• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android System ain't recognizing new Music and Photos folders

Search This thread

msprahalad

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
Hi Folks,

This is a strangest strange problem "Android System ain't recognizing new Music and Photos folders"

I've created a couple of new folders one for music and other for photos.
Looks like android system core isn't scanning these newly added folders

What am I looking for? Solution (A new core 'd resolve the issue not sure:()

Currently I'm using
PowerAMP as ma music app-- PoweAMP app relies on the android sys to maintain the music library so I can't see my newly added mp3s no surprise, but you can always seek your files in Folders

JustPictures as ma Gallery app-- This is pretty good app does the work cleanly..
No prob whatsoever

Guys if you're facing the same issue fill in your default music and photo app replacements

Thanks,

Last edited:

zax10

Nov 8, 2010
Inman
What rom are you using? I had the same problem with orangepot cm6. Reflashed and it fixed it.

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

CM-PRo

Feb 21, 2011
Mumbai
Hey, just check your SD card....there might be a file called .nomedia or something like dat...dont remember correctly.....just delete it and everything will be fine....i had the same problem earlier.

GoPDemon

Feb 23, 2011
I had the same problem when using data2sd. I needed to reboot to c stuff. Even if I took a video or picture

Sent from my X10i using XDA App