[Android R][OFFICIAL] Evolution X for Mi 9 Lite [pyxis]

Search This thread

Echo2124

• Jan 29, 2017
    Melbourne
    Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi 9 Lite
    Just a question for the dev, do you have any people who are testing the ROM before pushing an official release. It seems rather careless of you to push updates out to devices that haven't been tested. Its clear from just using the new update for 5 mins that a bunch of things have been broken, the camera is broken, nfc is broken and the UI seems slower. NFC is a very important feature, luckily I have a NAND backup of the previous version so I can restore as I could not use my Mi 9 Lite if it doesn't have NFC as I use it for payments and other stuff.

fumareddu

Jul 14, 2017
    I found it on Settings > System > System Update, but I'd guess you've already tried that?

Maybe wait till OP posts again?
    Yeah, i think i manually updated to version of april 7 when i download and dirty flashed to get rid of the defective buffer fix. That didn't fix my camera though so i have no idea why your's is working. Anyway i guess it's wait until next version as there are a few things broken.

@Echo2124:
    There is a big disclaimer in the first page saying that things might be broken. This is a new release as it's android 11. The previous version of this rom based on android 10 was close to perfect and by far the most stable i tried on this phone. Give it a little time or simply don't jump to new versions asap and check the topic if everything it's working. This is a free service and one of the few dudes still writing stuff for this device (afaik other than this and miui there are no other Android 11 rom out).

Accuface93

Jan 17, 2018
    I confirm that NFC is not working after the last update(1753). It is ok with the camera.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-085241_Ustawienia.png
      Screenshot_20210411-085241_Ustawienia.png
      65.4 KB · Views: 49

DarkAngelGR

Recognized Developer
    New Update is available!

Download here
    Changelog here

NOTE: CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE

If you want to support me feel free to tip at Paypal

** Hotfix **
    I was informed that SD cards weren't detected due to a kernel issue. To fix this issue install the file below, don't use this on any other ROM as it will cause issues

Attachments

• SDcardHotfix-DONT-FLASH-ON-OTHER-ROMS.zip
      11.8 MB · Views: 34
    Last edited:

Echo2124

• Jan 29, 2017
    Melbourne
    I tried to install the latest version of the ROM, which is the one published on the 11 of April. I used fastboot and flashed the latest EEA firmware which is V12.0.6.0. I did a clean install in TWRP by wiping my cache, system and data. However after I flash the rom and try to boot the device it gets stuck at the MI logo and it just bootloops. So I went back and flashed Evolution 5.5.2 which was the first android 11 one released and it booted up with no issues. Can anyone else confirm whether there is an issue with latest rom.

Accuface93

Jan 17, 2018
    I tried to install the latest version of the ROM, which is the one published on the 11 of April. I used fastboot and flashed the latest EEA firmware which is V12.0.6.0. I did a clean install in TWRP by wiping my cache, system and data. However after I flash the rom and try to boot the device it gets stuck at the MI logo and it just bootloops. So I went back and flashed Evolution 5.5.2 which was the first android 11 one released and it booted up with no issues. Can anyone else confirm whether there is an issue with latest rom.
    I have the same. Additionally, the last update broke my TWRP, but luckily fastboot worked. Unfortunately after that TWRP didn't want to install via fastboot and I had to install the last global rom via Mi Flash.

fumareddu

Jul 14, 2017
    I'm not having any of that, TWRP worked just fine. NFC is working again as well as the camrea buffer fix.

Also i did flash the firmware found on this very forum from TWRP, not fastboot (as i reckon in the topic they said to use TWRP).

The only thing that is not working properly afaik is the backlight led for notification but that's it.

Echo2124

• Jan 29, 2017
    Melbourne
    I'm not having any of that, TWRP worked just fine. NFC is working again as well as the camrea buffer fix.

Also i did flash the firmware found on this very forum from TWRP, not fastboot (as i reckon in the topic they said to use TWRP).

The only thing that is not working properly afaik is the backlight led for notification but that's it.
    What firmware version did you use? Was it 12.0.6.0 EEA? Additionally did you wipe system, data and cache?

