• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android Pie on the XZ1C

Search This thread
Good day.
I have tried the SG Costumized and still no 2g only option :(.
Strange!
What could it be?

On Oreo I have 2G only, too. You had it on Oreo and not on Pie?

Sent from my XZ1 Compact using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181124-220135.png
    Screenshot_20181124-220135.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: Hansoliv

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
Good day.
Yes, in oreo i have only 2g, in 'Costumized DE' ROM, i have already tried 'Telekom.de DE' PIE, out of curiosity, but the same result, only 3g or 4g. :eek:

ulasalu

Feb 18, 2017
Good day.
I am searching for a PIE ROM with the GSM(2g) prefered network type.
I already flashed several version from different country, like the French, Italian, even Belenux and Taiwan. None of those has GSM only option. Just 3g prefered/2g
Anyone here has a version with the GSM only option?
Thank you.

You can try service menu(*#*#7378423#*#*) / service settings / network mode. I don't have pie in my phone but in oreo, there are more options in the service menu.

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
Good day.
I am searching for a PIE ROM with the GSM(2g) prefered network type.
I already flashed several version from different country, like the French, Italian, even Belenux and Taiwan. None of those has GSM only option. Just 3g prefered/2g
Anyone here has a version with the GSM only option?
Thank you.

It's nothing to do with which version of Pie you flash.
It's a setting in the phone.

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
It's nothing to do with which version of Pie you flash.
It's a setting in the phone.

Good day and thank you for your reply.
With Oreo, after trying some ROM, some had the option of '2g only' and other 'only 3g or 4g.'
That is why I was chasing a ROM in PIE with '2g only'.
Guess i'll have to improvise with a shortcut to the network mode in the service menu like the user ulasalu said.
Thank you

igorkode

Feb 13, 2011
SRBIJA
Good day and thank you for your reply.
With Oreo, after trying some ROM, some had the option of '2g only' and other 'only 3g or 4g.'
That is why I was chasing a ROM in PIE with '2g only'.
Guess i'll have to improvise with a shortcut to the network mode in the service menu like the user ulasalu said.
Thank you
Russian firmware have only 2g option.

whatsitsnamenow

Aug 10, 2010
California
This could be a stupid question, have you erased the phone?

EDIT:
May have spoke too soon. Camera doesn't work. Won't take pictures or focus.

EDIT 2:
Xperia Companion repair tool fixed the camera problem. All good again

Yes erased before I update and I also tick the wipe/erase when flashing option.

But anyways you are right. It does work. I have completed going back to Oreo.

I think the problem was me using an old Oreo firmware to flash and manually change the FSC file from 4.7.2 back to 4.7.1. This time I downloaded another Oreo firmware and created a FTF file. It then generates a new 4.7.1 file which I think is the original problem.
Thanks for confirming that rolling back to Oreo works . I was about to give up. LOL

Last edited:

xPandamon

Feb 19, 2017
Russian firmware have only 2g option.

https://imgur.com/a/dBk4L9F

I installed the russian version (that's german) and yes, only 2G is a thing. That also worked in Customized_DE i think on Oreo.

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Just some feedback. As fast as expected, battery life seems to be better and the new camera app is a blessing. That alone is worth upgrading for. Having no problems so far, except for the bug where Wifi starts dropping after multiple days of usage without rebooting. Pretty happy so far. If anybody needs something tested that doesn't require a rooted/ unlocked phone i could do that.

Last edited:

TheQuickFox

Apr 18, 2016
www.hypercoop.tk
I got a new Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) and updated it to version 47.1.A.16.20 using the Xperia Companion software. It still is Android 8. When I re-check for updates via the OTA updater or the Sony Xperia Companion PC software, they stay that I have the latest version for my device. Do you have any info on when Android 9 Pie gets released for my phone?

Last edited:

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
I got a new Xperia ZX1 Compact (G8441) and updated it to version 47.1.A.16.20 using the Xperia Companion software. It still is Android 8. When I re-check for updates via the OTA updater or the Sony Xperia Companion PC software, they stay that I have the latest version for my device. Do you have any info on when Android 9 Pie gets released for my phone?

Xperiacheck shows which providers are yet to roll out Pie, as soon as your provider adopts the 47.1.2.xxx you will get an invite to update OTA. Make sure you remove any login security ie: pattern or pin before the update. Some OTA updates have resulted in users being locked out of their phones.
If you can't wait then Newflasher and Xperiafirm will get you updated.

davidben73

Oct 3, 2012
Guys, I'm using pie with SG region firmware. Why there's no playstore download and install progress on notifications bar or tab?
I hate it. I can't track if my download still going or no. Please help

Reactions: Authi

TheQuickFox

Apr 18, 2016
www.hypercoop.tk
Xperiacheck shows which providers are yet to roll out Pie, as soon as your provider adopts the 47.1.2.xxx you will get an invite to update OTA. Make sure you remove any login security ie: pattern or pin before the update. Some OTA updates have resulted in users being locked out of their phones.
If you can't wait then Newflasher and Xperiafirm will get you updated.

