Android TV stuck on black bootloader

Search This thread

bergahisense

Jun 13, 2018
I was trying to root a Hisense Android TV with 8.0, however, when I ran adb reboot bootloader, the TV is now stuck on a black screen and won't show on fast boot or adb devices.

Any ideas?

Tried connecting through USB (the TV only has two USB ports, and a mini jack service port). I was using a USB-A to USB-C cable for it, however, I never got it to work. I only got ADB through networking.

I have tried connecting through Ethernet.

Last edited:
I was trying to root a Hisense Android TV with 8.0,...
I've never done this before on a TV but, I believe that the following thread may be your best bet in obtaining some member guidance within it for your specific TV.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3150281

There's conversations within that thread regarding the Hisense TV's and seems to be fairly active as well.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

Visharad

May 9, 2018
I was trying to root a Hisense Android TV with 8.0, however, when I ran adb reboot bootloader, the TV is now stuck on a black screen and won't show on fast boot or adb devices.

Any ideas?

Tried connecting through USB (the TV only has two USB ports, and a mini jack service port). I was using a USB-A to USB-C cable for it, however, I never got it to work. I only got ADB through networking.

I have tried connecting through Ethernet.

Did you try a USB A Male to USB A Male cable?

mahmutisci

Apr 13, 2022
Hi, i have the same problem with philips android tv, it freezes at the philips logo and the receiver light starts blinking. But not receiving any commands
were you able to solve