• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

mikelikesbikes

Apr 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm
I finally was able to input these commands and I don't even see the option for software update anymore. I'll know at 2:00pm eastern today if software updates are completely disabled. That is the time I receive the reminder. Thank you. If for some reason I ever want OTA updates turned back on I just repeat the commands but replace disable with enable? Still hoping an unlock is achieved for V2 bootloader for the S20+. Thanks for your help with this.

Top Liked Posts

I may be tempted to grab one of the American Note 9 models (N960U or N960U1) to try this on. Seeing that the firmware seems to have stopped at Android 10 and OneUI 2.5, are there any restrictions on what firmware is needed for the bootloader unlock to work?
    Vouch vouch vouch!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a repair store in Kansas and a client of mine wanted their phone rooted today and only today as they leave tomorrow!
    Contacted him on this group on telegram and immediately got a response and got everything done in like 20min and he helped me answer my questions and also helped me get it rooted super fast after the bootloader was unlocked at no additional cost!

I appreciate you @afaneh92

I know that there's another person on here offering the same service and I haven't heard back from them yet and I messaged them 3 hours ago. afaneh92 offered me a cheaper and much faster service!!!!!!
    I may be tempted to grab one of the American Note 9 models (N960U or N960U1) to try this on. Seeing that the firmware seems to have stopped at Android 10 and OneUI 2.5, are there any restrictions on what firmware is needed for the bootloader unlock to work?
    V7 bootloader or below.
    I want to give my strong support and gratitude to the OP here. I had to do some initial downgrades to go through the process, but the result is a fully rooted SM-G981U1 which flies and has the benefit of access to T-Mobile's 5G bands. I had some concerns going in, but they were more than allayed by the business-like approach and helpful, patient guidance. It was clear to me that we weren't done until the phone was up and running which is a great feeling. I can only offer my full support and thanks for an exceptionally thorough and supportiven process. Worth every penny.
    V
    Dan... What is the latest build number you have that can be still bootloader unlocked... Right now my version is a 3...feb 2020...i want to update to latest build before bootloader unlocking... Is it the February 2021 the last version. Which is a v4. Thank you... I'm on Verizon.
    V4 is latest.
    S10+, 957U Verizon, just got a few days ago, was on v3 bootloader, I updated to latest v4, Feb 2021 security.. Last version that can still be unlocked. I started this process last night with OP, I had some hick ups on my part, finished this morning. Bootloader unlocked, Magisk and TWRP nstalled. None of this wouldn't of happened without OP's guidance. Answering my questions, helping me with my stupidity.... Definately worth it... Thanks a million.
    iS anybody working on this....I mean this thread is from February. It's almost 6 MONTHS later now...do I just consider this a lost cause?
    yes we still working on it
    Sorry. XDA doesn't send me emails when I get quoted anymore and I'm just seeing this. Glad afaneh92 helped you and you're up and running.
    Dan... What is the latest build number you have that can be still bootloader unlocked... Right now my version is a 3...feb 2020...i want to update to latest build before bootloader unlocking... Is it the February 2021 the last version. Which is a v4. Thank you... I'm on Verizon.
    This thread is @svetius approved

NOTE: The OneUI 3.1 bootloader (march security update and later) will bypass the unlock token, Do not update or bump your bootloader version. So If you ever take the update and you can downgrade go for it. And you will remains unlocked.
    NOTE2: Device Shipped with One UI 3.1 like S21 can be unlocked on V1 bootloader. A32, A43 and A52 5G with V1 & V2 bootloader.
    NOTE3: Im not a part of sampwnd so dont conflict between us.

un-samsung-lock.png

Description:
    This service will acquire you to unlock samsung bootloader. Allow you to flash custom firmwares, kernels and recoveries. This service will wipe the device entirely of all data, please remove your SD card, and backup all information that you may need, remove all accounts before service.
    This service supports all current models that require token to unlock bootloader (e.g. US/Canada A51, A71, A32, A42, A52, S9, N9, S10, N10, S20, N20, S21, Fold, Flip and Tab series.)
    DID is available on download mode or by ADB (adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.did) or by Android terminal (getprop ro.boot.em.did)
    Provide the DID that you’ve obtained from the device (PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT’S CORRECT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR BAD SUBMISSION)
    We will provide the token file once it’s available

FAQ:
    - This is a paid service and not provided by XDA.
    - Each device has it’s own DID and token.
    - You cannot flash unlock token 2 times, you get a single chance, Dont lose it by flashing combination token.
    - The token file will be available within 1–36 hours of order.
    - We will unlock the device remotely or you do it yourself.
    - To flash this token file yourself you will need a modified ODIN version.
    - USA/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle.
    - Knox will be tripped after a custom binary flash.
    - Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay will never work after root. Safetynet, Samsung Health and Secure folder could be fixed.
    - This is a permanent bootloader unlock. You can flash full stock firmware (with the same bootloader version) multiple times and bootloader remain unlocked.
    - Updating to 2021 march security update will bypass the unlock, don't update to higher bootloader version.

Disclaimers:
    Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock. Unlocking your SIM lock is at the discretion of your operator/carrier and is not part of the bootloader unlocking scope.

We strongly suggest that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved. This is a technical procedure and the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty. If you are still interested in unlocking the bootloader, and you understand the consequences both to your device and to your warranty, then you may refer to the following post where we have provided the unlocking instructions.
    Links:
    For more information here's my unlock channel and unlock group

List of supported devices:
    Galaxy Note 20 Ultra N986U, N986U1 and N986W.
    Galaxy Note 20 N981U, N981U1 and N981W.
    Galaxy S20 Ultra G988U, G988U1 and G988W.
    Galaxy S20 plus G986U, G986U1 and G986W.
    Galaxy S20 G981U, G981U1 and G981W.
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G G781U, G781U1 and G981W.
    Galaxy Note 10+ N975U, N975U1 and N975W.
    Galaxy Note 10 N970U, N970U1 and N970W.
    Galaxy S10 Lite G770U, G770U1 and G770W.
    Galaxy Note 10+ 5G N976U, N976U1, N976W and N976V.
    Galaxy S10 5G G977U, G977U1 and G977W.
    Galaxy S10+ G975U, G975U1 and G975W.
    Galaxy S10 G973U, G973U1 and G973W.
    Galaxy S10e G970U, G970U1 and G970W.
    Galaxy Note 9 N960U, N960U1, N960W.
    Galaxy S9+ G965U, G965U1 and G965W.
    Galaxy S9 G960U, G960U1 and G960W.
    Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T867U, SM-T867U1 and SM-T867W.
    Galaxy Tab S7 SM-T878U, SM-T878U1 and SM-T878W.
    Galaxy Tab S7+ SM-T978U, SM-T978U1 and SM-T978W.
    Galaxy A71 5G SM-A716U, SM-A716U1, SM-A716V and SM-A716W.
    Galaxy A51 A515U, A515U1, A515W, A515V and S515DL.
    Galaxy A51 5G A516U, A516U1, A516W and A516V.
    Galaxy S21 Ultra G998U, G998U1 and G998W.
    Galaxy S21+ G996U, G996U1 and G996W.
    Galaxy S21 G991U, G991U1 and G991W.
    Galaxy A32 5G A326U, A326U1 and A326W.
    Galaxy Tab Active Pro 10.1 SM-T547U, SM-T547U1 and SM-T547W.
    **More devices not in the list, Just ask me.
    I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
    What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
    It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.

Lol there are multiple things incorrect in your post.

For one, early on my source was in China but have had my own USA source for months now.

Maybe there is an "inside source" maybe there isn't? I wouldn't know because obviously "sources" aren't going to divulge their secrets. I myself don't even know how they get the files, if they exploit something to generate them or if they have a legit "inside source" as you are calling it.

I am not trying to change anything. I have been on xda a decade now and have contributed many ways for "free" and continue to do so.

There also is no "guide" because only the sources know how they get it done.

Think about it, my source runs a bussiness where they provide other services. Why would they want to give up their secrets and essentially go out of bussiness? No company would do this in any type of business. I'm sure theres other reasons they have as well.

I am sure its not an "exclusivity" either as there are multiple ppl that can do it but typically it involves a "special" order that they don't normally do. That said if they only trust a few people then it is what it is. It's a cruel world sometimes.

Doing unlocks is like having another job at this point. I continue to provide the option because otherwise people wouldnt have the ability to do what they want with their device.

As far as you not wanting to purchase an unlock thats great, thats the best part of being free and making your own decisions. As far as you finding a way to unlock then I really hope you do but not to be a downer but myself and many other devs have been trying to do just that for years now and not one person has figured it out so good luck to you and heres to hoping you manage to do what many others have failed.

To add, this isn't really development so not sure what u mean by a "developers fee". Accusing someone of "profitting" or implying that we are taking advantage of people during a pandemic is just bogus. We are also in the same pandemic, whos to say we arent struggling also? There also wasnt a "whole lot" of developers for these devices to begin with because there was no option to unlock so in my opinion its actually drove development and has brought devs back.

Saying someone who provides a service is "unethical" and "for profit" and is a "disgrace" is in itself unethical especially when its baseless and only derived from your opinion on the subject.

Thats just my 2 cents.
    I can confirm it 100 percent works
    This thread is @svetius approved
    View attachment 5181461

Description:
    This service will acquire you to unlock samsung bootloader. Allow you to flash custom firmwares, kernels and recoveries. This service will wipe the device entirely of all data, please remove your SD card, and backup all information that you may need, remove all accounts before service.
    This service supports all current models that require token to unlock bootloader (e.g. US/Canada S10, N10, S20, N20, Fold and Tab S series.)
    DID is available on download mode or by ADB (adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.did) or by Android terminal (getprop ro.boot.em.did)
    Provide the DID that you’ve obtained from the device (PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT’S CORRECT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR BAD SUBMISSION)
    We will provide the token file once it’s available

FAQ:
    - This is a paid service and not provided by XDA.
    - Each device has it’s own DID and token.
    - You cannot flash unlock token 2 times, you get a single chance, Dont lose it by flashing combination token.
    - The token file will be available within 1–36 hours of order.
    - We will unlock the device remotely or you do it yourself.
    - To flash this token file yourself you will need a modified ODIN version.
    - USA/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle.
    - Knox will be tripped after a custom binary flash.
    - Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay will never work after root. Safetynet, Samsung Health and Secure folder could be fixed.
    - This is a permanent bootloader unlock. You can flash full stock firmware multiple times and bootloader remain unlocked.

Disclaimers:
    Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock. Unlocking your SIM lock is at the discretion of your operator/carrier and is not part of the bootloader unlocking scope.

We strongly suggest that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved. This is a technical procedure and the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty. If you are still interested in unlocking the bootloader, and you understand the consequences both to your device and to your warranty, then you may refer to the following post where we have provided the unlocking instructions.
    Glad to be apart of this community! Hear me out.. This guy is the real deal.! Its been a long time since i have had an android, much less rooting it! Pleased to work with you and thanks for all the help! Could not ask for anything more..!