• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android TV x86] [Guide] DIYTV (My own version of Google TV)

Search This thread

AJ1le

Jul 6, 2021
I've tried installing it on my laptop but it only works when I select no hardware acceleration I'm fine with that but I kind of need it to be shown on the tv
So is there any way I can disable hardware acceleration for the laptop mode option (if I run it normally I just see flashing black and white lines and glimpses of the booting screen)

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
I've tried installing it on my laptop but it only works when I select no hardware acceleration I'm fine with that but I kind of need it to be shown on the tv
So is there any way I can disable hardware acceleration for the laptop mode option (if I run it normally I just see flashing black and white lines and glimpses of the booting screen)
Which laptop or which hardware?

Did you try attention to point 11 with an external monitor?

if you are from notebook and you want to display the OS on an VGA/HDMI screen just select the Android TV (Laptop Mode) and close your laptop screen. In a few seconds it should appear the terminal in your external screen.

AJ1le

Jul 6, 2021
My specs are HP Elitebook 8440p, 4 GB Ram, Intel Core i7 M 640 2.80GHz, nVidia GPU with VGA
When I use laptop mode the same thing happens (it shows the console on TV and then black and white lines and glimpses of the booting screen)

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
because of some apps ... Here for example Netflix ...
Isn't it because the build is identified as a Nexus player and because of that no newer APK runs on it?

if you change the device accordingly (to a current one) shouldn't newer APK also run on it?

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Apps that work on my Device:

Prime Video (no tablet version - the version from the playstore in version 5.5.12-armv7a)
Netflix (from the First post)
myvideo.ge (georgian TV)
OpenVPN for Android with autostart after the boot
Joyn (german tv)
TuneIN
waipu TV
Google Chrome up to Version 88.0.4324.181 possible

After the Chrome installation you dont have a Shortcut App Icon under Apps !

Go for this to the Webseite: https://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de/index.php and fill the form and generate the APK

App Name (max 15 characters): Chrome
App Package
(e.g. com.android.application): com.android.chrome
App Category: Apps

1 small Logo and 1 Banner Logo

Generate APK and Download APK

all standard Apps

Google Assitent works fine!

video preview

the Black Screen in Prime is the DRM there i watching short a Trailer with the standard playstore version

Last edited:

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Hi,

i try update the com.google.android.tv.remote.service (Android TV Remote Service) because installed is there version 2.xxxx.xxxx and over the Playstore, manuel or via adb i cant updates this to version 4.xxxx (lastest build)

Know a people why or can help me to update the version ...

All other is not a Problem only this APP

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Anyone tried this on Intel NUC (with Intel Gen 10) or other with DisplayPort?

Disabling other video outputs (HDMI-1, DP-2) doesn't seem to work. No video output.
Hi @American_Jesus

i dont used a NUC but a HP Prodesk 600 G1 DM with same Ports as your NUC!

At now the Perfect Hardware for this Project and all run out of the Box!

I used the the Version of HP
HP Prodesk G1 DM (Desktop Mini)
Intel Core i3 - 4150T
8 GB Ram
120 GB SSD

You must think you used a Hardware from Q4 2019 and the Android x86 used the Kernel 4.19 from Q4 2018 - Maybe your Hardware is to new .... Wait of Android 10 under Android x86 with Kernel 5.4 then i think your Hardware run out of the Box too or update / compile the kernel self and try ....

XMarksTheSpot

Jul 6, 2015
After I install it on the hard disk and boot into it, the keyboard works for a few seconds but then the resolution changes and the keyboard doesn't work at all. I can only click on things using the mouse. Is there any solution for this? Also is there a way to bypass setup and go straight to the home screen after installing it?

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
After I install it on the hard disk and boot into it, the keyboard works for a few seconds but then the resolution changes and the keyboard doesn't work at all. I can only click on things using the mouse. Is there any solution for this? Also is there a way to bypass setup and go straight to the home screen after installing it?
install Button Mapper from the store and activ ...

Semiotik

May 23, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9
I can't because I have to log in to play store and I am unable to type in my login info
other Question ....

Why you dont used this Rom not Native as local installation?

Resize your HDD/SSD
Create a new Partition with 32GB
Burn the iso with Rufus on a USB Stick
Start from USB

Install the Android TV on this Partition over create/modify Partition

For Help used this Video and do the same step by step and all is fine ...

BabaLiong

Dec 23, 2020
I can't because I have to log in to play store and I am unable to type in my login info
I try on dell n4050.. stuck on google sign in too

trying to boot with twrp... wipe (to wipe move your mouse fast) but still cant sign in... please try with debug mode and I can sign in to google

trying to boot laptop mode... with hdmi to tv lol both of them show the home screen like we use dual monitor
please someone help me?and wifi not working except ethernet

trying boot with debug mode... wifi working but the display showing in laptop and tv
hope someone can help

thank you

L01z

Feb 6, 2016
Hi thanks for this great work.

I've got an issue with bluetooth. I can't connect to any device. I can see device but when i try to connect to it it fail everytime.

How can I debug it ?

Pyoner

Apr 11, 2021
After closing the volume correction, you can use the remote control volume, but every time you reboot the volume will be defined in the maximum sound, please set this to improve?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you provide steps on how to do this?

thanks in advance
    I just install PrimeOS as per their instructions, then only sign into google, then shutdown. In androidtv usb boot menu choose advanced, then choose auto upgrade. When it's done it will boot with google sign in remembered.

DIYTV ------- Guide by LolitoPicolito.
    Note1: I am NOT responsible of your device’s health. If something got broken on the install, try to ask here in the community.
    Note2: The Netflix APK wasn’t built by me but by (linksource) and I give credit to this guy for making a useful APK

NOTE3: I DID NOT DEVELOP THIS ISO. I DONT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE AT CREATING A x86 VERSION OF ANDROID. THE ISO IS PROVIDED BY THE YOUTUBER LINKED HERE (
    )
    I JUST MADE A SIMPLE AND EASY GUIDE FOR EVERYONE.

EDIT1:The iso is only 64bit, no 32bit iso rn :( Another thing, if the Netflix Fix dosen't work, try to uninstall and reinstall the apk untill it works, thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Links
    Android TV X86 Pie: Download - MEGA
    Netflix APK ATV (optional): Download - MEGA
    Netflix APK FIX (read Fix Netflix): https://mega.nz/folder/UtkDSCKB#LrPhzAOf1C8abKJ-hQ1biw/file/E58ijLjT (Netflix_4.16.1_ZJ_HDFix-screenSize.apk)
    Rufus: Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases)
    or BalenaEtcher: balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Fix Netflix: This is a standard Netflix Tablet APK and I put this in to fix a problem that you may have with Netflix ATV. If you can’t open the app (the app opens but it immediately closes without displaying anything) you’ll need to uninstall Netflix ATV, install the fix APK first, see if it boots then install the other Netflix ATV APK. It should work and the ATV Version should now boot (you can uninstall the fix). I don’t know why but I discovered this when I was trying to reinstall everything to immediately see if there was some bugs.

Fix Home: This one is simple. If your Home starts freaking out, it maybe updated and its lethal and you’ll need to reinstall the whole OS. I hope that you are here not for your home that’s freaking out and you come from the guide. Just go on the play store and disable automatic updates from the setting icon.

Known Bugs:
    Chromecast built-in doesn't work.
    Home may break if updated (See Fix Home).
    USB Debugging doesn’t work (wireless adb).

What Works:
    Netflix ATV(Only 480p because of the Widevine L1 cert.)
    Youtube
    Prime Video (must be tablet version.)
    Play Store
    Google Assistant
    Games (based on HW)
    Spotify
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    USB
    HDMI/VGA Output (Only on “Laptop Mode” for notebooks that needs to display out an external monitor)
    SD Card
    Controller (USB and BT)

Guide:
    1. Flash the ISO File with Rufus or BalenaEtcher on a USB(4GB Min.).
    2. When its done take the USB and put it on the PC.
    3. When it boots, press ESC to display your Boot Selector.
    4. Select your USB
    5. When it displays a blue screen go on Installation, or if you want to see if your PC works with this OS, go select Android TV (First Option).
    6. Select your partition / hdd that you want to install the OS in. (DISCLAIMER!! Go see how to select the right partition or your currently installed OS will may corrupt, or not boot.).
    7. IMPORTANT! Select to ext4 for file system, or it will not boot / work!
    8. Yes to install EFI GRUB2.
    9. Reboot.
    10. Press again ESC Untill it shows up the Boot selection and select Android TV.
    11. Select the first option if you are from desktop, or if you are from notebook and you want to display the OS on an VGA/HDMI screen just select the Android TV (Laptop Mode) and close your laptop screen. In a few seconds it should appear the terminal in your external screen.
    12. Do the standard Android TV Setup and it should now bring you to the Home of your Android TV. YOU DID IT!
    13. IMPORTANT!!! Go see the Fix for Netflix and the Home Fix.
    14. If video reproduction is a little bit slow, go on settings, device preferences, display, 3d , And select force hardware acceleration.

Credits to : Me! (Guide, and concept created and scripted by LolitoPicolito.)
    ??: Creator of the Netflix ATV APK. Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes. - FreakTab
    ISO Provider :

P.S. If there are some bugs that I am not aware of, please email me on [email protected] and you are free to make a video on this guide! I am not english and sooo... it might be written not good. Hope you understand and this is my first post on this AMAZING website. P.S. THANKS FOR THE 14k VIEWS! HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!!
    hi please share some screenshots
    I cant do screenshots but i can give you the video that i got the ISO of android tv of. If you need to see netflix, i will soon send screenshots/videos
    <---- UI Video (Not mine, but thats the source where i got the ISO)
    Thank you for your additional support. Its hard to solve people's problem alone... Thanks once again
    I solved this problem as follows. Can you try?
    When you see the boot screen, you should choose twrp recovery. after that you can select wipe and select the factory reset. and than reboot.
    Hi, thank so much for sharing, I followed your instruction and get all working but only volume control. In my case, I use android remote controller from google. Does you know any suggestion for me?
    To activate the volume controll you need desactivate audio plugins (Dolby Atmos etc..), go to Settings>Device Preferences>Sound>Select Formats and choose MANUAL. After, go back to Sound settings and you will able to desactivate the USE FIXED VOLUME option. Restart!
    Amazon prime video not working its says something went wrong pls try again later I can't use it