Accuface93

Jan 17, 2018
    I flashed V12.0.6.0.QFCMIXM (global), then I installed twrp-3.5.2_9-0-pyxis.img via fastboot. In next steps I wiped:
    - dalvik/art cache
    - cache
    - System
    - Vendor
    - Data
    - Internal storage

Then I installed EvolutionX_5.6_pyxis-11-20210411-0749-OFFICIAL.zip and SDcardHotfix.

Finally, I clicked reboot system and the bootloop occurs. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I have not read before that EEA is required. I will do the installation correctly and let you know if it helped.

EDIT2: I have followed the above steps on pyxis_eea_global_images_V12.0.6.0.QFAEUXM and the problem is the same.

Last edited:

Echo2124

• Jan 29, 2017
    Melbourne
    I flashed V12.0.6.0.QFCMIXM (global), then I installed twrp-3.5.2_9-0-pyxis.img via fastboot. In next steps I wiped:
    - dalvik/art cache
    - cache
    - System
    - Vendor
    - Data
    - Internal storage

Then I installed EvolutionX_5.6_pyxis-11-20210411-0749-OFFICIAL.zip and SDcardHotfix.

Finally, I clicked reboot system and the bootloop occurs. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I have not read before that EEA is required. I will do the installation correctly and let you know if it helped.

EDIT2: I have followed the above steps on pyxis_eea_global_images_V12.0.6.0.QFAEUXM and the problem is the same.
    I was not surprised. I did pretty much what you did, I did install the latest EEA image. Flashed TWRP, then I tried to install the latest ROM and I just got bootloop issues. For the meantime I'm probably going to stick on Evolution 5.5.2 as it seems to be the most stable version I've used.

Accuface93

Jan 17, 2018
    I was not surprised. I did pretty much what you did, I did install the latest EEA image. Flashed TWRP, then I tried to install the latest ROM and I just got bootloop issues. For the meantime I'm probably going to stick on Evolution 5.5.2 as it seems to be the most stable version I've used.
    Moreover, I really like this ROM. It works much smoother than MIUI. In my opinion, the battery lasts much longer. The gestures are working properly. The music on the speaker sounds fine, but compared to MIUI it is quieter. The camera error didn't bother me as I installed the PixelCam which was working fine. Anyway, Evolution on Android 11 is a great ROM.

fumareddu

Jul 14, 2017
    I used the procedure described on this topic: flash from TWRP
    Specifically:

Yes i did a clean flash, and wiped formatted all the stuff:
    - cache
    - System
    - Data
    - Internal storage

Keep in mind i am not the dev nor claim to know that this will work for sure on your device, so follow at your own risk

Accuface93

Jan 17, 2018
    I used the procedure described on this topic: flash from TWRP
    Specifically:

Yes i did a clean flash, and wiped formatted all the stuff:
    - cache
    - System
    - Data
    - Internal storage

Keep in mind i am not the dev nor claim to know that this will work for sure on your device, so follow at your own risk
    I understand that the last update (EvolutionX_5.6_pyxis-11-20210411-0749-OFFICIAL.zip
    ) works fine for you without bootlop?

pourmadeesse

Apr 6, 2011
    For me latest update from April 11th is ok excepted ctsProfile which failed, it was ok with previous builds
    And slow charging :(

Last edited:

Chifank

Apr 16, 2021
    Hi!! I'm new and this is my first post at this forum :)

I found a solution for a Bootloop when this rom is instaled first time. It's easy:

- Install like instructions says, and when Evolution X install finish, before restart, go to Wipe menu at TWRP and format data again (delete word 'yes' and type again). Then reboot to system
    - When you stay at bootloop step, enter to TWRP
    - Then instal file att. below for "Disable Force Encryption (DFE)"
    - Reboot system and profit :)

Sources Helped me:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ained-and-with-benefits.3915179/post-81380769

Attachments

• Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip
      3.1 MB · Views: 4
    Reactions: Echo2124

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New Update is available!

Download here
      Changelog here

NOTE:
      1) CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE (due to vendor update, else you get bootloop, hate me all you want xP).
      2) Some devices had bootloop issue on last update, this build worked fine for the tester so it should work for you as well.

