• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

Steelplate

Sep 24, 2021
bootloader version must be 1 for both, 5th character from the right on build number.
Gotta get root for n986u1. All phones since my note3 have been rooted. Now that v2 bootloader is locked, is there a realistic chance that an unlocker will be developed? Is it just a matter of time where a solution is figured out?

Your effort is much appreciated

MrNegative370

Sep 19, 2012
Camarillo
Google Pixel XL
Why is the only option a non-refundable PAID service for unlocking the bootloader?

I thought the point of XDA was members publishing methods for doing this kind of thing? I've been an XDA member for years and this is the first time I've seen a thread like this where it's a paid service.
Its a in-demand service that has had hours of research and troubleshooting. Why wouldnt it cost something? Took effort to produce.

Thebacklash

Sep 17, 2021
Why is the only option a non-refundable PAID service for unlocking the bootloader?

I thought the point of XDA was members publishing methods for doing this kind of thing? I've been an XDA member for years and this is the first time I've seen a thread like this where it's a paid service.
Samsung screwed over US phone buyers by locking the phone down like they did.

The unlock costs money, cause they people unlocking the phones here... PAY to get the unique code to then SELL to you. Again due to Samsung.

Yes it's BS. But it's Samsung's fault we have to go down that path, not the two doing the unlocks for us.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012

Because people dont read.
The point of xda to publish methods? I cant publish something I dont know how it done.
If you know. then you publish it for us.

Steelplate

Sep 24, 2021

I'm reluctantly moving from a rooted Note 4 to an unrooted Note 20 because my carrier will not support the Note 4 any longer. I far prefer the rooted Note 4

Apparently, the members who are offering the root service have to pay for the unique codes from an anonymous source

I am happy to pay, and would be extremely grateful, for the effort of a gamer who can provide root service. XDA has provided numerous solutions for me thru the years

Reactions: afaneh92

futiless

Apr 4, 2012
Surrey
Looking at a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G. Before purchase can I use American snapdragon with this service to get equivalent bootloader unlock status to the Exenyos model? Thank you just need an update with 2021 protocol. Thanks

theoneslr

Jul 5, 2007
Have S20+ with this information.
Can I get root?
BaseBand Samsung S20+.jpg

Top Liked Posts