[Android] Pre-Built Builds [ION HERO DONUT]

Search This thread

idumych

Oct 31, 2009
Seattle, WA
PPP issue

Thanks for these great builds, it's a wonderful resource for noobies like me.

However, I've run into a couple of problems. Firstly, the ION build works pretty well, but I have issues with rotation. The Market worked the first time I tried it, but last night I played with Donut and then erased everything and went back to ION, and now it's constantly stuck at "starting download"

That issue I can deal with later I guess, but my main concern now is while data works fine in ION, it does not in Donut. Any idea what I can tweak?

THanks!

h0mer

Jul 1, 2008
Got the WiFi working with latest Jamzelle -build that JeckyllHavok posted. Browser works fine expect that very often it won't load pages with first attempt.

Market is not working. It gets stuck when trying to load Terms of Service. It just says "An error occured. Try again later". Also YouTube -application isn't working. It just keeps on loading.

Help?

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
Thanks for the pre-compiled builds. I am using ion and having a minor problem on my att tilt. There seems to be a video issue where some pixels dont show up right and are stucks. Doesn't appear to be hardware because they change with each screen. They are various colors other than that everything works great, tried to switch the resolution to the tilts native but everything was just bigger the problem still remained any one have any ideas or need more information to diagnose? Thanks

Using radio 1.70.19.09 and rom 6.1 shifu

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
Change the setting in your default/startup txt "att-tilt=" from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 which ever it's on right now change it ..

Thanks for the advice it was set to one and I changed it to 2 but it still had the issue. I also tried changing the pixel density to 160 according to an earlier post I saw in this thread but it had no effect as well. Its not bad enough to make it unusable but very annoying nonetheless

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
Ok, this might be a stupid question, but, does Outlook work for syncing contacts with this??
I want to give this a try if I get some time one of these days... ha

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ok, this might be a stupid question, but, does Outlook work for syncing contacts with this??
I want to give this a try if I get some time one of these days... ha

yes and no; you cannot plug your phone in and sync over USB, that only works on an Android device; if you are setup over an exchnage server (like gmail) you can if you use a build with exchange support.

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
Hmmm... not exactly sure how to do that... I'll have to look into it. Re-entering all my contacts would be a hell of a long job otherwise...

So upon some reading, this Google Sync, will that work?

Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hmmm... not exactly sure how to do that... I'll have to look into it. Re-entering all my contacts would be a hell of a long job otherwise...

So upon some reading, this Google Sync, will that work?

Not for android for some stupid reason; for now use gmail as an active sync server to get your contacts and appointments uploaded, then use gmail on android to restore them

ant0nwax

Jan 28, 2008
Data not working :(

Hello together, i have slowly enough of trying with Android

The problem is that i am trying since 2 months different builds and data does not want to work, and without data, android is nothing as you know...

I am trying in this very moment the lates ION from the first POST
In Donut data did not work for me, i tried yesterday

So i edited PPP in default txt and startup txt before i start android ION
Since my Provider T Mobile Hungary has a Pulse on sale now, they provide the official settings for android opearting system

I called the T Mobile support after booting ION (i often read you have to initiate a call after the first boot)

I tried browser, cannot load webpage

I set up APN, it gets green!

I try reload the webpage in browser, nothing happens, also the 3G icon does not appear... so maybe i try to reboot now

ION loads again from haret
after system is laoded: T Mobile is connected and there is a 3G icon now , wow

after launching browser it does not open webpage still
"Web page not availble"
another ending i never had... :( soon ill give up

my settings, default.txt like in ION, but I changed APN
my radio: 1.71.09.01
G: 25.27.40.02.
D: 3.RomeOS.4 i think the windows version 6.1 is okay (i dont wanna upgrade my system :) )
NVMM: 5.164.2410/M0NX

do u need to know more setting to debug?

Last edited:

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
Not for android for some stupid reason; for now use gmail as an active sync server to get your contacts and appointments uploaded, then use gmail on android to restore them

Oh, ok, I'll work on that.

Quick question, is there a way to block data connections on android? And is there an alarm? I'm assuming general .cab files do not work?

