[Android] Pre-Built Builds [ION HERO DONUT]

Search This thread

DimaFern

Sep 14, 2008
Kiev
Thanks for the pre-compiled builds. I am using ion and having a minor problem on my att tilt. There seems to be a video issue where some pixels dont show up right and are stucks. Doesn't appear to be hardware because they change with each screen. They are various colors other than that everything works great, tried to switch the resolution to the tilts native but everything was just bigger the problem still remained any one have any ideas or need more information to diagnose? Thanks

Using radio 1.70.19.09 and rom 6.1 shifu

I'm having TILT too. And the same problem. It looks like it has 256 colors... No alpha chanel (transparency).
Using 1.71 radio. Tried ion and donut, same story everywhere. GSM did not work in donut at all. Under ion it draws the bars on top but dialer does not start.
Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

jegger79

Oct 29, 2009
Can't dial with Kaiser/Donut

Hi,

Looking for some help. Have Donut up and running on the Kaiser with wifi and everything but can't make a phone call. After entering the number and dialing, nothing happens. Says there is an active call though I can't hear anything - it won't let me end the call either. Don't know if it is related but I also can't get the contacts from my SIM card to download.

I have an updated ROM and radio. SIM card isn't passcoded.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

160bpm

Apr 23, 2008
Amsterdam
www.oudenes.photography
Hi Guys,

Maybe i'm to late and everybody has already a counter. But was looking for a working one that work :)

netsentry this one monitor every network connection so finally i can see how many MB's :D traffic i have on my data connection.

Cheers and have fun

Gageistheman

Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
I'm having TILT too. And the same problem. It looks like it has 256 colors... No alpha chanel (transparency).
Using 1.71 radio. Tried ion and donut, same story everywhere. GSM did not work in donut at all. Under ion it draws the bars on top but dialer does not start.
Am I doing something wrong?

In your default.txt, try changing the line htckaiser.panel_type=1 to htckaiser.panel_type=2

The Donut build is also not completely stable yet. It didn't work for me so I switched to the ION Build which works wonderfully.

Last edited:

Gageistheman

Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
Hi,

Looking for some help. Have Donut up and running on the Kaiser with wifi and everything but can't make a phone call. After entering the number and dialing, nothing happens. Says there is an active call though I can't hear anything - it won't let me end the call either. Don't know if it is related but I also can't get the contacts from my SIM card to download.

I have an updated ROM and radio. SIM card isn't passcoded.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had the same problem. Try adding your APN to the phone if it's not already there and reboot. If it doesn't work after that, try a different build. Plus, your contacts are sync'd through Google. Put the contacts in your Gmail account and they will auto sync to your phone.

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
In your default.txt, try changing the line htckaiser.panel_type=1 to htckaiser.panel_type=2

The Donut build is also not completely stable yet. It didn't work for me so I switched to the ION Build which works wonderfully.

Gage, I really wanted this to work, fired up android (using latest ion in this thread) but still having the problem. I had run android way back before data/wifi and never had this problem thanks for the help anyways, much appreciated.

Oh, just to verify I did change htckaiser.panel_type and not tilt keypad in case you were thinking that was it

Gageistheman

Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
Gage, I really wanted this to work, fired up android (using latest ion in this thread) but still having the problem. I had run android way back before data/wifi and never had this problem thanks for the help anyways, much appreciated.

Oh, just to verify I did change htckaiser.panel_type and not tilt keypad in case you were thinking that was it

No problem man. If 2 didn't work, I forgot to mention 3 lol. Try this website www.androidonhtc.com It has the latest build/basefiles and trouble shooting tips. :)

Thank you very much. I found this solution just several hours ago before checking again the forum:) htckaiser.panel_type=3 works for me greatly.
Donut is working. Got everything from here: http://www.androidonhtc.com/kaiser/latest_builds

Glad I could help. I had the same problem and found an answer. Sharing information is fun. :)

zmanw330

May 28, 2009
is anyone else getting this

I have tried a few android builds from this thread and each one seems to be fine but i have these wierd dead pixel things that are not dead because they move with the screen. :confused:
the are just small blue and green and red dots. i remember that back 6 mo. ago when i was messin round with android never had anything like this.
can anyone help?
thanks ahead of time.

habibjamil

May 8, 2006
I have tried a few android builds from this thread and each one seems to be fine but i have these wierd dead pixel things that are not dead because they move with the screen. :confused:
the are just small blue and green and red dots. i remember that back 6 mo. ago when i was messin round with android never had anything like this.
can anyone help?
thanks ahead of time.

i had the same problem with the messed-up pixels. changing the default.txt worked for me.

now after fixing that, data synchronization stopped working, and now even wifi.. does anyone know how this can be fixed and/or what files control this?