If you want to support me feel free to tip at Paypal which will help me pay the server costs.

Don't forget to join my groups (https://t.me/dagrpyxis / https://t.me/EvolutionXPyxis) and my channel to be up-to-date (https://t.me/memegang_pyxis)

Hope you enjoy this update
      Hello everyone,

There is an issue with idle drain being too high (not on drugs) and in order to fix this you need to flash Chinese Beta A11 Firmware, this doesn't require any wipe, just flash the firmware and reboot. Please note, that Widevine will be L3 so no HD content on Netflix and etc.

Regarding issue with going back to previous versions, that won't be possible due to old versions (the ones before 5.5) didn't ship dtbo image and thus will lead to fastboot if you flash them.

Hope you enjoy Evolution X and have a nice week
      Hi!! I'm new and this is my first post at this forum :)

I found a solution for a Bootloop when this rom is instaled first time. It's easy:

- Install like instructions says, and when Evolution X install finish, before restart, go to Wipe menu at TWRP and format data again (delete word 'yes' and type again). Then reboot to system
      - When you stay at bootloop step, enter to TWRP
      - Then instal file att. below for "Disable Force Encryption (DFE)"
      - Reboot system and profit :)

Sources Helped me:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ained-and-with-benefits.3915179/post-81380769

I use latest version without bootloop and no flashing to disable force-encryption.
      Maybe you should try to install April 6th version and when it's ok, you make clean install of latest version (April 11th)
      I checked it and it doesn't work. I have bootloop all the time. I really don't know how the last update works for you ...
      Can you or the OP specify which buffer fix did you use so i can try and update to latest version as well?

also @DarkAngelGR I currently seems to have no problems with the A10 stable firmware i had to flash to be able to use the version of april 6 of this rom(that one that caused bootloop for some), the phone has a confortable 2 days uptime of normal use. does it mean that i can use the version of 17 as well with no issue or the battery drain occurs with that version of the rom and it's a "mandatory" update?

Thank you
      I used file pyxis-buffer-q.zip attached

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.6 for the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [pyxis]

Code:
      /*

* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,

* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following

* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if

* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.

*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
      1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
      2. Reboot to Recovery
      3. Wipe Data/Cache/System
      4. Format Data (Optional)
      5. Flash the ROM
      6. Reboot to System
      7. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
      8. Flash Magisk (Optional)
      9. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
      1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
      2. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
      3. Flash Magisk (Optional)
      4. Flash the ROM
      5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

New Update is available!

Download here
      Changelog here

NOTE: CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE

If you want to support me feel free to tip at Paypal

** Hotfix **
      I was informed that SD cards weren't detected due to a kernel issue. To fix this issue install the file below, don't use this on any other ROM as it will cause issues
      New update is now available!!

Download here
      Changelog here

If you want to support me by buying me a Monster or help me pay the server bills, here is my PayPal.

Don't forget to join my Telegram group and channel.

Thanks for using Evolution X
      I found it on Settings > System > System Update, but I'd guess you've already tried that?

Maybe wait till OP posts again?
      Yeah, i think i manually updated to version of april 7 when i download and dirty flashed to get rid of the defective buffer fix. That didn't fix my camera though so i have no idea why your's is working. Anyway i guess it's wait until next version as there are a few things broken.

@Echo2124:
      There is a big disclaimer in the first page saying that things might be broken. This is a new release as it's android 11. The previous version of this rom based on android 10 was close to perfect and by far the most stable i tried on this phone. Give it a little time or simply don't jump to new versions asap and check the topic if everything it's working. This is a free service and one of the few dudes still writing stuff for this device (afaik other than this and miui there are no other Android 11 rom out).
      New Update is available!

Download here
      Changelog here

NOTE:
      1) CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE (due to vendor update, else you get bootloop, hate me all you want xP).
      2) Some devices had bootloop issue on last update, this build worked fine for the tester so it should work for you as well.

If you want to support me feel free to tip at Paypal which will help me pay the server costs.

Don't forget to join my groups (https://t.me/dagrpyxis / https://t.me/EvolutionXPyxis) and my channel to be up-to-date (https://t.me/memegang_pyxis)

Hope you enjoy this update
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone