Android System Battery drain (oreo)

JellyPuddie

Oct 3, 2017
Same here. And I did a factory reset after updating to Oreo... High android system battery drain, I wonder what happened? Hopefully we got a fix soon.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Is it really draining or do you only see it in stats? To be honest I stopped checking detailed battery stats, looking at discharging rate chart + idle battery drain (when the screen is off) are usually enough to say if there is a problem. Battery usage chart should be almost flat when you don't use your phone, Oreo has quite strong and fast doze mode.

Gadox

Mar 26, 2012
Make sure it's really draining because Bluetooth shows me 12000+mAh spent with 80% battery left so obviously a bug in the charts not in the system itself. (Same goes for RCS)

Biospider

Jan 5, 2018
Same here. I have RCS first in battery consumption then the screen. With nougat the chart of the battery had flat zones. With Oreo the chart is always descending even when not using the phone

wimmetje

Jan 13, 2008
I got the same problem after updating to the January patch.
I read that the "APP preview messages" in Google options can be the problem, so i am checking this out with and without the option and look a the wakelock detector what it does.

afrizal87

Nov 21, 2012
This is a bug. Has been fixed with January security update.
I even have Bluetooth on ( cause I have a smartwatch) and it's using almost nothing
Im rooted with magisk and twrp,there is a thread that give a way how to get ota without losing root with magisk but i still afraid because they didn't mention if it would be fine if i have twrp recovery. What should i do to get January update without losing root and twrp,?

wimmetje

Jan 13, 2008
I got the same problem after updating to the January patch.
I read that the "APP preview messages" in Google options can be the problem, so i am checking this out with and without the option and look a the wakelock detector what it does.
DRAIN PROBLEM FIXED:
After some tests yesterday and over the night (while i was a sleep) with help of wakelock detector, i got my drain problem fixed by turning off the "APP preview messages" in Google options menu.

So try it maybe it works for you guys!

danistuta

Apr 10, 2008
I've found that is that kernel wakeup: 7000000.ssusb that keep my phone alive also in standby...someone else with this problem? any solution? Thanks.

Damn, do you have wakelock detector lite installed? Just install it and keep it running for a couple of hours he will show you more information.

HiQual

Sep 9, 2017
Crowthorne, UK
You can fix the standby battery drain by enabling "Data Saver"
Yes, I did say DATA, not battery saver
Go to settings and type "data saver" in the search box - switch it on.
I have stock OREO ROM, no fancy battery saving apps or custom kernel.