• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android TV 8.0 flash file for all TCL Android TV

Search This thread

slineo

Aug 11, 2021
The R579 version killed the HDR on all the native TV apps ( Netflix, Moviesanywhere, YouTube) but the HDR is enabled & working good when connected to external devices ( Roku, UHD Player, Firestick) through an AVR If anyone facing this similar issue please update in the post.
hi could u confirm which firmware plays hdr with native tv apps ?

I tried r579 and v574 and no one work with hdr

slineo

Aug 11, 2021
I am on V575 now, none of the native apps support HDR, I don't bother to use them as I stream from Roku and Firestick.
My c2us on v575 now
When i play in youtube video with HLG format hdr10 icon shows up
But haven’t tried with any native app
Any one tell me which frimware works fine
88636610-4C6E-427E-95B9-16CAD8862A79.jpeg

cuongvl305

Aug 18, 2021
hi guys,

i have the TCL tv model is L55H8800, the stock fimware is V8-MT56552-LF1V051
i try to upgrade it to V5xx, after i flash the new frimware it got brick :(( now it doesn't receive signal from remote and button on the tv anymore
please help me :(( pleaseeeeeee

Attachments

• 5cc22a8b3f02c85c9113.jpg
    5cc22a8b3f02c85c9113.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 16
  • z2687893418122_3be8a5b438f97b4d2399922730eb4b7b.png
    z2687893418122_3be8a5b438f97b4d2399922730eb4b7b.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
hi guys,

i have the TCL tv model is L55H8800, the stock fimware is V8-MT56552-LF1V051
i try to upgrade it to V5xx, after i flash the new frimware it got brick :(( now it doesn't receive signal from remote and button on the tv anymore
please help me :(( pleaseeeeeee
V8-MT56552-LF1V308....PKG file

Unzip, until V8-MT56552-LF1V308.pkg and copy to USB.

Edit:
Some more....

Also refer to this thread .....even V339 :

Last edited:
Reactions: cuongvl305

cuongvl305

Aug 18, 2021
V8-MT56552-LF1V308....PKG file

Unzip, until V8-MT56552-LF1V308.pkg and copy to USB.

Edit:
Some more....

Also refer to this thread .....even V339 :

Hi stasiof,

I downloaded and tried, but it doesn't work. My tv only has 2 usb ports (not has port 3/service)
[direct copy file .pkg to usb (fat32) --> plug usb into tv --> press hold the power button on tv --> Plug the power cord] nothing happened, it keeps on booting

Currently the situation is that it's stuck on step 1 (like pic in attached), I can't move or choose anything, just only turn on/off
What should i do now please advise me. Thank you !

Attachments

• 052403ddc57832266b69.jpg
    052403ddc57832266b69.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 6aa410c4e461133f4a70.jpg
    6aa410c4e461133f4a70.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 32
Apr 8, 2021
Hello. I have a 2018 model 4K TCL TV of the MT58 family. A few months ago I was in touch with TCL support of my country because my TV was malfunctioning, and OS updates were unable to fix the issues. The support engineer I was speaking with suggested that I avail a paid service for a technician visit. The technician was supposed to "replace" the entire OS software instead of doing any OS updates. The supposed TCL technician who turned up wasn't really a TCL employee; he was a contractor appointed by TCL to serve TCL customers in my city, and he didn't have a clue about what he was supposed to do. He started giving me some generic knowledge about Android updates. I immediately sent him packing because I didn't want some incompetent idiot experimenting on my TV and potentially making matters far worse for me. After trying a few things for a while, I was able to fix the issues on my own and get my TV back to normal working condition. It turned out that the issues were related to OS only and were caused due to TCL's wretched OS software system. Here's the kicker: the OS version I was facing the issues on a few months ago is the exact same version I have installed on my TV today (V8-T658T01-LF1V575), but the TV's behaviour back then and right now are completely different. The only reason my TV is functioning okay right now is because while trying to fix the issues, I sequentially installed different OS versions while eventually upgrading to V575 compared to the path of OS installations I took last time.

Anyways, the reason I am writing this post is that I want to know more about this "entire software system replacement" concept that the TCL engineer mentioned to me. I have been inside the service menus of my TV, and there are options to make backups of settings and EEPROM data to USB drives, and there are options to copy these settings and EEPROM data to the TV from USB. I tried making backups of the settings and EEPROM data to my USB pen drive, and ran into issues. First of all, NTFS and exFAT formatted pen drives and hard disks are no longer recognised on my TV. I even purchased Paragon NTFS software for my TV, but even that failed to work. Apparently I had misunderstood how that software worked, and hastily purchased it without researching it thoroughly. Only USB storage devices that my TV now recognizes are FAT32 devices. If I try to make a backup of settings and EEPROM data to a FAT32 formatted pen drive, only the settings are backed up to the pen drive, EEPROM data is not backed up. It does not come as a surprise considering that FAT32 file system allows a maximum file size of 4 GB and an entire EEPROM backup will need to save a 16 GB file to the USB device.

My question to everybody who owns a TCL TV is that, have you ever tried to make a backup of your system using the options present in the service menus? If yes, what results did you get? Could you backup the entire system? If you haven't tried it yet, could you try to make a backup of the TV's EEPROM data to your USB storage device and let us know what happens? I would certainly advise everybody to exercise caution and ensure that you choose the correct options and only backup your TV's data to the USB device. Let's hold off on restoring data back to the TV from the USB backups until we know more about this functionality, lest you end up screwing up your functioning TV.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Cheers!

stivensen2005

Sep 19, 2021
Hello, I have read the entire thread from page 1 to 9. I got the .pkg files to flash/install the FW on my TCL U55P6046 since its stuck on the Android animation circles.

However, i have the FW update.pkg in a FAT32 formatted USB 2.0 which inserted in the service port on the back of the TV, so I hold down the middle (Power) button under the TCL logo in front of the TV, and plug in the power cord, it wont go to any firmware update or anything, it just keeps on switching off, and switching on constantly till i let go of the button.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, tried multiple different files and no luck.

Note that when connecting the power cord the TV comes to live immediately without having to press any power button or anything. And when the animated circles are in play, you can't turn off the TV, beside unplugging it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Leaked TCL Android TV 8.0 before it is updated on TCL's own website, so if you have a TCL Android TV of model types Percee TV you can injoy Android 8.

Please Note that you have to use USB Port 3 and Not USB Port 2 or you will Problem.

(.........1drv.ms/u/s!AnbGbXJxdf9Bg4Uwth3AFXu8xksloA.......)

Download the file and copy to a blank formatted USB Plug in the format USB drum 32

1. Turn off the TV (power supply - unplug the power cord)
    2. Insert the USB stick in USB Port 3
    3. Press and hold the power button on the TV: n (not the remote control)
    4. Turn on the power to the TV (while pressing the power button)
    5. After approximately ten seconds, you see the upgrade message on the TV as soon as you see this, release the power switch.

The TV will now be updated. Do not disconnect or press any buttons until you see the google welcome page. The update is now complete.
    I have a USB 3 port and a USB2 port that says service on my TCL 55C2US anyone tried this one yet?
    I would love to see if i can give it a bit of an update
    Hi,
    I would like to go back to android 7 because after update my TV has bad video quality. it's possible? please help me
    hi Guys i would need your help. because i realy don't want to brick my tv. i have tcl 55dc760 on android 6.0 i would like to update it to 8.0. can you explane me more detail what should i do?
    thank you
    the title is misleading, this is obviously not for all tcl (android) tv's.