• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Android TV x86] [Guide] DIYTV (My own version of Google TV)

Search This thread

magmand

Jun 17, 2021
has anyone gotten the google tv interface to work i honestly dont care much for android tv

i know there is a sort of hack to running google tv on any android tv box but i cant get it to work with my install

i btw have netflix working in 1080p / 4k no problem

Feb 1, 2021
has anyone gotten the google tv interface to work i honestly dont care much for android tv

i know there is a sort of hack to running google tv on any android tv box but i cant get it to work with my install

In Sorry but the Google TV Launcher seems to be uncompatible with this version. Have you tried to disable the hardware accelerati on? If yes then idk how to help you. Btw how did you get Netflix to work?

Feb 1, 2021
W
Hii, thank you for your great work
working perfectly with cable but wifi it hard to connect although it will be connect but it will connect after a while
can you suggest how to fix wifi problem?

I already turn on - turn off wifi, try input date time manually, use fix ip

Thank you for your advice
Well my test device has some kind of problem like that and i didnt know how to fix this. Still you can try to do a wifi test. Lemme know.

Feb 1, 2021
Hey! I tried to read through all this thread and found no fix, just another guy with a similar problem to me, I installed several different versions of Android TV now, and I thought this would be the one that would work, but nope, Youtube video when played is A, Straight up black and can't do anything in it B, Black, but I can access the Youtube timeline and other videos, back out of it etc. C, Just as B but with a spinning loading circle.
Netflix gives ui-800-3 error and can't really do anything about it.
Spotify works perfectly strangely.
If anyone has a fix, I would greatly appreciate it being shared on the forum, thanks :-D
Have you tried to reset from TWRP? If yes you should try to install and uninstall apks untill they work. Yes i know, its really annoying but idk why It has this kind of behavior.

eno22

Jun 28, 2021
The most important thing Is that your PC supports UEFI. I havent tried MBR but It should work
I don't think it will work on MBR because I tried a lot of copies from different developers and it didn't work for me when it stops and chooses install and everything then stops here and doesn't open

eastrader

Dec 18, 2010
North Texas
OnePlus 8T

DIYTV ------- Guide by LolitoPicolito.
Note1: I am NOT responsible of your device’s health. If something got broken on the install, try to ask here in the community.
Note2: The Netflix APK wasn’t built by me but by (linksource) and I give credit to this guy for making a useful APK.

EDIT1:The iso is only 64bit, no 32bit iso rn :( Another thing, if the Netflix Fix dosen't work, try to uninstall and reinstall the apk untill it works, thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Links
Android TV X86 Pie: Download - MEGA
Netflix APK ATV (optional): Download - MEGA
Netflix APK FIX (read Fix Netflix): https://mega.nz/folder/UtkDSCKB#LrPhzAOf1C8abKJ-hQ1biw/file/E58ijLjT (Netflix_4.16.1_ZJ_HDFix-screenSize.apk)
Rufus: Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases)
or BalenaEtcher: balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives

Fix Netflix: This is a standard Netflix Tablet APK and I put this in to fix a problem that you may have with Netflix ATV. If you can’t open the app (the app opens but it immediately closes without displaying anything) you’ll need to uninstall Netflix ATV, install the fix APK first, see if it boots then install the other Netflix ATV APK. It should work and the ATV Version should now boot (you can uninstall the fix). I don’t know why but I discovered this when I was trying to reinstall everything to immediately see if there was some bugs.

Fix Home: This one is simple. If your Home starts freaking out, it maybe updated and its lethal and you’ll need to reinstall the whole OS. I hope that you are here not for your home that’s freaking out and you come from the guide. Just go on the play store and disable automatic updates from the setting icon.

Known Bugs:
Chromecast built-in doesn't work.
Home may break if updated (See Fix Home).
USB Debugging doesn’t work (wireless adb).

What Works:
Netflix ATV(Only 480p because of the Widevine L1 cert.)
Youtube
Prime Video (must be tablet version.)
Play Store
Google Assistant
Games (based on HW)
Spotify
WiFi
Bluetooth
USB
HDMI/VGA Output (Only on “Laptop Mode” for notebooks that needs to display out an external monitor)
SD Card
Controller (USB and BT)

Guide:
1. Flash the ISO File with Rufus or BalenaEtcher on a USB(4GB Min.).
2. When its done take the USB and put it on the PC.
3. When it boots, press ESC to display your Boot Selector.
4. Select your USB
5. When it displays a blue screen go on Installation, or if you want to see if your PC works with this OS, go select Android TV (First Option).
6. Select your partition / hdd that you want to install the OS in. (DISCLAIMER!! Go see how to select the right partition or your currently installed OS will may corrupt, or not boot.).
7. IMPORTANT! Select to ext4 for file system, or it will not boot / work!
8. Yes to install EFI GRUB2.
9. Reboot.
10. Press again ESC Untill it shows up the Boot selection and select Android TV.
11. Select the first option if you are from desktop, or if you are from notebook and you want to display the OS on an VGA/HDMI screen just select the Android TV (Laptop Mode) and close your laptop screen. In a few seconds it should appear the terminal in your external screen.
12. Do the standard Android TV Setup and it should now bring you to the Home of your Android TV. YOU DID IT!
13. IMPORTANT!!! Go see the Fix for Netflix and the Home Fix.
14. If video reproduction is a little bit slow, go on settings, device preferences, display, 3d , And select force hardware acceleration.

Credits to : Me! (Guide, and concept created and scripted by LolitoPicolito.)
??: Creator of the Netflix ATV APK. Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes. - FreakTab

P.S. If there are some bugs that I am not aware of, please email me on [email protected] and you are free to make a video on this guide! I am not english and sooo... it might be written not good. Hope you understand and this is my first post on this AMAZING website. P.S. THANKS FOR THE 14k VIEWS! HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!!
Thanks for the build, it is one of the better ones. So thought I would give some bug feedback.
1. Followed the outlined process. I had a 16gb usb drive, after getting to Home, I checked the settings (need a keyboard as mouse barely works) it showed storage of 4.1gb and it generated an USB error. Selecting the option to fix the error, it formats the usb memory and removes the MBR and sets it so even in my linux pc it can not be read. ( re-format is ok)
2. If I select Install, it flashes 1 then 0 and corrupts the MBR.
I have a x64 GB-BXi3 with 8gb ram and I have tried it with a USB drive and an internal drive (no usb) If I run it as a "CD" then all seems to work. So wondering how they make the Android Box, as with my specs I should have a super fast Android TV box? Again thanks for the effort.

fox3341

Sep 21, 2020

How did you get Netflix to run at 1080P / 4k? :O

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Hello,

This version run on my HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini together with LibreElec as Dualboot ... All is fine out of the Box ...

My Question is more ....

can we also count on updates or is this a one-off version or update we the Core system normaly over the Bootloader and this is enough ....

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Hello,

on Question i have ...

How i can control the volumen with a keyboard ? (solved - i download the app Button Mapper) and now i cantrol the volumen over my keyboard)

Some information how i can control without a APP would be nice!

Regards ....

to Apps i give later a Feedback

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    What version of Amazon Prime video (Tablet version) should I install?
    The most recent and the oldest are fatal to me ;-;
    There's should'nt be a precise version. I Just downloaded the First apk and It works. Alternative: You can use a Amazon Prime Video plugin for Kodi. I tried It and It works pretty well.
    Hey, is there a way to make sound go out through hdmi cable?? Thanks for the great work btw
    The problem with the sound is actually only when you use the live version with a USB stick. So it was with me! After the installation I go to setting - device setting - sound and change to my displayport and the sound works
    install Button Mapper from the store and activ ...
    You don't need Play Store

DIYTV ------- Guide by LolitoPicolito.
    Note1: I am NOT responsible of your device’s health. If something got broken on the install, try to ask here in the community.
    Note2: The Netflix APK wasn’t built by me but by (linksource) and I give credit to this guy for making a useful APK.

EDIT1:The iso is only 64bit, no 32bit iso rn :( Another thing, if the Netflix Fix dosen't work, try to uninstall and reinstall the apk untill it works, thanks.

