• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

iceplainsdweller

Sep 5, 2021
@afaneh92,

Since unlocking of V5 bootloader on S10 (Snapdragon, Canada) is not yet possible, I'm wondering if there is an indirect path to get what I need.

Note: I'm not interested in preserving Knox or warranty; I am intending to eventually flash Lineage OS and root the phone.

It is my understanding that some other markets also use Snapdragon but do not lock the bootloader (China/Hong Kong?). Could there be a path to first flash one of those firmwares, followed by OEM unlock then the firmware of my choosing?

I have tried this with several firmwares but Odin could not flash any of them due to the locked bootloader. I am hoping I only downloaded the wrong fw and it may still be possible.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
@afaneh92,

Since unlocking of V5 bootloader on S10 (Snapdragon, Canada) is not yet possible, I'm wondering if there is an indirect path to get what I need.

Note: I'm not interested in preserving Knox or warranty; I am intending to eventually flash Lineage OS and root the phone.

It is my understanding that some other markets also use Snapdragon but do not lock the bootloader (China/Hong Kong?). Could there be a path to first flash one of those firmwares, followed by OEM unlock then the firmware of my choosing?

I have tried this with several firmwares but Odin could not flash any of them due to the locked bootloader. I am hoping I only downloaded the wrong fw and it may still be possible.
Then buy HK device because its not possible to flash the firmware.

Reactions: iceplainsdweller

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Hello, been scanning pages...
I have sm-n960u1 with these build numbers
Possible to unlock bootloader through you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915-131720_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-131720_Settings.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 9

Top Liked Posts