Thank you very much. I got the German version from Amazon.de but I live in the Netherlands so I decided to flash the BeNeLux firmware. (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg)

I never did such a thing before, but found a nice guide at
http://www.xperiablog.net/2018/01/2...-firmware-for-xperia-xz-premium-xz1-and-more/

Which I followed and I now have Android 9. Tyvm.

Authi

Mar 2, 2011
Barcelona
Anybody try to roll back to Oreo? Ever time I try it gets corrupted and refuse to boot.
On Pie I can't get vpn to work so trying to get back to Oreo.

Mine isn't rooted either. I flash Oreo firmware with flash tool and it was successful. But when booting up it bouts to Android gear spinning logo and restarts in a continuous loop.

This could be a stupid question, have you erased the phone?

Yesterday I discover 306.ftf SG from xperia firmware page. Doesn't works the rom downloaded by Flashtool (Script problem)

Wifi doesn't works, problems with receiving calls, also problem with call recording (Google kill the option in Pie) so I decided to goback to Oreo, but flash doesn't works. Bootloop on Sony white screen.

Right now, I'm reading posts here, and tonight I will try the options readed here.

I'm very dissapointed with first Pie experience, and for me blocking call recording is too much.:mad:

I think will return to Oreo, I don't know how yet, but no Pie for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, it has been a while(very much time actually) and there is no update for the Customized DE.
    This is very frustrating because of the high hopes, and all the hype... Yeah, Sony will be one of the few to early release Pie for "older flagships".
    I know, I can flash this and that, but I do not feel that I should do that, considering I might be a simple user, without the necessary knowledge to do that.
    I said it and I'll say it again: this "phased roll out" is a pretty big bullsh*t.
    Don't get me wrong, I am a Sony boy, I had Z3 compact(and still have) that I repaired a lot, both SW and HW, Sony Camera, Sony earphones, Sony bluetooth speakers and so on. But their commitment in this case is disgusting.
    When you set such expectations: 26 november, or whatever, and there is still not even a SECURITY update for Customized DE, there is a real problem.
    Me, Sony boy, and Apple "hater" will emphasize again the difference: Apple makes an update worldwide in one night for a lot of users, Sony cannot make a security update for so much many less users in 2 months almost.
    Bugs or not, there is no excuse for security updates. I work in IT, and when you have a deadline, there is pretty much nothing you can say to be over the deadline by so much.
    The idea is that nothing is pushing them, nothing is making them WANT to solve the issues. They have plenty of time, and just do what they want. Some regions got 2 updates already, and others none, FOR THE SAME F*CKING PHONE MODEL.
    Really wish Sony had a competitor with same specs, small screen and camera button and eventually clean Android, so I can switch in a second.
    Also no SW improvement coming soon, or the support for the Google camera which is plain stupid, considering the very good camera HW Sony phones have. Again, looks like this is not their priority.
    Is there any way to "speak" so they will "listen"?
    I am asking you and answering myself: "Probably, not... They will just loose money and sales, they will fire even more employees, until they close the mobile department and that's that".
    It's sad because I(and most probably you guys, also) see the big potential in them:
    Innovation, good HW, the Z-series design, waterproofness, that good feeling, music, headphone jack(sometimes), 2steps camera button, compact phones, and so on.
    But they keep missing something so that they will sell and be good for more people.
    Maybe not enough marketing so the sell "crap" like Samsung a lot, or maybe they can learn some stuff from Apple, or perhaps the option to sell more cheap but well made phones like the chinese guys or OnePlus. I really do not understand...
    I still love my XZ1C and old Z3C, but they have their issues that could've miss and have more market share... and also make their customers happier.
    I talked a little bit too much, just to say what I feel "from my soul". :))
    Thank you for reading until now.
    What do you guys think about this?
    And what can WE do about it? :)
    p.s. Have a great year and may your "good" wishes come true! :D
    Thanks! I'll try it today.

The best thing is, that with unlocked bootloader the camera works without any patches. No green pics anymore. Thx Sony
    I'm having trouble flashing the firmware downloaded from XperiFirm.
    After downloading Cutomized SG 47.2.A.0.306 version firmware, i started flashing like i always do with flashtool, and i get an "No flash script found. Flash script is mandatory" error.
    Anyone that faced the same problem could tell me what it is?
    Thank you.

rename the script file to 47.2.fsc
    C:\Users\yourusername\.flashTool\devices\G84XX
    By the end of this year, XZ1 and XZ1 compact will get Android Pie.
    Source
    List of the Sony phones, that will get Android (Mud) Pie:
    * Xperia XZ2
    * Xperia XZ2 Compact
    * Xperia XZ2 Premium
    * Xperia XZ1
    * Xperia XZ1 Compact
    * Xperia XZ Premium
    I'm not even looking forward to Pie features, I just want the following:

1. Smart Unlocking/Wake (Wake on fingerprint/lift to wake/double tap to wake)
    2. Remove Cell Information App
    3. Fix missing Smart Lock on reboot
    4. Fix random Wifi/Bluetooth issues

This phone is perfect otherwise.