Android Q

Search This thread

psak

Oct 13, 2010

i had 3 nav bar mode with system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
after OTA update, 3rd button won't work, and i could revert back either - play store launcher is dated and would force quit on me.
thank you for posting the launcher, it saved me!!
Another problem i'm experiencing is settings app is missing top search bar
here is the screenshot:
android_q_bug.png
anyone have suggestions on how to solve this?
retro 3 nav bar mode would be incredible too on non rooted Q DP1
Thank you in advance.

lucky_strike33

May 15, 2013
i had 3 nav bar mode with system_navigation_keys_enabled 1
after OTA update, 3rd button won't work, and i could revert back either - play store launcher is dated and would force quit on me.
thank you for posting the launcher, it saved me!!
Another problem i'm experiencing is settings app is missing top search bar
here is the screenshot:
View attachment 4723693
anyone have suggestions on how to solve this?
retro 3 nav bar mode would be incredible too on non rooted Q DP1
Thank you in advance.

revert back?

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com
Anyone NOT getting notification icons on Active display? or some even not showing on locskcreen?

I need to unlock phone to get notifications on statusbar.. and sometimes I get only notification dot and I need to enter for example Slack app to get new stuff..

Q was installed via beta enrollment and System OTA menu

Wanted to ask before doing a full wipe

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
I'm really having a hard time holding myself back on this lol. Last year I waited until the public beta, but mainly because my Gear S3 already had problems working with my phone (Sammy kept breaking things). The only things I absolutely have to have are the Wear OS app, Duolingo, exchange email (Gmail or Outlook), a bank and a couple credit card apps, and like Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Has anyone had any trouble with anything like the above? I may just take the plunge anyway, but I already factory reset in January, I'd prefer not to again if it messes things up. It sounds like things are working well for the most part though!

Also, someone here said dark mode doesn't include apps, and I haven't really seen anyone talking about it, but, indeed it does. At least you can force it.
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-q-dark-mode-overview/

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I'm really having a hard time holding myself back on this lol. Last year I waited until the public beta, but mainly because my Gear S3 already had problems working with my phone (Sammy kept breaking things). The only things I absolutely have to have are the Wear OS app, Duolingo, exchange email (Gmail or Outlook), a bank and a couple credit card apps, and like Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Has anyone had any trouble with anything like the above? I may just take the plunge anyway, but I already factory reset in January, I'd prefer not to again if it messes things up. It sounds like things are working well for the most part though!

Also, someone here said dark mode doesn't include apps, and I haven't really seen anyone talking about it, but, indeed it does. At least you can force it.
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-q-dark-mode-overview/

All my 114 apps are working fine, including my bank apps and PayPal. Realy incredible for a DP1 build. Opted-in for the OTA and no wipe from Pie.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Anyone NOT getting notification icons on Active display? or some even not showing on locskcreen?

I need to unlock phone to get notifications on statusbar.. and sometimes I get only notification dot and I need to enter for example Slack app to get new stuff..

Q was installed via beta enrollment and System OTA menu

Wanted to ask before doing a full wipe

Yup me, didn`t wipe either. Will wipe and let you know if that helped.

Reactions: LorD ClockaN

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
All my 114 apps are working fine, including my bank apps and PayPal. Realy incredible for a DP1 build. Opted-in for the OTA and no wipe from Pie.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Yup me, didn`t wipe either. Will wipe and let you know if that helped.
It seems that Chase doesn't work nor does Google Fi. Any confirmations on those? Two non starters for me if that's the case.

uicnren

Jun 19, 2007
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 2 XL
It seems that Chase doesn't work nor does Google Fi. Any confirmations on those? Two non starters for me if that's the case.

I have the Chase app for credit cards, works fine. I dont use them for banking, so I dunno if its the same app.

And I still havent gotten Fi to work, and have not seen anyone who has (though thats just anecdotal, and a very small group).

Chatting now with Fi support to see if they can lend any insight.

See attached for the reply...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-194229.png
    Screenshot_20190314-194229.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Reactions: bobby janow
May 5, 2018
anyone having problems and was rooted with magisk.. you have to wipe and relock your bootloader. i was running into alot of apps not working correctly. android q can not be rooted yet. no need to have an unlocked bootloader right now. just saying. i wiped after i unrooted and took the ota. also tried reverting and no go. you can flash the image and ota with the bootloader locked too. odd because before you could not fastboot flash the bootloader locked, now it will. another just saying. now all the features work right. so many extra things i didnt see having wiped and started fresh. prime video and a few others kept crashing, no more been using this all day, no problems for me so far now. yesterday before i wiped, tons of crashing apps.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I have the Chase app for credit cards, works fine. I dont use them for banking, so I dunno if its the same app.

And I still havent gotten Fi to work, and have not seen anyone who has (though thats just anecdotal, and a very small group).

Chatting now with Fi support to see if they can lend any insight.

See attached for the reply...
If you can get the eSim Fi working I can use the web version of the Chase banking. I think the Chase app is different than the cc one.. Multiple saying the app doesn't launch or crashes on login. It will be fixed so not a huge deal right now.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone