Android Q Desktop Mode

koliberk

Mar 25, 2007
London
This looks usable :D

However, is this really Android owns desktop mode or rather a 3rd-party launcher?
All function are enabled by default Android Q Desktop Mode. Taskbar 6.0 is like a missing piece of desktop mode, where Google drop it's development.
It's pretty usable, I have at least 2-3h a day of work on it now. My old heavy laptop is collecting dust ?

kev1807

Jan 17, 2011
Heidelberg
All function are enabled by default Android Q Desktop Mode. Taskbar 6.0 is like a missing piece of desktop mode, where Google drop it's development.
It's pretty usable, I have at least 2-3h a day of work on it now. My old heavy laptop is collecting dust ?
How are you working apps like slack or other that are not optimised for desktop use?
It really gives me headaches :D

lowrider82

Jan 26, 2012
I'm not using Slack. But e.g. Whatsapp only works full screen on Desktop Mode. Excel and Word works fine, with a bit large font.
Hi mate. I have the op7t pro and for months have been looking for a proper way to turn it into a travel "laptop" but i don't know what really works. Can you confirm nexdock with Taskbar would do the trick? Does integrated nexdock2 touchpad and keyboard work flawlessly? I read somewhere that it doesn't work immediately as you connect it and requires fiddling, and that after the latest update touchpad and keyboard stopped working. Do share your tips

koliberk

Mar 25, 2007
London
Hi mate. I have the op7t pro and for months have been looking for a proper way to turn it into a travel "laptop" but i don't know what really works. Can you confirm nexdock with Taskbar would do the trick? Does integrated nexdock2 touchpad and keyboard work flawlessly? I read somewhere that it doesn't work immediately as you connect it and requires fiddling, and that after the latest update touchpad and keyboard stopped working. Do share your tips
Hi, you are right, after recent update, touchpad and keyboard stopped working. So that's why I replace my OP7T Pro with Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and now i have full support with DEX.

lowrider82

Jan 26, 2012
Hi, you are right, after recent update, touchpad and keyboard stopped working. So that's why I replace my OP7T Pro with Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and now i have full support with DEX.
Aaah sh"t.... And there is no way around it eh? I really want to use my op7t pro mclaren as it's a beast... Any other options?