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
Ok, I've got it installed, and it's pretty sweet... is there a way to make it boot Android though? Like permanantly?
Also, "Ok" must be a back button now? I was trying to setup an alarm, and can't seem to make it save the settings...

relisys_s

Sep 29, 2008
Hi all,

I´d like to try android on my kaiser. But before I do, I´d like to know what I need to do to return to my old WM OS? Is this possible by just rebooting or a combination of keys?

Gageistheman

Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
data.img

I need some help with resizing my data.img file for the ION build on my Kaiser.

I don't have Linux on my computer, I have Windows 7. Please help.

Btw, my data.img is already 256mb.

Last edited:

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
Another question, why does the phone not vibrate when recieving a text? Nor does the screen light up or anything, so I never know when I get a text... using ION

Gageistheman

Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
Another question, why does the phone not vibrate when recieving a text? Nor does the screen light up or anything, so I never know when I get a text... using ION

Superman, try adding HaRet.exe to the Windows Mobile start up programs to boot Android every time.

For the message problem, try going into the messaging app, press the menu button then go to setings to see if you can set a vibration option..or find the option in the settings panel.

If that doesnt work, look through the market to find a message notification app. I know there's one cuz I just got it. Plus look for other alarms and/or message tones.

And for your other question, try using the Modem app to disconnect the data connection. If that doesn't work, look in the Market for an app.

Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ok, I've got it installed, and it's pretty sweet... is there a way to make it boot Android though? Like permanantly?
Also, "Ok" must be a back button now? I was trying to setup an alarm, and can't seem to make it save the settings...

Change your default.txt to startup.txt and when you run HaRET, it will automatically run. To get it to run auto; please a shortcut to HaRET in your \windows\start up\ folder. And if something does not work, just remove the SD card and reboot the phone, it will be back to windows

Hi all,

I´d like to try android on my kaiser. But before I do, I´d like to know what I need to do to return to my old WM OS? Is this possible by just rebooting or a combination of keys?

WHen you run android, nothing happens to W.M. If something goes wrong, like bad wrong, just reset the phone and everything is back to normal (except maybe the clock:D)

Android does not replace windows, it runs with windows.

Last edited:

kuraki

Mar 17, 2008
Hello together, i have slowly enough of trying with Android

The problem is that i am trying since 2 months different builds and data does not want to work, and without data, android is nothing as you know...

I am trying in this very moment the lates ION from the first POST
In Donut data did not work for me, i tried yesterday

So i edited PPP in default txt and startup txt before i start android ION
Since my Provider T Mobile Hungary has a Pulse on sale now, they provide the official settings for android opearting system

I called the T Mobile support after booting ION (i often read you have to initiate a call after the first boot)

I tried browser, cannot load webpage

I set up APN, it gets green!

I try reload the webpage in browser, nothing happens, also the 3G icon does not appear... so maybe i try to reboot now

ION loads again from haret
after system is laoded: T Mobile is connected and there is a 3G icon now , wow

after launching browser it does not open webpage still
"Web page not availble"
another ending i never had... :( soon ill give up

my settings, default.txt like in ION, but I changed APN
my radio: 1.71.09.01
G: 25.27.40.02.
D: 3.RomeOS.4 i think the windows version 6.1 is okay (i dont wanna upgrade my system :) )
NVMM: 5.164.2410/M0NX

do u need to know more setting to debug?

Okay mate i have had the exact samen problem as you have but i finaly got it figured out. My android has connection to data :D

Okay what i did was entered in my default was the ppp provided by t-mobile.

ppp.apn=internet
ppp.username=t-mobile
ppp.password=t-mobile

Although what i did to my APN setting (in android) was this :

APN: internet
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>

Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://t-mobilemms
MMS proxy: 010.010.010.011
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 204
MNC: 16
APN type: default

So i left the username and password blank. Try to do that. it worked with me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated default.txt for the DONUT build.

Fixes screen size issue on Kaiser.
    lcd.density=160 <-- Corrects the resolution

Thank you; I will update the zip file when I get home. My original default.txt had the lcd.density=160; I wonder where it went.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone