Update: Fixed already thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190519-165133.png
    Screenshot_20190519-165133.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

Jinded

Dec 9, 2010
Anyone else on Verizon noticing the Chat (rcs) settings are gone in the Messages app?
Same here, and I know that I've missed all messages in a thread that my girlfriend and I are both on - so the system still thinks I have RCS and isn't sending backup messages as SMS.

I read somewhere that downgrading to a previous version of Messaging would bring RCS back but that hasn't worked for me either.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Same here, and I know that I've missed all messages in a thread that my girlfriend and I are both on - so the system still thinks I have RCS and isn't sending backup messages as SMS.

I read somewhere that downgrading to a previous version of Messaging would bring RCS back but that hasn't worked for me either.
Check out post #98. It has an article detailing how to fix it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

sanjsrik

Crosswords doesn't save finished games or entered squares
Jorte doesn't start
As already noted, finance apps like mint has issues syncing

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Apparently if you update to beta 3 it wipes your phone but not sure if that is from ota or from factory image installation

Ok so ota doesn't wipe data
Didn't wipe my phone.

HiM@L

Nov 5, 2010
i have been in Beta 3 since it came out and had been in Pie before that.
One app I use a lot is Tasker.
Recently, i found out that Tasker pings every 10 min so that phone wakes up for stuffs to work (might only be Q thing, dont know). I got to know this because lockscreen showed Alarm icon for 10 min all the time and thinking its Q bug I posted in Android_Beta group in Reddit. Everyone pointed out its not OS but rather Tasker so that it can function properly.
So i decided to turn Tasker off and yes, as soon as I did that that lockscreen was gone.
And the MOST SURPRISING thing for me is:
My battery life has always been 3-3:30 hours screen on time and I have made peace with that for a long time.
Some one in Reddit pointed out that battery life could improve too if Tasker is not running.
So, I thought of turning Tasker off for a day.... and damn, My battery life jumped, I have been using it same as regular use and I am getting 4:30 hours screen on time with 20% remaining.
thats the first time I have hit that mark with Pixel 3 XL. I dont remember hitting that in Pie or custom ROMs.
I love Tasker, because I have set it to auto set setting when i leave home or get to work but now, after seeing how much my battery was affected, I dont know what to do. :)
I hope Google comes with rumoured "Rules" feature in Final Q.
Peace.

Top Liked Posts