Links
    Android TV X86 Pie: Download - MEGA
    Netflix APK ATV (optional): Download - MEGA
    Netflix APK FIX (read Fix Netflix): https://mega.nz/folder/UtkDSCKB#LrPhzAOf1C8abKJ-hQ1biw/file/E58ijLjT (Netflix_4.16.1_ZJ_HDFix-screenSize.apk)
    Rufus: Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases)
    or BalenaEtcher: balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives

Fix Netflix: This is a standard Netflix Tablet APK and I put this in to fix a problem that you may have with Netflix ATV. If you can’t open the app (the app opens but it immediately closes without displaying anything) you’ll need to uninstall Netflix ATV, install the fix APK first, see if it boots then install the other Netflix ATV APK. It should work and the ATV Version should now boot (you can uninstall the fix). I don’t know why but I discovered this when I was trying to reinstall everything to immediately see if there was some bugs.

Fix Home: This one is simple. If your Home starts freaking out, it maybe updated and its lethal and you’ll need to reinstall the whole OS. I hope that you are here not for your home that’s freaking out and you come from the guide. Just go on the play store and disable automatic updates from the setting icon.

Known Bugs:
    Chromecast built-in doesn't work.
    Home may break if updated (See Fix Home).
    USB Debugging doesn’t work (wireless adb).

What Works:
    Netflix ATV(Only 480p because of the Widevine L1 cert.)
    Youtube
    Prime Video (must be tablet version.)
    Play Store
    Google Assistant
    Games (based on HW)
    Spotify
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    USB
    HDMI/VGA Output (Only on “Laptop Mode” for notebooks that needs to display out an external monitor)
    SD Card
    Controller (USB and BT)

Guide:
    1. Flash the ISO File with Rufus or BalenaEtcher on a USB(4GB Min.).
    2. When its done take the USB and put it on the PC.
    3. When it boots, press ESC to display your Boot Selector.
    4. Select your USB
    5. When it displays a blue screen go on Installation, or if you want to see if your PC works with this OS, go select Android TV (First Option).
    6. Select your partition / hdd that you want to install the OS in. (DISCLAIMER!! Go see how to select the right partition or your currently installed OS will may corrupt, or not boot.).
    7. IMPORTANT! Select to ext4 for file system, or it will not boot / work!
    8. Yes to install EFI GRUB2.
    9. Reboot.
    10. Press again ESC Untill it shows up the Boot selection and select Android TV.
    11. Select the first option if you are from desktop, or if you are from notebook and you want to display the OS on an VGA/HDMI screen just select the Android TV (Laptop Mode) and close your laptop screen. In a few seconds it should appear the terminal in your external screen.
    12. Do the standard Android TV Setup and it should now bring you to the Home of your Android TV. YOU DID IT!
    13. IMPORTANT!!! Go see the Fix for Netflix and the Home Fix.
    14. If video reproduction is a little bit slow, go on settings, device preferences, display, 3d , And select force hardware acceleration.

Credits to : Me! (Guide, and concept created and scripted by LolitoPicolito.)
    ??: Creator of the Netflix ATV APK. Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes. - FreakTab

P.S. If there are some bugs that I am not aware of, please email me on [email protected] and you are free to make a video on this guide! I am not english and sooo... it might be written not good. Hope you understand and this is my first post on this AMAZING website. P.S. THANKS FOR THE 14k VIEWS! HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!!
    hi please share some screenshots
    I cant do screenshots but i can give you the video that i got the ISO of android tv of. If you need to see netflix, i will soon send screenshots/videos
    <---- UI Video (Not mine, but thats the source where i got the ISO)
    Thank you for your additional support. Its hard to solve people's problem alone... Thanks once again
    I solved this problem as follows. Can you try?
    When you see the boot screen, you should choose twrp recovery. after that you can select wipe and select the factory reset. and than reboot.
    Hi, thank so much for sharing, I followed your instruction and get all working but only volume control. In my case, I use android remote controller from google. Does you know any suggestion for me?
    To activate the volume controll you need desactivate audio plugins (Dolby Atmos etc..), go to Settings>Device Preferences>Sound>Select Formats and choose MANUAL. After, go back to Sound settings and you will able to desactivate the USE FIXED VOLUME option. Restart!
    Amazon prime video not working its says something went wrong pls try again later I can't use it