xposed does, that causes all kinds of unstability if you choose the wrong options/modules etc. That's why it's on XDA.

While there are a couple features I miss from 8.1 with xposed/gravitybox passing safteynet and the ability to easily update with the monthly security updates does kinda pay off in the long run. The biggest headache I have with 9.0 is substratum, everything else more or less works without issue. I did have 1 app that just refused to work, but it hasn't been updated since 2016, so i blame the company not 9.0.
I do look forward to xposed being an option again on 9.0 some day, I'm ok with waiting for it on stock 9.0 rooted. If i really want some of the other features i miss, carbonROM and a couple other custom roms come a lot closer to having the features i miss.

Reactions: usamaiqbal1177

vineet allahabad

Nov 25, 2013
Allahabad
Google would never build something to modify it's own platform like xposed does, that causes all kinds of unstability if you choose the wrong options/modules etc. That's why it's on XDA.

While there are a couple features I miss from 8.1 with xposed/gravitybox passing safteynet and the ability to easily update with the monthly security updates does kinda pay off in the long run. The biggest headache I have with 9.0 is substratum, everything else more or less works without issue. I did have 1 app that just refused to work, but it hasn't been updated since 2016, so i blame the company not 9.0.
I do look forward to xposed being an option again on 9.0 some day, I'm ok with waiting for it on stock 9.0 rooted. If i really want some of the other features i miss, carbonROM and a couple other custom roms come a lot closer to having the features i miss.
How did u passed safety net with xposed... Enlighten please!!
Thank you!!

Reactions: henningsieh

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I guess many of us are not upgrading to pie cuz xposed is not available, i really wanna upgrade to pie but i can't live without "xposed edge"(wish it was available as a magisk module), i like gravity box too but i could live without it for a little while till xposed was available

Gmd gestures should be able to do most of the same things as Xposed edge I think.

Curiousn00b

Give this one a try. I used Xposed Gestures for a good while when I first discovered it, but came across this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivianuu.oneplusgestures

The same developer also made a PIE app as well, both are amazing. 10/10 for me.

On Pie(9.0), hiding the Nav bar also causes your recents to overlap the dock background a bit unless you revert to the old recents by uninstalling the Pixel Launcher.

Juansegovia20

Oct 21, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Give this one a try. I used Xposed Gestures for a good while when I first discovered it, but came across this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivianuu.oneplusgestures

The same developer also made a PIE app as well, both are amazing. 10/10 for me.

On Pie(9.0), hiding the Nav bar also causes your recents to overlap the dock background a bit unless you revert to the old recents by uninstalling the Pixel Launcher.
I bought the one plus gestures and itsgood but in my personal opinion xposes is way Superior, it has more customization and you can use any edge of the screen as activation area and i hate my activation area at the bottom, i like it on the right edge of the screen

Curiousn00b

I bought the one plus gestures and itsgood but in my personal opinion xposes is way Superior, it has more customization and you can use any edge of the screen as activation area and i hate my activation area at the bottom, i like it on the right edge of the screen
Yeah, Xposed will have far more customization due to limitations.

I'm one who likes my gestures or PIE to follow the Nav Bar, like stock behavior. Never really used my gestures for extra stuff, normally just used extra quick tiles for other things. :p

Lastly, the PIE app by the same Dev can be used on different sides of the device, but other than that, nothing to do but wait for Xposed to get updated. There's also a couple other apps that can be used on different sides of the device, but I myself don't know them.

Top Liked Posts