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
can anyone help?
thanks ahead of time.

Just got this fixed myself, if you have the att tilt change the htckaiser.panel_type=1 to htckaiser.panel_type=3

Gage and Dima, thanks a lot guys was able to get it fixed with your config files. My iphone was stolen and had to go back to my tilt. This makes it damn near as usable as the G1. Noticed one of your .txt files had the resolution changed. Makes the dialer look a bit crowded but overall looks nice. As far as "lcd.density=160" does anyone know if that makes a difference or is it only useful for certain configs?

arvinchugh

Aug 5, 2007
sound prob

for above prob.. solution is, use default.txt frm donut build and replace it with whichever build u have.. that should solve the pixel prob..

I have sound breaking prob in donut build.. it does nt play music or ringtones.. breaks terribly, any one can help with that? ION build is fastest, bt GUI is bit better of DONUT..

Thanks for help in advance.. :)

Cheers..

arvinchugh

Aug 5, 2007
Just got this fixed myself, if you have the att tilt change the htckaiser.panel_type=1 to htckaiser.panel_type=3

Gage and Dima, thanks a lot guys was able to get it fixed with your config files. My iphone was stolen and had to go back to my tilt. This makes it damn near as usable as the G1. Noticed one of your .txt files had the resolution changed. Makes the dialer look a bit crowded but overall looks nice. As far as "lcd.density=160" does anyone know if that makes a difference or is it only useful for certain configs?

Here is the file for u.. just replace it with your current build file and things will be all fine enjoy ;)

Attachments

• default.txt
    456 bytes · Views: 76
Last edited:

Ding911

Feb 27, 2009
Android Region

I seem to be having an issue with what I think is the region of the rom. When Im in the market I cant get to things like Pandora Radio, Doggcatcher or a lot of other programs that are only released in the US. Im not quite and expert on Android but it would seem that this android is in the wrong region. I dont know what file controls this or how to change it. Im using ION right now but it was doing the same thing on Donut. Any Ideas?

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
I seem to be having an issue with what I think is the region of the rom. When Im in the market I cant get to things like Pandora Radio, Doggcatcher or a lot of other programs that are only released in the US. Im not quite and expert on Android but it would seem that this android is in the wrong region. I dont know what file controls this or how to change it. Im using ION right now but it was doing the same thing on Donut. Any Ideas?

Try changing your local in the settings; I am in the US and have never had this issue

Tutungzone

May 8, 2007
Houston Area
Seems pretty stable...

Hey guys, been a while since I posted last (27th Oct) so I figured I would check in and see where we are. Just as a report, I have yet to restart the phone since before my last post, so I am pretty happy.

Those of you still having problems, start with the ION build, check your default.txt settings (especially the board-htckaiser.panel_type= ) which for my Tilt type=2 works great.

The only thing I have seen cause issues is if you do not make a call out soon after reboot, you will find that incoming calls may cause you grief. Other thn that, I have been connecting to WIFI, Cell Data, downloading and installing apps from Market, and with "Work Email" app (Free MS Exchange App) weather, facebook, gmail etc running I am getting aprox 15hrs of battery which is not too shabby.

I am still running ION just because it is faster, and seems more stable to me. I see some of you having many issues with the builds, but I don't understand why because if you followed the first post, you should be golden. There are some other posts you need to look for, esspecially the default.txt posts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated default.txt for the DONUT build.

Fixes screen size issue on Kaiser.
    lcd.density=160 <-- Corrects the resolution

Thank you; I will update the zip file when I get home. My original default.txt had the lcd.density=160; I wonder where it went.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone