[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

jcase

Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Develo
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Hi, can someone please help me, already contacted suport to no help. Sunshine gives an unusual way error and thats it.
I have no support requests that I can link to your name, all the unanswered ones I have right now are from early this morning, and we are 2 hours into the work day here. If you submitted one prioer to that, please email me directly [email protected]

Reactions: Invicta

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Dear jcase! Isn't it time to make this utility cheaper for Motorola Droid Turbo? These phones are almost no longer alive...
Droid Turbo customers actually take a lot of support, with the time limitations I have now, I dont think I could do that. They tend to take 10x as much support than other users, mostly because of how the temp root works. I'd be more likely to entirely remove support at this point.

Maybe if I get more time, but im tied up at least a year here.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
just checking in here , is sunshine still available for the htc one m8?
i used it back in 2014 on my att m8 and am about to get another m8. thank you once again for this quite awesome mod.:cowboy:

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
uh one more "noob" Q ; can i "s-off" before unlocking bootloader , installing twrp , etc?
been a long time , old guy's memory aint what it used to be. and prob. never was. lol

huszi1

Nov 17, 2012
Hi anyone!

I would like to set my phone to s-off
On an older device, I successfully did it a few years ago with the sunshine app ($ 25 :))
My current device is HTC U11 (HTC_ocnuhl).
Bootloader unlocked (htcdev)
Rooted with magisk (rootchecker pass)
I Installed v3.5.54 Sunshine app, I had tryed run...
root check passed, pre-test passed
during a full compatibility test the application stops always (permanently)
What can I do, what the problem is?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Hi anyone!

I would like to set my phone to s-off
On an older device, I successfully did it a few years ago with the sunshine app ($ 25 :))
My current device is HTC U11 (HTC_ocnuhl).
Bootloader unlocked (htcdev)
Rooted with magisk (rootchecker pass)
I Installed v3.5.54 Sunshine app, I had tryed run...
root check passed, pre-test passed
during a full compatibility test the application stops always (permanently)
What can I do, what the problem is?

jvox111

Mar 2, 2020
Hi,

I have a weird problem and obviously i didn't read over 500 pages of thread so forgive me if someone ask that before.

I have an HTC One E9+ device. It's a spare device so i don't use it at all. There was Android 5.0.2 installed on it with factory settings but i unlock the bootloader via HTC website first and then i root it, installed a TWRP and wiped the phone to the bone for trying some ROM's, just for learn these things. But can't handle to install any mod or stock over adb command line or TWRP. I tried these below but i got an error message about zip fille cannot read or TWRP just restarts itself sometimes. But none of them works:

htc_one_e9+_pure_stock_twrp_1.41.401_10.zip

recovery_HTC_Europe_1.45.401.2.zip

firmware_OTA_A55ML_DTUL_L50_SENSE70_HTC_Europe_1.4 5.401.2.zip

I also tried to install Bindroid but same "cannot read" error happens.

I guess these errors related with S-ON thing. I saw the screen as "software: modified", "unlocked" and "htc_a55ml_dtul PVT S-ON" written. So the phone is not set as S-OFF right now.

As i understand correctly, your software Sunshine works only over an installed OS as apk file. Obviously i cannot run or install any apk because there's no operating system. Is there any way to use your exploit with computer connected "adb" or "fastboot" command line way?

Thanks.

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Correct it is an apk, requiring a working or at least bootable device. No sorry, nothing available from us for adb or fastboot.

Hi,

I have a weird problem and obviously i didn't read over 500 pages of thread so forgive me if someone ask that before.

I have an HTC One E9+ device. It's a spare device so i don't use it at all. There was Android 5.0.2 installed on it with factory settings but i unlock the bootloader via HTC website first and then i root it, installed a TWRP and wiped the phone to the bone for trying some ROM's, just for learn these things. But can't handle to install any mod or stock over adb command line or TWRP. I tried these below but i got an error message about zip fille cannot read or TWRP just restarts itself sometimes. But none of them works:

I guess these errors related with S-ON thing. I saw the screen as "software: modified", "unlocked" and "htc_a55ml_dtul PVT S-ON" written. So the phone is not set as S-OFF right now.

As i understand correctly, your software Sunshine works only over an installed OS as apk file. Obviously i cannot run or install any apk because there's no operating system. Is there any way to use your exploit with computer connected "adb" or "fastboot" command line way?

Thanks.

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
Hi,

Thanks.
If what you want is to restore your device to full stock I can't help you but I'll need more information from your bootloader, give me the output

In download mode:

fastboot getvar all

Also same command in bootloader mode

Give me the output in DM since this conversation is not related to sunshine at all

jvox111

Mar 2, 2020
If what you want is to restore your device to full stock I can't help you but I'll need more information from your bootloader, give me the output

In download mode:

fastboot getvar all

Also same command in bootloader mode

Give me the output in DM since this conversation is not related to sunshine at all
Thank you so much. I can't find the DM section of this forum so i sent a message to your Twitter account.

CyanRose

Jul 4, 2017
sunshine not works in my htc m9 viperrom

some other alternative to s-off try flashing with the sunshine with the htc m9 t-mobile with viperom not me works nor enter paypal appears as blocked page i need s-off i try with adb device and fastboot oem lock 0 for unlock s-off nope works i am need s-off for change radio for works the bands in my contruy

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
some other alternative to s-off try flashing with the sunshine with the htc m9 t-mobile with viperom not me works nor enter paypal appears as blocked page i need s-off i try with adb device and fastboot oem lock 0 for unlock s-off nope works i am need s-off for change radio for works the bands in my contruy
Paypal's android api is bonkers, and has been for a few months, it works for about 50% of people, paypal officially no longer supports it and claims it doesnt work at all.

You can submit a support ticket at http://therootninja.zendesk.com/ to get help.

tattare1987

Mar 18, 2017
Hi, I have a Moto G 2014 (titan) and I would like to install on it a custom recovery.
In order to do it I need to unlock the bootloader.
Unluckly SunShine failed the procedure of Temproot.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Hi, I have a Moto G 2014 (titan) and I would like to install on it a custom recovery.
In order to do it I need to unlock the bootloader.
Unluckly SunShine failed the procedure of Temproot.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
i bet somewhere in this thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g-2014/help/unlocking-bootloader-2020-t4115263
there lies your answer, maybe :).
and if you'll search the General Forums there are numerous threads ; Q & A , development , etc. dedicated to your device.
good luck , happy flashing & if it were me make a backup. [emoji3]

elpek

Mar 18, 2016
antalya
Droid Turbo customers actually take a lot of support, with the time limitations I have now, I dont think I could do that. They tend to take 10x as much support than other users, mostly because of how the temp root works. I'd be more likely to entirely remove support at this point.

Maybe if I get more time, but im tied up at least a year here.
Hi, I have a question that i also asked and sent to your sunshine - rootninja site but got no reply. Here is the problem.

I know it is a cold case but I need a solution. I recently bought a brand new verizon motorola droid turbo(xt 1254) on MCG24.251-5-5 firmware, android 6.0.1. (I like the phone and it was cheap). While trying to unlock bootloader, I use auto#initroot for temporary root( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...254-auto-initroot-tethered-jailbreak.3639316/ ) . It is okay, fastboot reboots. I followed the guide from ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...all-twrp-and-gain-root-access.3292684/page-42 ) Then while the phone is not connected to pc I try to run Sunshine app but it freezes and becomes unresponsive with a blank white screen. I found sunshine 3.2 version, Tried it, first it worked but after the first testing, it asked me to get the latest version and closed. So nothing...
I think there is an incompatibility somehow. Please can you tell me or find a solution. Thanks

Last edited: