Android Pie * problems and disadvantages

Search This thread

apek862002

Dec 7, 2012
Hi.android pie have a great bug
1. hotspot not working when use mobile data.
2.adaway not working
3.apn mobile data not working
Continue by you ....

I installed pie yesterday (need to flash ruu and after that do ota etc.) and everything is working fine. Hotspot works at 2.4 and 5 GHz, adaway works fine systemless (need to check this option in Magisk), mobile data also works (LTE +, VoLTE). Maybe you did something wrong?

mehrdad_esmaeeli

Nov 30, 2017
I installed pie yesterday (need to flash ruu and after that do ota etc.) and everything is working fine. Hotspot works at 2.4 and 5 GHz, adaway works fine systemless (need to check this option in Magisk), mobile data also works (LTE +, VoLTE). Maybe you did something wrong?

What's your build number?
My build number is 401
I have a ruu rom
When hotspot is on mobile data not work.

apek862002

Dec 7, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190829-081432.png
    Screenshot_20190829-081432.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 261

junitrules

Aug 29, 2013
Since upgrading my single SIM UK HTC u11 to Pie the notification cards in the drawer are doubling up for some apps. I've noticed this with Sonos Controller app and Google Maps commute information notification. Its like there is a notification within the notification...

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
The hotspot is working fine for me (3.31.401.1 and Cid 34).

I have a huge battery drain due to Google play services and the location is bit slower than Oreo (takes more time to show the current location).

I have noticed some scroll issues in YouTube and Twitter.

Sense companion is not counting steps correctly and some days there is no notification with the steps resume.

Digital wellbeing and adaptative battery are hidden (you have to search for them). I think they should be into the settings menu.

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Digital wellbeing and adaptative battery are hidden (you have to search for them). I think they should be into the settings menu.

Where is adaptive battery hidden? Only place that I could even remotely find it is in developer options and even then it is just the bucket options for the apps.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Anyone who wants to see "Adaptive Battery" in your Battery settings install:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/device-health-services/

That APK. Then go back into your battery settings and you should now see Adaptive Battery. So it does exist but highly possible HTC "forgot" the APK to "enable" it since this update does look to be a bit "rushed".

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
Where is adaptive battery hidden? Only place that I could even remotely find it is in developer options and even then it is just the bucket options for the apps.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Anyone who wants to see "Adaptive Battery" in your Battery settings install:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/device-health-services/

That APK. Then go back into your battery settings and you should now see Adaptive Battery. So it does exist but highly possible HTC "forgot" the APK to "enable" it since this update does look to be a bit "rushed".

In the search box under settings search for "battery". The 2nd or 3th result says administrator (sorry, I use Spanish and I do not know how it appears in English).

What you say that shows under developer options is the state of the apps that the system manage.

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
In the search box under settings search for "battery". The 2nd or 3th result says administrator (sorry, I use Spanish and I do not know how it appears in English).

What you say that shows under developer options is the state of the apps that the system manage.

In English "Battery Manager" :). So now there are two odd ways to get this adaptive battery, fyi installing the APK also gets access to adaptive brightness. It changes auto brightness to adaptive brightness.

igor_slo

Sep 5, 2019
Hi,
I have HTC U11, Slovenia-Europe, we recived Android 9.0 in monday (2nd september 2019) and i have next problems:
- app "people" - don't open any contact
- phone is quiet - no ringing, no nostification no any sound…
- not download attachment from e-mail (e-maill app, gmail app, gmail browser…)
- if i have choise default ringtone no any sound in list...
- app foto not seen any photo, only silver square

After reset is all OK until the first call or first e-mail with attachment, and afre call or attachent is same ****… reset and next round…

PLEASE HELP..
[email protected]

presely

Sep 5, 2019
issues on Dialer

hello, non native american speaker here.
I have installed lineage 16 on my HTC U11 according to this instruction.
I have massieve issues on the dialer. i can dial numbers but i can't hear anyone. i can't hear a dial tone either.

Slide (reddit) and SatStat crasches my phone. Everything else works fine, it seems.

Maybe someone can help me to fix this.
Thanks in advance!