🗃️Android Ultimate Collection & Guides📚

Search This thread

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Sure deserves to be stickied! @Retrial at the pure style of old XDA! Colors, clear, a lot of work involved and just for the pleassure to share! (XDA founding vision)

I will say it again, great work!

tumblr_mu9gw6dpf51rvner1o1_250.gif

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Sure deserves to be stickied! @Retrial at the pure style of old XDA! Colors, clear, a lot of work involved and just for the pleassure to share! (XDA founding vision)

I will say it again, great work!

View attachment 5757057
Thank you very much for your kind words! I really appreciate it. 😋

All my similar threads have colours, emojis, sections and are bold for better visibility in the eye of reader and ofc to be organized.
I believe it would be a chaos otherwise.
But I am still open to any suggestion if I can improve it somehow.

Thanks again, I hope people to find useful informations and good apps into this thread. I really enjoy to help and when people find useful my threads, that gives me motivation to keep on. 😊

Last edited:

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
New Update: 13/11/2022 🗓️
Changelog: 📑

General 📝

• Added link to this thread at OP for Developers or Contributors of apps/programs which can ask for help to translate the apps.
  • Splited the OP at three instead of two since the char lenght still wasn't enought and throw me errors when trying to add new content.
  • Moved & organized the section by name. Well...mostly, Multimedia & Productivity sections moved down to post #3 since are very long both of them.
  • Revamped the tags for each app to be better clearly if one app is [Open Source] or [Closed Source] and if it's [Free], [Freeware], [Freemium] or [Paid].
  • Added new sections Camera 📷, Maps & Navigation 🗺️.
  • Added the subsections Clock & Time 🕓, Drawing 🎨 and Dictionary 📖 at Productivity.
  • Added the sub-section Live Wallpapers 🧩 at Personalization.
  • Added the sub-section Games 🕹️ at Gaming & Emulators.

Guides👨‍🏫

• Added Battery Tips🔋, How to take Logs 📝 and Amd Ryzen/Intel Fastboot Fix 💻.

Archivers📦

• Added ZeeArchiver [Open Source][Free].

Browsers & Addons🌍

Browsers🌍

• Added a note for FFUpdater [Open Source][Free] which can be used to update privacy friendly browsers.
  • Added FOSS Browser [Open Source][Free], DuckDuckGo [Open Source][Free], EinkBro [Open Source][Free].

Communication & Social🗣️

Dialers & Contacts & SMS📲

• Added Yet Another Call Blocker [Open Source][Free] and SMS Import / Export [Open Source][Free].

Communication💬

• Added Slack [Closed Source][Freemium], SimpleX Chat [Open Source][Free].

Social💭

• Removed Husky since it's no longer active project.

Custom Android🛠️

GApps (Google Applications) & microG🤖

• Changed the title to include microG section.
  • Added microG sub-section.

Download Managers & Torrent Clients⏬

• Added Subtitles Downloaders 🔤 subsection.
  • Changed the title of subsection Youtube Downloaders -> Audio/Video Downloaders.
  • Added Seal [Open Source][Free], dvd [Open Source][Free], SpotiFlyer [Open Source][Free]

Multimedia⏯️

Music & Radio Streaming🎧

• Added [Useful Link] for Revanced.

Video Editing🎞️

• Cleaned up some apps there, still need your help to decide which apps to keep or which to add.

Video Streaming🎬

• Added [Useful Link] for Revanced.
  • Added Xtra [Open Source][Free] and Jellyfin [Open Source][Free].

Animation🪄

• Added Planner 5D [Closed Source][Freemium].

News RSS & eBooks📰

• Added ReadYou [Open Source][Free].

Privacy & Security🛡️

Antivirus/Antimalwares🦠

• Added Hypatia [Open Source][Free].

Firewalls & AdBlockers⛔

• Added personalDNSfilter [Open Source][Free].
  • Changed the tag of AdGuard to [Closed Source][Freeware] since their Android app is not open source.

Privacy Tools🚫

• Added Permission Pilot [Open Source][Free].

Utilities & System🧰

Created new section File Cleaners 🧹
Miscellaneous🪛

• Cleaned up some duplicate apps or moved them to the proper sections.
  • Added System Power [Closed Source][Freeware][Root].

Productivity🧩

QR Code Scanners🤳

• Added Catima [Open Source][Free] and Binary Eye [Open Source][Free].

Note Taking🗒️

• Added Microsoft OneNote[Closed Source][Freeware] and Evernote [Closed Source][Freeware].

Calculators🧮

• Added Simple Calculator [Open Source][Free].

Weather☀️

• Changed the link of Today Weather to the new xda thread.

Last edited:

biontx

May 8, 2015
Hi,

I didn't had time to take a deep look to the app. Seems interesting app.

As far as I can see the app needs root for most of it's functions to work plus it's closed source. I would prefer to include apps that most of their functions work without the need of root and also be open source especially when it comes to "root", for security reasons since it has access to root privileges.

Also as a suggestion for your OP, it would be nice if you separated the Root with Non Root features, because I was kinda lost and confused when looking the features all together. So the user to find fast what non root features will get.

I've added the app in Utilities & System > Miscellaneous.

Thanks.

The Non Root and Root features are separated now :)

Please take a look and tell me what you think:
https://xdaforums.com/t/app-8-0-too...-simple-and-intuitive-user-interface.4248221/

ekrug88

Nov 26, 2022
Thank you very much, impressive work!
By the way, not sure if it is a fake alarm or not, but there seems to be something wrong with "DocScanner [Open Source][Free]: Document Scanner and PDF Creator app." from the Productivity 🧩 section under OCR (Document Scanners) 📜.

When clicking the link to open the github page, Bitdefender says there is some exploit in the files:

Untitled.png

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Thank you very much, impressive work!
By the way, not sure if it is a fake alarm or not, but there seems to be something wrong with "DocScanner [Open Source][Free]: Document Scanner and PDF Creator app." from the Productivity 🧩 section under OCR (Document Scanners) 📜.

When clicking the link to open the github page, Bitdefender says there is some exploit in the files:

View attachment 5771603
Hey,

I am pretty sure it's fault possitive with ur antivirus. How the GitHub can be infected? What kind of exploit did it saying? 🤔 Also the app seems pretty clean.
If you can use virustotal site and check.
I personally don't have any warn or something. If anyone else report the same I will take a deeper look.

If you are using Windows and u are casual user, use the default Windows Defender and also install Malwarebytes to scan things. I generally don't recommend third party antivirus unless you really don't know what u clicking or do a very "risky" surf in the internet 😆
Sorry that wasn't ur question but I just suggested it 😛

ekrug88

Nov 26, 2022
Hey,

I am pretty sure it's fault possitive with ur antivirus. How the GitHub can be infected? What kind of exploit did it saying? 🤔 Also the app seems pretty clean.
If you can use virustotal site and check.
I personally don't have any warn or something. If anyone else report the same I will take a deeper look.

If you are using Windows and u are casual user, use the default Windows Defender and also install Malwarebytes to scan things. I generally don't recommend third party antivirus unless you really don't know what u clicking or do a very "risky" surf in the internet 😆
Sorry that wasn't ur question but I just suggested it 😛

Hey man!

Oh yes, Windows casual user here. So Bitdefender says it is a "Exploit.CVE-2016-3714.Gen.3", listed on NVD as: https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2016-3714

Thanks again for your attention and have a great day ahead!

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Hey man!

Oh yes, Windows casual user here. So Bitdefender says it is a "Exploit.CVE-2016-3714.Gen.3", listed on NVD as: https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2016-3714

Thanks again for your attention and have a great day ahead!
Hhmm as I said it seems false positive.

I checked with virus total https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/...416c23e8e893f0fac56e4b9247e0c036ae2/detection and it's clean. Even ur antivirus marked it as clean 😝

If you find something else let me know 😋
Thanks a lot.

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L

Click here ☝️

So it's time to move on from Vanced to ReVanced!

I made this thread with Guides & Links, which you can follow to install ReVanced.
I personally use the Extended version from inotia00 as I find it more polished, bug free and complete. Also please, read the notes.

Last edited:

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Hi everyone, I'm JulianSantos. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I installed mod apk on my android 12 but don't know why it's not working. Is it because of my phone or the mod. Can anyone give me some advice because I don't know much about technology. Thank You!
Can you be more specific? Your post it's very general.
Which modded app you tried to install and not working? Which device/ROM you have?
What kind of error you getting?
Generally speaking stay away of modded apps if you don't know how they work or are shady.

Redaaku

Aug 1, 2011
Long Beach
Thanks for sharing! Would request you to add the LMT launcher app to the list, maybe in productivity or personalization(launchers) section. No matter what android version and phone I have used in the past 10 years, I have eventually installed this app. Might be useful for someone who has never heard of the pie launcher options in the LMT launcher app made by noname81.

Reactions: pocketrule

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
Thanks for sharing! Would request you to add the LMT launcher app to the list, maybe in productivity or personalization(launchers) section. No matter what android version and phone I have used in the past 10 years, I have eventually installed this app. Might be useful for someone who has never heard of the pie launcher options in the LMT launcher app made by noname81.
Hello,
I will take a look tomorrow and I will add it.
Thanks for your suggestion.

EDIT: Added at Utilities & System 🧰 > Miscellaneous 🪛 since I think it's a tool rather a launcher.

Last edited:

HemanthJabalpuri

Recognized Contributor
Here are the apps I use
Many of these apps may not be open source but majority(i.e., not all) of these are privacy friendly without any trackers. Red color apps *may* not be privacy friendy (cause of ads/unnecessary permissions/trackers), green are open source
Rich (BB code):
Archiver : ZArchiver
Browsers & Addons
 - Browsers : Fulguris, 1DM Browser
Custom Android
 - BCR (Basic Call Recorder)
Network
 - File Sharing: MiXplorer (using FTP, TCP and HTTP servers)
News RSS & eBooks
 - News : Flym
 - eBooks : MiXplorer with PDF Viewer Addon, Xodo
Privacy & Security
 - Password Managers: Personal Data Wallet
 - Firewalls: Karma Firewall
Utilities & System
 - Converters: Unit Converter Pro (by Elkens Software)
Multimedia
 - Audio
  - Music & Radio: AIMP, VLC
  - Music Tag Editors: Musicolet, MiXplorer with Tagger & AutoTag addons
 - Video
  - Media Players: Video Player KMP, MiXplorer with Codecs Addon
 - Image & Graphics
  - Image Editing: Photo Editor(by dev.macgyver)
Productivity
 - Office Tools: PDF Viewer Lite, Xodo
 - OCR: Microsoft Lens (Registration not needed and no ads)
 - Note Taking: PocketPlan
 - Keyboard: Multiling O Keyboard
 - Calculators: handyCalc, Realcalc, Mobi Calculator, Scientific Calculator(by CalcTastic), Mather(in FDroid), OnePlus Calculator(v2.1.74 from apkmirror)

- Misc apps: Diary(by Bill Farmer), QuickTiles (in FDroid), Randomix, Text Converter (izzyondroid)
- Code Editors: ACode, MiXplorer, NMM File Manager

Last edited:
Reactions: pocketrule

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia L
New Update: 16/12/2022 🗓️
Changelog: 📑

Guides👨‍🏫

Privacy and Security 🛡️

• Added more content on the guides.

Browsers & Addons🌍

Browsers🌍

• Added a Recommendation near Bromite, to change AdBlock filter list with Bromite Extended filter list from the filtrite project for better adblock and pop up blockings.

Communication & Social🗣️

Communication💬

• Added TeamSpeak [Closed Source][Freemium], Nekogram X [Open Source][Free], Zulip [Open Source][Freemium], Briar [Open Source][Free].

Custom Android🛠️

Added the sub-sections: Universal Android Debloater 🧹 and Minimal ADB and Fastboot 💻
GApps (Google Applications) & microG🤖

• Added mine Retrial-NikGApps package [Open Source][Free].
  • Added micoG Revived [Open Source][Free].

Download Managers & Torrent Clients⏬

• Added Popcorn Time [Open Source][Free]

Multimedia⏯️

Audio 🎵

Music Players 🎵

• Added Poweramp [Closed Source][Paid], Musicolet [Closed Source][Freemium], Pulsar Music Player [Closed Source][Freemium], Syphony [Open Source][Free], Omnia Music Player [Closed Source][Freemium], Oto Music [Closed Source][Freemium], GoneMAD [Closed Source][Paid], AIMP [Closed Source][Freeware], AIMP [Closed Source][Freeware].

Music & Radio Streaming🎧

• Added YouTube Music [Closed Source][Freeware].

Video📹

Video Streaming 🎬

• Added Popcorn Time [Open Source][Free].

Image & Graphics🖼️

Image Editing✂️
  • Added GIMP [Open Source][Free].

Privacy & Security🛡️

Password Managers & (2FA) Two-factor Authenticators 🔑

• Added a note at Bitwarden and KeePassDX, that can be used as TOTP too.

Privacy Tools🚫

• Added Exodus - Android Application near εxodus link, Warden [Open Source][Free][Root].

Utilities & System🧰

Hardware Monitoring ⚙️

• Added Franco Kernel Manager [Closed Source][Paid], SmartPack-Kernel Manager [Open Source][Free].

Backup 🗄️

• Added Swift Backup [Closed Source][Freemium][Optinal Root], Migrate [Open Source][Free][Root], Autosync - File Sync & Backup [Closed Source][Freemium][Paid].

Miscellaneous🪛

• Added Shizuku [Open Source][Free], Inure App Manager [Open Source][Free], App Manager [Open Source][Free], Warden [Open Source][Free][Root], Obtainium [Open Source][Free]. LMT Launcher [Closed Source][Freeware], AppWatcher [Open Source][Free].

Network👥

Remote Desktop🖥️

• Added TeamViewer [Closed Source][Freemium].

Productivity🧩

Office Tools📝

• Added QuickEdit [Closed Source][Freemium].

Note Taking🗒️

• Added NotiNotes [Open Source][Free].

Health & Productivty❤️

• Added Simpill [Open Source][Free], Did I Take My Meds? [Open Source][Free].

Gaming & Emulators🎮

Emulators🎮

• Added AetherSX2 [Closed Source][Freeware].

Don't forget to check: ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts