DIYTV ------- Guide by LolitoPicolito.
Note1: I am NOT responsible of your device’s health. If something got broken on the install, try to ask here in the community.
Note2: The Netflix APK wasn’t built by me but by (linksource) and I give credit to this guy for making a useful APK
NOTE3: I DID NOT DEVELOP THIS ISO. I DONT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE AT CREATING A x86 VERSION OF ANDROID. THE ISO IS PROVIDED BY THE YOUTUBER LINKED HERE (
I JUST MADE A SIMPLE AND EASY GUIDE FOR EVERYONE.
EDIT1:The iso is only 64bit, no 32bit iso rn Another thing, if the Netflix Fix dosen't work, try to uninstall and reinstall the apk untill it works, thanks.
Android TV X86 Pie: Download - MEGA
Netflix APK ATV (optional): Download - MEGA
Netflix APK FIX (read Fix Netflix): https://mega.nz/folder/UtkDSCKB#LrPhzAOf1C8abKJ-hQ1biw/file/E58ijLjT (Netflix_4.16.1_ZJ_HDFix-screenSize.apk)
Rufus: Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases)
or BalenaEtcher: balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives
Fix Netflix: This is a standard Netflix Tablet APK and I put this in to fix a problem that you may have with Netflix ATV. If you can’t open the app (the app opens but it immediately closes without displaying anything) you’ll need to uninstall Netflix ATV, install the fix APK first, see if it boots then install the other Netflix ATV APK. It should work and the ATV Version should now boot (you can uninstall the fix). I don’t know why but I discovered this when I was trying to reinstall everything to immediately see if there was some bugs.
Fix Home: This one is simple. If your Home starts freaking out, it maybe updated and its lethal and you’ll need to reinstall the whole OS. I hope that you are here not for your home that’s freaking out and you come from the guide. Just go on the play store and disable automatic updates from the setting icon.
Chromecast built-in doesn't work.
Home may break if updated (See Fix Home).
USB Debugging doesn’t work (wireless adb).
Netflix ATV(Only 480p because of the Widevine L1 cert.)
Prime Video (must be tablet version.)
Games (based on HW)
HDMI/VGA Output (Only on “Laptop Mode” for notebooks that needs to display out an external monitor)
Controller (USB and BT)
1. Flash the ISO File with Rufus or BalenaEtcher on a USB(4GB Min.).
2. When its done take the USB and put it on the PC.
3. When it boots, press ESC to display your Boot Selector.
4. Select your USB
5. When it displays a blue screen go on Installation, or if you want to see if your PC works with this OS, go select Android TV (First Option).
6. Select your partition / hdd that you want to install the OS in. (DISCLAIMER!! Go see how to select the right partition or your currently installed OS will may corrupt, or not boot.).
7. IMPORTANT! Select to ext4 for file system, or it will not boot / work!
8. Yes to install EFI GRUB2.
10. Press again ESC Untill it shows up the Boot selection and select Android TV.
11. Select the first option if you are from desktop, or if you are from notebook and you want to display the OS on an VGA/HDMI screen just select the Android TV (Laptop Mode) and close your laptop screen. In a few seconds it should appear the terminal in your external screen.
12. Do the standard Android TV Setup and it should now bring you to the Home of your Android TV. YOU DID IT!
13. IMPORTANT!!! Go see the Fix for Netflix and the Home Fix.
14. If video reproduction is a little bit slow, go on settings, device preferences, display, 3d , And select force hardware acceleration.
Credits to : Me! (Guide, and concept created and scripted by LolitoPicolito.)
??: Creator of the Netflix ATV APK. Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes. - FreakTab
ISO Provider :
P.S. If there are some bugs that I am not aware of, please email me on [email protected] and you are free to make a video on this guide! I am not english and sooo... it might be written not good. Hope you understand and this is my first post on this AMAZING website. P.S. THANKS FOR THE 14k VIEWS! HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!!