• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

darkpower_4

Nov 10, 2010
Can somebody link the newest version that still bootloader unlocks for Galaxy S9 sm-960u. I had to pull my old S9 out of the drawer for my son to use. It's on Android 9 still...

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Can somebody link the newest version that still bootloader unlocks for Galaxy S9 sm-960u. I had to pull my old S9 out of the drawer for my son to use. It's on Android 9 still...

Reactions: darkpower_4

darkpower_4

Nov 10, 2010
Last question. Is there custom ROMs available for it yet? I need to get the S9 dll driver for Odin. I am waiting for a new USB port to come from Amazon today so I can use Odin. If maybe a stable lineageOS is available I'd be happy to pay you. I'm sure I could slap it together myself when I have time. But I'd need to make sure the phone doesn't update while my son uses it in the mean time. Is there a script I can run to disable ota updates? It's been awhile using a Samsung (since s5 days) I'm on a pixel 4xl now! Thanks for everything btw! I'll pay for a extra beer in the transaction.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Last question. Is there custom ROMs available for it yet? I need to get the S9 dll driver for Odin. I am waiting for a new USB port to come from Amazon today so I can use Odin. If maybe a stable lineageOS is available I'd be happy to pay you. I'm sure I could slap it together myself when I have time. But I'd need to make sure the phone doesn't update while my son uses it in the mean time. Is there a script I can run to disable ota updates? It's been awhile using a Samsung (since s5 days) I'm on a pixel 4xl now! Thanks for everything btw! I'll pay for a extra beer in the transaction.
Contact me on telegram

Honestly I have researched various samsung licenses and have even purchased a number of them that are available (knox manage, knox mobile enrollment, knox configure, efota, even custom sdk) and not one of them has the ability to purchase or generate "tokens."

Believe it or not once upon a time (like maybe Note 7 days) Samsung had a lot of factories n such in places like China. During this time you could find just about anything. Lots ppl had gspn access and could get all sorts of stuff. Of course this was pre token days.

Fast forward a bit and Samsung actually shut a lot of its factories in foreign countries and cracked down on the leaks. Nowadays theres very few that have access and even then they usually dont "leak" anything anymore.

My point is, you cant just set up a "fake business" and purchase a license to generate tokens. In fact, samsung considera tokens and even combo firmware as "leaked" internal files.

I am sure there is a big vetting process before a company can even get to a point where they can purchase a license to generate these types of tokens of which they are very strict. Only big time well established companies have this sort of access because this level access (in their eyes) is only to be used for engineering purposes. I imagine big carriers maybe aces like asurion, the government etc. have a need for it.

Even some knox services you have tto apply then a samsung rep has to meet with you to discuss the application before they would even decide what level access you should have. Most small no name companies surely are denied.

Companies that get access to tools like Daseul would be nice but in all my years dealing with samsung and all sorts of sources ive not met one person with access to it. Even then its crazy money im sure just for a base license then they pay for each token.. or they buy a lot of tokens then when they run out they have to buy more.

But not sure if I implied it was done by a source in samsung but if I did I no longer feel that way. If that was the case then newer devices on latest oneui versions etc wouldnt matter and could be unlocked. Since they cant, that tells me its not an internal source but some sort of exploit. Either way, itd be nice if i knew hkw it was done but i dont. I have tried but its not my area of expertise.
You really don't know how it's done? I suppose I'm assuming but it's simply used for the phones to be fixed using factory binary. Makes the "please get approval to use factory binary" to stop appearing and allows the factory binary to be flashed (combination) but obviously since it opens up device for custom flashing...

So I'm guessing it's Samsung certified engineers/technicians so they can easily flash a combination. I've found quite a number of people with access to the etokens (for cheap) and they all use it for combinations and I think if root was brought up they might not sell the etoken.

I don't mean to be a d bag but I'm just a hobbyist and I know this. I thought your China source thing was pretty funny since the source comes in the chats sometimes and you look back in his posts and eventually find out who he is and where/what his business is. Which I've actually used for things not related to the etokens. Ak...Wi..?

ryanrodio

Aug 3, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21
This thread is @svetius approved

NOTE: The OneUI 3.1 bootloader (march security update and later) will bypass the unlock token, Do not update or bump your bootloader version. So If you ever take the update and you can downgrade go for it. And you will remains unlocked.
NOTE2: Device Shipped with One UI 3.1 like S21 can be unlocked on V1 bootloader. A32, A43 and A52 5G with V1 & V2 bootloader.
NOTE3: Im not a part of sampwnd so dont conflict between us.

View attachment 5181461

Description:
This service will acquire you to unlock samsung bootloader. Allow you to flash custom firmwares, kernels and recoveries. This service will wipe the device entirely of all data, please remove your SD card, and backup all information that you may need, remove all accounts before service.
This service supports all current models that require token to unlock bootloader (e.g. US/Canada A51, A71, A32, A42, A52, S9, N9, S10, N10, S20, N20, S21, Fold, Flip and Tab series.)
DID is available on download mode or by ADB (adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.did) or by Android terminal (getprop ro.boot.em.did)
Provide the DID that you’ve obtained from the device (PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT’S CORRECT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR BAD SUBMISSION)
We will provide the token file once it’s available

FAQ:
- This is a paid service and not provided by XDA.
- Each device has it’s own DID and token.
- You cannot flash unlock token 2 times, you get a single chance, Dont lose it by flashing combination token.
- The token file will be available within 1–36 hours of order.
- We will unlock the device remotely or you do it yourself.
- To flash this token file yourself you will need a modified ODIN version.
- USA/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle.
- Knox will be tripped after a custom binary flash.
- Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay will never work after root. Safetynet, Samsung Health and Secure folder could be fixed.
- This is a permanent bootloader unlock. You can flash full stock firmware (with the same bootloader version) multiple times and bootloader remain unlocked.
- Updating to 2021 march security update will bypass the unlock on most devices, don't update to higher bootloader version.

Disclaimers:
Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock. Unlocking your SIM lock is at the discretion of your operator/carrier and is not part of the bootloader unlocking scope.

We strongly suggest that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved. This is a technical procedure and the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty. If you are still interested in unlocking the bootloader, and you understand the consequences both to your device and to your warranty, then you may refer to the following post where we have provided the unlocking instructions.
I guess I'm screwed for now.

July patch. Boo. And I was able to talk TMO into a Sim unlock. 😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-092313_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-092313_Settings.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 43

Top Liked Posts