[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
  • Yes I am guessing I'm trying to get you to flat out say. However you got emotional over that guess and tried to convince us that isn't possible. People steal from companies all the time and yes they might lose their jobs but they generally think they will go unnoticed and believe their a smooth criminal. I actually stay with that guess. If you need my device id you would have to match it with the right bin file or something that it has to match with to get a bootloader unlock token like on the moto g phones. So yes I do believe without evidence that is how it's done. You could prove me wrong and tell everyone how it's done.
    you can think what you want.. clearly spurce has found a way to take device DID and generate a token.. so whatever theories floats your boat lol.. you keep implying to show "proof" or "evidence" which the token itself is proof enough.. if u dont know how to look at one then thats on you lol. Theres no other proof to be provided if no one else knows how to make them.. if we knew how you think we'd need a "source"? it's not difficult to understand really.. ur just phishing for information that we dont have so ur wasting your time lol.

elliwigy

Staff member
    XDA App Taskforce
  • Because the idea you guys cracked the bootloader these days is like saying you walked on water or something.
    no one ever said we cracked the bootloader.. we didnt even crack the tokens.. our source did of which they dont share their secrets even to us.. they havent cracked the bootloader either.. generating tokensis not the same as "cracking the bootloader"

elliwigy

Staff member
    XDA App Taskforce
  • Being an open source developer myself, I agree with this. In the world of XDA, where people believe they should be able to do what *they* want with their hardware, these people are like 'oh well first give me $100', and it's just not right, I bet it works, and is absolutely amazing, but still, it's XDA, where people have been posting android development & rooting topics for YEARS, before I ever signed up for XDA, I was just browsing to find new cool things for my device, but now I cant do anything with it because crappy manufactures like Samsung lock their bootloader, make it IMPOSSIBLE to do, then these developers found a really cool exploit, but locking it behind a paywall, and I agree they should of given a guide, even if it was the hardest thing to do, even a GitHub with 0 documentation would work. I am skeptical of the 'inside source', 0 contact, don't even have telegram, etc. Huge red flag, I want to know where my money is going.
    Yea, i have posted and developed for a decade and still counting.. truth is if u want an easily unlocked device to "do ehat u want" usa models havent been the goto for years now.. this hasnt changed..

I dont understand how u guys want some github or instructions onhow to do something that we ourselves dont know how to do?

I bet if we just stopped providing services youd have a lot of angry ppl posting that we arent providing the service anymore..

if u purchase an unlock your money is gping to the source for your unlock token.. same as anything else you purchase online.

Reactions: mchief298

MateoK1000

Apr 28, 2021
    Bootloader Unlocked on my Samsung Galaxy S10 sm-973W (Canadian variant with Snapdragon chip) on Bootloader revision 4.

Thanks to Afaneh92 it was a great service and very well explained. Keep up with the good work :)(y)

Reactions: afaneh92

kodiak799

Jan 17, 2012
    Just an FYI if you unlock DO NOT update March 2021 firmware as it will relock your bootloader and you can't downgrade and there is currently no unlock solution for the v5 bootloader in that update.

Everything was working pretty good. I did this to myself - flashed the new firmware in Odin not realizing the issue as I unlocked a few months ago. It was not an OTA update that I accidentally took or updated automatically.

If you are thinking about unlocking, DO NOT take the March/April OTA updates.

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
    XDA App Taskforce
  • I just received my S21 Ultra and want to unlock it. The botloader is rev 2 and it has One UI 3.1. Am I able to unlock? I have the US version with Snapdragon
    to my knowledge unless afaneh has something different itsxnot possible yet but is being worked on.. only rev1 can be unlocked currently

Top Liked Posts

Would there be a possibility in the future or is Ice Bear out of luck?
      I hope its possible in near future.
      Bought this service to unlock my "new" S10 I bought off Swappa... turns out something was wrong with the steady partition or something that prevented this method from working. @afaneh92 helped me trying everything possible to try and fix it but no dice. A week and another used phone later, this method finally ended up working. Only had to pay to unlock one device, and afaneh92 was one of the most helpful people I've ever encountered on this site helping me along every step of the way. Was hesitant to use this service at first because of the ethics surrounding a paid rooting service for android (yuck) but I definitely got my money's worth and would recommend this to anyone if they want their North American Samsung devices unlocked, these guys are great. (y)
      @afaneh92 - Just wondering if there is any luck on unlocking v2? Still want the S21 Ultra but only if you can do an unlock. Cheers
      We are working on it. Not possible yet.
      I thought safety net was done months ago. How do you get safety net to pass? Yes it would be fine if after you pay when you update and it relocks your bootloader if they would unlock it again for free or maybe 20 dollars than it would be cool.
      Well I flashed a file for that on origin al firmware, but now I am running Sac23 ROM and it comes ready and updates are disabled. If you know what you are doing you will never update to V2.
      Bootloader v2 can't be unlocked yet but I'm pretty sure that for all of us that paid the premium price they will give us a discount. Of course I can not talk for them this is me hoping for this to happen 😅
      I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
      What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
      It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.
      Being an open source developer myself, I agree with this. In the world of XDA, where people believe they should be able to do what *they* want with their hardware, these people are like 'oh well first give me $100', and it's just not right, I bet it works, and is absolutely amazing, but still, it's XDA, where people have been posting android development & rooting topics for YEARS, before I ever signed up for XDA, I was just browsing to find new cool things for my device, but now I cant do anything with it because crappy manufactures like Samsung lock their bootloader, make it IMPOSSIBLE to do, then these developers found a really cool exploit, but locking it behind a paywall, and I agree they should of given a guide, even if it was the hardest thing to do, even a GitHub with 0 documentation would work. I am skeptical of the 'inside source', 0 contact, don't even have telegram, etc. Huge red flag, I want to know where my money is going.
      Would there be a possibility in the future or is Ice Bear out of luck?
      I hope its possible in near future.
      This thread is @svetius approved

