[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

Marinewonder

Apr 2, 2020
I realize this thread is for US/Canada devices that don't have unlockable bootloader, and that newer baseband binary versions haven't been exploited.

But can anyone clarify if these type of exploits continue to work for global versions with unlockable bootloaders, such as SM-A715F, even if they have newer basebands like U8?

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I realize this thread is for US/Canada devices that don't have unlockable bootloader, and that newer baseband binary versions haven't been exploited.

But can anyone clarify if these type of exploits continue to work for global versions with unlockable bootloaders, such as SM-A715F, even if they have newer basebands like U8?
In your case I believe if its locked because of knox. Your device is not paid off. And I don't support it.

glitchsys

May 3, 2006
Sacramento
OK so I see as of a post on April 8th 2022 the USA Galaxy S22 (Plus, Ultra, etc.) with Snapdragon is not yet supported. Makes sense, the phone is very new and Samsung is also constantly playing games to try and stop this from happening, so I'm very grateful this service exists and that you guys are working on it potentially unlocking the S22. I just got an AT&T branded (I didn't have much choice) Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I can be patient for a BL unlock.

However, I don't want to "hurt" my chances of unlocking it in the future, so should I avoid / pass-up any and all future push upgrades just in case Samsung updates the bootloader version? What about SIM unlock, I was going to find a reputable service to get it SIM unlocked (it's a matter of principle, I don't like being told what I can and cannot do with my own phone), I'm 98% sure SIM unlocking it won't hurt any future plans to bootloader unlock it but I figured I'd ask.

I'm just trying to keep the phone in a "ready to be bootloader unlocked" state until you guys have something for it. Any recommendations on what to do and not to do to better my chances of getting it unlocked in the future? Also I'm fairly technical so if you need anything from my phone, like if you need me to adb into it to dd up some partition or something, let me know.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
OK so I see as of a post on April 8th 2022 the USA Galaxy S22 (Plus, Ultra, etc.) with Snapdragon is not yet supported. Makes sense, the phone is very new and Samsung is also constantly playing games to try and stop this from happening, so I'm very grateful this service exists and that you guys are working on it potentially unlocking the S22. I just got an AT&T branded (I didn't have much choice) Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I can be patient for a BL unlock.

However, I don't want to "hurt" my chances of unlocking it in the future, so should I avoid / pass-up any and all future push upgrades just in case Samsung updates the bootloader version? What about SIM unlock, I was going to find a reputable service to get it SIM unlocked (it's a matter of principle, I don't like being told what I can and cannot do with my own phone), I'm 98% sure SIM unlocking it won't hurt any future plans to bootloader unlock it but I figured I'd ask.

I'm just trying to keep the phone in a "ready to be bootloader unlocked" state until you guys have something for it. Any recommendations on what to do and not to do to better my chances of getting it unlocked in the future? Also I'm fairly technical so if you need anything from my phone, like if you need me to adb into it to dd up some partition or something, let me know.
I don't support sim unlock, and if you want to keep v1 bootloader in case there a chance to be unlocked

Dadshord2216

May 26, 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-024745_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-024745_Settings.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 92

ewy54

Jan 6, 2020
Hi. I need bootloader unlock for Samsung Galaxy s21 5g SM-G991U
Baseband version: G991USQU5CVCG

Top Liked Posts