• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

sraenn

Sep 14, 2014
thumbs up from another satisfied customer, tmobile 256gb S21+ which i carrier unlocked first before rooting. took a couple phonecalls to tmobile since at first, the usual stuff wont work if its a phone you did not buy from them. no problems with rooting, flashed the bootloader from @afaneh92 then the all-in-one from jrkruse and ta da, pretty much the opposite of all the **** we had to do for the LG phones a few years ago.

i still remember how much it sucked using that engineering kernel root on S7 i think it was, back in the day. and once in a while it'd soft brick itself requiring reset. so awesome to have new current-model samsung with full root/magisk/twrp =D

before flashing the AIO, reboot phone once or twice more until in download mode it says KG = checking, instead of whatever else. reason why is cuz this is what jrkruse calls for in his post, and i didnt wanna find out the hard way what happens if you try to flash his file during any other condition.

twinkle1992

Nov 8, 2012
West Lafayette
Vouch vouch vouch!!!!!!!!!
I'm a repair store in Kansas and a client of mine wanted their phone rooted today and only today as they leave tomorrow!
Contacted him on this group on telegram and immediately got a response and got everything done in like 20min and he helped me answer my questions and also helped me get it rooted super fast after the bootloader was unlocked at no additional cost!

I appreciate you @afaneh92

Last edited:

twinkle1992

Nov 8, 2012
West Lafayette
I may be tempted to grab one of the American Note 9 models (N960U or N960U1) to try this on. Seeing that the firmware seems to have stopped at Android 10 and OneUI 2.5, are there any restrictions on what firmware is needed for the bootloader unlock to work?
Check the original posting for a telegram link to his group. They respond faster there and are super helpful!! :)

uwannabananababy

May 1, 2011
Up West, P.E.I.
Not nitpicking or anything, but in list of supported devices got bit confused trying to find my "G781W" model as I believe there's a typo. List says -----------------------------> Galaxy S20 FE 5G G781U, G781U1 and G981W. Totally bummed as mine shipped with G781WVLU3DUD9 & SECURITY PATCH dated 2021-05-01. Which after reading entire thread I gather is not unlockable "yet?"

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Not nitpicking or anything, but in list of supported devices got bit confused trying to find my "G781W" model as I believe there's a typo. List says -----------------------------> Galaxy S20 FE 5G G781U, G781U1 and G981W. Totally bummed as mine shipped with G781WVLU3DUD9 & SECURITY PATCH dated 2021-05-01. Which after reading entire thread I gather is not unlockable "yet?"
Thanks maybe it was written G981W by mistake. And true only v1 and v2 can be unlocked for now.

Reactions: uwannabananababy

JOSHSKORN

Oct 14, 2013
I'm actually just seeing this for the first time, I gave up hope long ago. I'm a SM-N960U T-Mobile USA user here and my phone is completely up to date. I read something about the March update on this thread and don't completely understand.

Will this bootloader unlock still work for me so I can root? If so, how can I get started?

Reactions: mikelikesbikes

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I'm actually just seeing this for the first time, I gave up hope long ago. I'm a SM-N960U T-Mobile USA user here and my phone is completely up to date. I read something about the March update on this thread and don't completely understand.

Will this bootloader unlock still work for me so I can root? If so, how can I get started?
v7 or below can be unlocked, v8 are on March security update and it bypass/prevent the unlock token.

Top Liked Posts