NOTE: The One UI 3.1 bootloader (march security update and later) will bypass the unlock token, Do not update or bump your bootloader version. So If you ever take the update and you can downgrade go for it. And you will remains unlocked.
      un-samsung-lock.png

Description:
      This service will acquire you to unlock samsung bootloader. Allow you to flash custom firmwares, kernels and recoveries. This service will wipe the device entirely of all data, please remove your SD card, and backup all information that you may need, remove all accounts before service.
      This service supports all current models that require token to unlock bootloader (e.g. US/Canada A51, A71, S10, N10, S20, N20, Fold, Flip and Tab S, S21series.)
      DID is available on download mode or by ADB (adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.did) or by Android terminal (getprop ro.boot.em.did)
      Provide the DID that you’ve obtained from the device (PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT’S CORRECT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR BAD SUBMISSION)
      We will provide the token file once it’s available

FAQ:
      - This is a paid service and not provided by XDA.
      - Each device has it’s own DID and token.
      - You cannot flash unlock token 2 times, you get a single chance, Dont lose it by flashing combination token.
      - The token file will be available within 1–36 hours of order.
      - We will unlock the device remotely or you do it yourself.
      - To flash this token file yourself you will need a modified ODIN version.
      - USA/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle.
      - Knox will be tripped after a custom binary flash.
      - Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay will never work after root. Safetynet, Samsung Health and Secure folder could be fixed.
      - This is a permanent bootloader unlock. You can flash full stock firmware (with the same bootloader version) multiple times and bootloader remain unlocked.
      - Updating to 2021 march security update will bypass the unlock, don't update to higher bootloader version.

Disclaimers:
      Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock. Unlocking your SIM lock is at the discretion of your operator/carrier and is not part of the bootloader unlocking scope.

We strongly suggest that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved. This is a technical procedure and the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty. If you are still interested in unlocking the bootloader, and you understand the consequences both to your device and to your warranty, then you may refer to the following post where we have provided the unlocking instructions.
      Links:
      For more information here's my unlock channel and unlock group
      I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
      What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
      It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.

Lol there are multiple things incorrect in your post.

For one, early on my source was in China but have had my own USA source for months now.

Maybe there is an "inside source" maybe there isn't? I wouldn't know because obviously "sources" aren't going to divulge their secrets. I myself don't even know how they get the files, if they exploit something to generate them or if they have a legit "inside source" as you are calling it.

I am not trying to change anything. I have been on xda a decade now and have contributed many ways for "free" and continue to do so.

There also is no "guide" because only the sources know how they get it done.

Think about it, my source runs a bussiness where they provide other services. Why would they want to give up their secrets and essentially go out of bussiness? No company would do this in any type of business. I'm sure theres other reasons they have as well.

I am sure its not an "exclusivity" either as there are multiple ppl that can do it but typically it involves a "special" order that they don't normally do. That said if they only trust a few people then it is what it is. It's a cruel world sometimes.

Doing unlocks is like having another job at this point. I continue to provide the option because otherwise people wouldnt have the ability to do what they want with their device.

As far as you not wanting to purchase an unlock thats great, thats the best part of being free and making your own decisions. As far as you finding a way to unlock then I really hope you do but not to be a downer but myself and many other devs have been trying to do just that for years now and not one person has figured it out so good luck to you and heres to hoping you manage to do what many others have failed.

To add, this isn't really development so not sure what u mean by a "developers fee". Accusing someone of "profitting" or implying that we are taking advantage of people during a pandemic is just bogus. We are also in the same pandemic, whos to say we arent struggling also? There also wasnt a "whole lot" of developers for these devices to begin with because there was no option to unlock so in my opinion its actually drove development and has brought devs back.

Saying someone who provides a service is "unethical" and "for profit" and is a "disgrace" is in itself unethical especially when its baseless and only derived from your opinion on the subject.

Thats just my 2 cents.
      I can confirm it 100 percent works
      Can also confirm Afaneh is legit! Got my s20 + 5g (y2q) and Note 20 5g (c1q) both done by him!

Hes also has spent countless hours working on TWRP for many devices he does not even own !

Would not hesitate to do business with him again..
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone