• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
In case you want to buy, 5th character from the right is bootloader version.
List of unlockable versions in 2nd post.
Right so I took another look at the list. It doesn't show the firmware baseband versions that can be unlocked. Just the models of device. This is becoming a chore to find a SM-G986U/U1 that can be BL unlocked. Seems all the devices are newer and updated on the market and sellers wont give me info on Ebay. Only that one seller from different site which was a updated device. I've already gone a week without a phone now since S5 G900V died. What do you suggest I do? Any good place elsewhere I can look? I've tried Swappa and Ebay seems like big corporations selling updated phones.

geoffwdixon

May 14, 2020
Hello can my bootloader be unlocked?
Screenshot_20211020-104022_Settings.jpg

tonycstech

Apr 17, 2014
This is sad.
While back, people would post their unlock methods here for everyone to use.
Now they sell it.

tonycstech

Apr 17, 2014
That explains why only a hand full of people know how to unlock it.
If they would tell the public how to unlock bootloaders, public would have already figured how to unlock bootloader v9
They cant unlock V9 so their paid service is useless for most people anyway and yet they keep it posted.

JLamp

May 9, 2009
Moto G Power (2021)
I've got a SM-A326W that I updated to V4 during the initial set up not realizing it would stop the bootloader from being unlocked. I have read your responses and understand that both unlocking or rolling back versions are not currently possible.

Will unlocking be possible eventually down the road at some point or is the phone permanently screwed?

I need to have my phone rooted and am wondering if I'm going to have to return the phone and get a different one or is it just a matter of waiting for a solution to be found?

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I've got a SM-A326W that I updated to V4 during the initial set up not realizing it would stop the bootloader from being unlocked. I have read your responses and understand that both unlocking or rolling back versions are not currently possible.

Will unlocking be possible eventually down the road at some point or is the phone permanently screwed?

I need to have my phone rooted and am wondering if I'm going to have to return the phone and get a different one or is it just a matter of waiting for a solution to be found?
Its been long time with no unlock for newer bootloaders. I would suggest to return it.

Reactions: JLamp

Top Liked Posts