[Android R][OFFICIAL] Evolution X for Mi 9 Lite [pyxis]

Search This thread

Synt4x3rror

Oct 15, 2014
Just checked my recovery, and it's not asking for the passcode to unencrypt the device, ergo I can't do much with it.

Currently using TWRP 3.4.0_9-10-mauronofrio.

This behavior started after flashing A11 firmware, much like what happened to @KIngOrNot

Echo2124

• Jan 29, 2017
    Melbourne
    Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi 9 Lite
    Just checked my recovery, and it's not asking for the passcode to unencrypt the device, ergo I can't do much with it.

Currently using TWRP 3.4.0_9-10-mauronofrio.

This behavior started after flashing A11 firmware, much like what happened to @KIngOrNot
    Is your device encrypted, as it will only ask for a password in TWRP if your internal storage is encrypted. If you check your device settings under your security you should be able to find if it is.

Synt4x3rror

Oct 15, 2014
    Is your device encrypted, as it will only ask for a password in TWRP if your internal storage is encrypted. If you check your device settings under your security you should be able to find if it is.
    Yes, device is encrypted.

TWRP no longer asks for the password after I flashed the firmware.

Echo2124

• Jan 29, 2017
    Melbourne
    Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi 9 Lite
    Yes, device is encrypted.

TWRP no longer asks for the password after I flashed the firmware.
    When you go into your internal storage from twrp. Is it a bunch of random characters. If it is that means that TWRP didn't successfully decrypt your internal storage which means that you're pretty much stuffed if you want to install something without doing a factory reset from my understanding. You might find a way to resolve it though.

KIngOrNot

Jun 25, 2013
    Bcn
    I did all circle again. From 5.5.2 to 5.6 last update. In between, I f..up twrp with china firmware (solve with disabling dm verity ) . Any way I'm again on the same point, gcam buffer fix doesn't work. Magisk version is braking cam. And I said I will not move from 5.5.2...

Zapthos

Apr 3, 2018
    I'm experiencing ghost touches, which disappear after switching screen off and on again. It happens everytime I leave the phone untouched for a few minutes, and makes the phone unusable until I do the off/on trick.

I installed Evolution X last week and until then I never had these ghost touches. I come from a few months with BlissRom.

Anyone having the same issue?
    I had this too. I think it happens to a lot of Xiaomi phones (also heard of other brands having it) with AMOLED screens made in H2 2019. Just fastboot Xiaomi's firmware, send it for repair and they will replace your screen.

This rom probably uses a lower sensitivity, so it won't detect the ghost touches.

I had this too. I think it happens to a lot of Xiaomi phones (also heard of other brands having it) with AMOLED screens made in H2 2019. Just fastboot Xiaomi's firmware, send it for repair and they will replace your screen.

This rom probably uses a lower sensitivity, so it won't detect the ghost touches.
    But it only starting happening after flashing EvolutionX. Didn't happen with stock MIUI or with BlissRom.

Zapthos

Apr 3, 2018
    But it only starting happening after flashing EvolutionX. Didn't happen with stock MIUI or with BlissRom.
    This rom is probably using a different touch sensitivity, so ghost touches are more noticable. They also don't start happening instantly, for me it started like a year after owning the device.

And yeah, this rom seems to have the issue more often than MIUI. My friend has it on MIUI too, it just happens more often since he installed this for Android 11.

Maybe there's a setting to lower touch sensitivity? You can try that.

Cuesta4

Jan 11, 2014
    Very good, dude. Thanks for your work.

I'd like to know if there's a way to allow the camera app to be disabled without ADB, since I'll be using GCam.

Cuesta4

Jan 11, 2014
    There seems to be a problem with the way xiaomi cuts their screens, producing aliasing around the borders due to irregular cutting. When using MIUI, the outermost row of pixels in all sides are apparently disabled, diminishing this problem.

is there a way to do this here? Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello everyone,

There is an issue with idle drain being too high (not on drugs) and in order to fix this you need to flash Chinese Beta A11 Firmware, this doesn't require any wipe, just flash the firmware and reboot. Please note, that Widevine will be L3 so no HD content on Netflix and etc.

Regarding issue with going back to previous versions, that won't be possible due to old versions (the ones before 5.5) didn't ship dtbo image and thus will lead to fastboot if you flash them.

Hope you enjoy Evolution X and have a nice week
      Can you or the OP specify which buffer fix did you use so i can try and update to latest version as well?

also @DarkAngelGR I currently seems to have no problems with the A10 stable firmware i had to flash to be able to use the version of april 6 of this rom(that one that caused bootloop for some), the phone has a confortable 2 days uptime of normal use. does it mean that i can use the version of 17 as well with no issue or the battery drain occurs with that version of the rom and it's a "mandatory" update?

Thank you
      I used file pyxis-buffer-q.zip attached

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.6 for the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [pyxis]

Code:
      /*

* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,

* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following

* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if

* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.

*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
      1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
      2. Reboot to Recovery
      3. Wipe Data/Cache/System
      4. Format Data (Optional)
      5. Flash the ROM
      6. Reboot to System
      7. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
      8. Flash Magisk (Optional)
      9. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
      1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
      2. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
      3. Flash Magisk (Optional)
      4. Flash the ROM
      5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

New Update is available!

Download here
      Changelog here

NOTE: CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE

If you want to support me feel free to tip at Paypal

** Hotfix **
      I was informed that SD cards weren't detected due to a kernel issue. To fix this issue install the file below, don't use this on any other ROM as it will cause issues
      New update is now available!!

Download here
      Changelog here

If you want to support me by buying me a Monster or help me pay the server bills, here is my PayPal.

Don't forget to join my Telegram group and channel.

Thanks for using Evolution X
      I found it on Settings > System > System Update, but I'd guess you've already tried that?

Maybe wait till OP posts again?
      Yeah, i think i manually updated to version of april 7 when i download and dirty flashed to get rid of the defective buffer fix. That didn't fix my camera though so i have no idea why your's is working. Anyway i guess it's wait until next version as there are a few things broken.

@Echo2124:
      There is a big disclaimer in the first page saying that things might be broken. This is a new release as it's android 11. The previous version of this rom based on android 10 was close to perfect and by far the most stable i tried on this phone. Give it a little time or simply don't jump to new versions asap and check the topic if everything it's working. This is a free service and one of the few dudes still writing stuff for this device (afaik other than this and miui there are no other Android 11 rom out).
      New Update is available!

Download here
      Changelog here

NOTE:
      1) CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS UPDATE (due to vendor update, else you get bootloop, hate me all you want xP).
      2) Some devices had bootloop issue on last update, this build worked fine for the tester so it should work for you as well.

If you want to support me feel free to tip at Paypal which will help me pay the server costs.

Don't forget to join my groups (https://t.me/dagrpyxis / https://t.me/EvolutionXPyxis) and my channel to be up-to-date (https://t.me/memegang_pyxis)

Hope you enjoy this update
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone