Android Pie confirmed for Moto Z2 Play

Search This thread

endimon

Apr 18, 2014
Mostar
it was confirmed multiple times on the official forum.... z2 play will get Pie, sooner or later... doesn't matter, 8.0 is also stable and rock solid, i hope 9.0 will be, too...

emcom

Oct 23, 2012
it was confirmed multiple times on the official forum.... z2 play will get Pie, sooner or later... doesn't matter, 8.0 is also stable and rock solid, i hope 9.0 will be, too...

I only wish for 9.0 because I really hope that they will update motomods engine somehow so that maybe some of its current problems would resolve.
And maybe some improvements for the camera - while it takes great photos in good light conditions, it's crap in low light (taking its parameters into account it should be much better I think... now only Hasselblad is saving the situation, but I don't always have it with me - My two other phones, Xperia XA2 and LG G6 take really nice low light photos, why Moto can't ??)

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
NPR, Florida
Yeah sure, a good way to lose customers I'd say, which leads to > less sales.

Seriously? Every manufacturer has to make the decision to stop supporting some of their devices and deploy resources elsewhere. So sooner or later said customer is going to run out of manufacturers to turn to due to them stopping support for the device currently owned if that is their mentality.
Built into the business plan. Kind of like what the phone and cable ,companies call "churn". So an unhappy customer leaves for another manufacturer, but they will in turn get the customer leaving that other manufacturer for the same reason. You get one from me, I get one from you. So it is not really a concern to them as long as they keep coming out with new devices. If you don't have what keeps you satisfied, you will go for a new one, which is what they really want anyway. Think that is one reason their customer support is usually the ****s?

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
~4 years ago, it was normal to get slow updates or get just one major OS update for a device, especially if not a flagship.
Right now the standard is higher and when buying a new device I will pick a device (Android One) or a manufacturer which supports their device better.

kewlzter

Feb 24, 2014
Moto Z4
~4 years ago, it was normal to get slow updates or get just one major OS update for a device, especially if not a flagship.
Right now the standard is higher and when buying a new device I will pick a device (Android One) or a manufacturer which supports their device better.

Good for you.
Do you realize Lenovo doesn't read comments on XDA?
It's the idea of this thread to share news about the Moto Z²P updates.
Your future purchase plans are off topic.

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
Wow, such a smart dude you are, and all the guys thanking you for stating what a very mean comment I made.
I was stating the obvious and joined an already ongoing discussion on motos dumb updates.
And you're not a mod or whatever to tell me what to write or not, smartass.

kewlzter

Feb 24, 2014
Moto Z4
Wow, such a smart dude you are, and all the guys thanking you for stating what a very mean comment I made.
I was stating the obvious and joined an already ongoing discussion on motos dumb updates.
And you're not a mod or whatever to tell me what to write or not, smartass.

Shouldn't you be applying your energy to shopping for your "Android One" device? This forum should hold no further interest for you.
Thank you for your time and opinions.
Have a great day, and enjoy your new device.

dollarpapa

Mar 13, 2018
Stuck on February as well on RETEU. Where did you see on the moto site that there should be an April update ?

You're not alone. And I wiped and reloaded the official firmware twice, just to be sure. And I'm on the international 2-sim version phone, this has not seen an update since February.

emcom

Oct 23, 2012
Maybe they stopped delivering updates because next update will be bigger, I mean the "P" ?
So, not to waste the time on patching "O"...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hopefully the phones we have will survive long enough to have another update next year. https://blog.motorola.com/2018/08/15/baked-android-pie-coming-motorola/ :)

Good for you.
    Do you realize Lenovo doesn't read comments on XDA?
    It's the idea of this thread to share news about the Moto Z²P updates.
    Your future purchase plans are off topic.
    Yey. Let's wait till end q1 of 2019 when Google starts to test Android Q for Motorola to get P ready for it's last year's phone's. Or do I have to remind you that Oreo was released end April/early May to the original Z play?
    Yey. Let's wait till end q1 of 2019 when Google starts to test Android Q for Motorola to get P ready for it's last year's phone's. Or do I have to remind you that Oreo was released end April/early May to the original Z play?
    And it hasn't even been released in some regions ??*♂️
    the unlocked bootloader might be the problem, don't you think?
    OTA might not work any more...

He would still receive notifications. Depending on what modifications updates might fail. Otherwise unlocked BL makes no difference.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone