[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
This gives me high hopes for the SM-516U even though i don't see the A51 on the list for twrp recovery. Those 2 models are almost the same with some key differences.
A51 is not the same as A71 or A71 5G
But A51 US has is same chip as A51 intl (A516F) version so same twrp can work.

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Oh that's right the A71 is the snapdragon.

The twrp i see is for the A515f. The A516 is a updated version of the chip. Can't seem to find A516F.

The 2 versions i see for the A51 series are

SM-515f (9611 exynos chipset)
SM-516U 5G (980 exynos chipset)

I believe there is a third one but that one is for verizon and it is a snapdragon.

Last edited:

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
@afaneh92 : this works for the Snapdragon-based Galaxy phones that weren't upgraded to a One UI 3.1 bootloader? Meaning, I could get a brand new S10, S20, S21 AT&T model on eBay and you'd be able to fully unlock the bootloader, and I could put on twrp, Magisk, root? I wonder if anyone would be producing ROM's to flash on the Snapdragon model as most are for Exynos? (The overpriced G977P was bootloader unlockable, but no one made custom ROMs.) Does it make sense to unlock the SIM/phone combo before the bootloader is unlocked? or after? Maybe there's a factory unlocked (SIM) AT&T model. Any 80% battery life issues (like in the development-signed bootloader)? Is signing of bootloaders still checked after unlock? Would these be unlockable: Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U - 128GB ? Galaxy S10e SM-G970U - 128GB ?

I'm still using an S5 (TMo) to run Android 11. Maybe this could be the change that I've been waiting for. I'm trying to avoid the Exynos models because their bands might not work well in the US and I don't really need 5G either.

Last edited:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
@afaneh92 : this works for the Snapdragon-based Galaxy phones that weren't upgraded to a One UI 3.1 bootloader? Meaning, I could get a brand new S10, S20, S21 AT&T model on eBay and you'd be able to fully unlock the bootloader, and I could put on twrp, Magisk, root? I wonder if anyone would be producing ROM's to flash on the Snapdragon model as most are for Exynos? (The overpriced G977P was bootloader unlockable, but no one made custom ROMs.) Does it make sense to unlock the SIM/phone combo before the bootloader is unlocked? or after? Maybe there's a factory unlocked (SIM) AT&T model. Any 80% battery life issues (like in the development-signed bootloader)? Is signing of bootloaders still checked after unlock? Would these be unlockable: Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U - 128GB ? Galaxy S10e SM-G970U - 128GB ?

I'm still using an S5 (TMo) to run Android 11. Maybe this could be the change that I've been waiting for. I'm trying to avoid the Exynos models because their bands might not work well in the US and I don't really need 5G either.
Hello, most your answers are in OP, short answer is 2021 device as S21 are fine to unlock on oneui 3.1, pre 2021 device need to downgrade to oneui 3.0 to restore unlock capabilities.
And yes its better to unlock carrier first tgen bootloader and I dont offer carrier unlock.
Bootloader check can be bypassed using third party tools like magisk modules or smali editing.

ttesty

Dec 17, 2010
Hello, most your answers are in OP, short answer is 2021 device as S21 are fine to unlock on oneui 3.1, pre 2021 device need to downgrade to oneui 3.0 to restore unlock capabilities.
And yes its better to unlock carrier first tgen bootloader and I dont offer carrier unlock.
Bootloader check can be bypassed using third party tools like magisk modules or smali editing.

Hi. Thanks. I'm still using an S5 running the latest Android 11 with Magisk, TWRP, so I'm a bit out of the know on the newer devices (I was avoiding them for so long because of the locked bootloader, lack of buttons, lack of jacks, lack of removable battery). Are you then saying that for a Snapdragon S10, S10e, I would need to downgrade to OneUI 3.0? Assuming that's possible for those devices when obtained as new? Is that like flashing another stock ROM in ODIN that has OneUI 3.0? Again, I'm not sure if there will be custom ROM dev for Snapdragon, so I would basically get root on a stock ROM designed for the US - great - but my preference is custom ROM's. But they're mostly Exynos now. Any further insight would be great. I would like to get a S10, S10e and try your service. I'm fine getting DID info etc.. I think the closest new device to my S5 is a 10e (no curved screen).

Last edited:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Hi. Thanks. I'm still using an S5 running the latest Android 11 with Magisk, TWRP, so I'm a bit out of the know on the newer devices (I was avoiding them for so long because of the locked bootloader, lack of buttons, lack of jacks, lack of removable battery). Are you then saying that for a Snapdragon S10, S10e, I would need to downgrade to OneUI 3.0? Assuming that's possible for those devices when obtained as new? Is that like flashing another stock ROM in ODIN that has OneUI 3.0? Again, I'm not sure if there will be custom ROM dev for Snapdragon, so I would basically get root on a stock ROM designed for the US - great - but my preference is custom ROM's. But they're mostly Exynos now. Any further insight would be great. I would like to get a S10, S10e and try your service. I'm fine getting DID info etc.. I think the closest new device to my S5 is a 10e (no curved screen).
I have S10 myself, we didnt received oneui 3.1 yet so I cant confirm.
But you can downgrade anytime to any firmware with same bootloader version.
And yes we have custom roms and lineageos builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
    What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
    It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.

Lol there are multiple things incorrect in your post.

For one, early on my source was in China but have had my own USA source for months now.

Maybe there is an "inside source" maybe there isn't? I wouldn't know because obviously "sources" aren't going to divulge their secrets. I myself don't even know how they get the files, if they exploit something to generate them or if they have a legit "inside source" as you are calling it.

I am not trying to change anything. I have been on xda a decade now and have contributed many ways for "free" and continue to do so.

There also is no "guide" because only the sources know how they get it done.

Think about it, my source runs a bussiness where they provide other services. Why would they want to give up their secrets and essentially go out of bussiness? No company would do this in any type of business. I'm sure theres other reasons they have as well.

I am sure its not an "exclusivity" either as there are multiple ppl that can do it but typically it involves a "special" order that they don't normally do. That said if they only trust a few people then it is what it is. It's a cruel world sometimes.

Doing unlocks is like having another job at this point. I continue to provide the option because otherwise people wouldnt have the ability to do what they want with their device.

As far as you not wanting to purchase an unlock thats great, thats the best part of being free and making your own decisions. As far as you finding a way to unlock then I really hope you do but not to be a downer but myself and many other devs have been trying to do just that for years now and not one person has figured it out so good luck to you and heres to hoping you manage to do what many others have failed.

To add, this isn't really development so not sure what u mean by a "developers fee". Accusing someone of "profitting" or implying that we are taking advantage of people during a pandemic is just bogus. We are also in the same pandemic, whos to say we arent struggling also? There also wasnt a "whole lot" of developers for these devices to begin with because there was no option to unlock so in my opinion its actually drove development and has brought devs back.

Saying someone who provides a service is "unethical" and "for profit" and is a "disgrace" is in itself unethical especially when its baseless and only derived from your opinion on the subject.

Thats just my 2 cents.
    This post is off the current topic being debated/discussed in the thread but not the OP. I want to post my experience with this BL unlock service for anyone still looking for info or on the fence about the service as well as to pay respect to afaneh92.

I could not be any happier. There is nothing sketchy about this UNSAMLOCK service or SamPWND another provider of unlock tokens both of them have been very translucent about the service and why they are choosing to provide it. afaneh92 the provider of UNSAMLOCK was ninja fast in every exchange I have had with him being more than friendly and fully extending himself for any help needed present and future. I paid for my BL unlock token and within 20 mins at best had a message asking if I was ready to go. I wasn't and was a bit thrown by the rapid availability thinking he possibly messaged the wrong guy by mistake. Nope, he had that token for me and so fast I was shocked. I was expecting at least a days wait on it so I had yet to back everything up properly. I chose to flash myself and was instantly provided with the files needed as well as clear instructions and extended the offer of any help I needed from there. I was BL unlocked and with the help of XDA OG Jkruse providing his AIO files I was also rooted with TWRP in minutes. Thank you Jkruse for the aforementioned files.

Thank you afaneh92 for UNSAMLOCK and the amazing responsiveness as well as the genuinely friendly, easy going communication. Being offered any additional help I may need in the future with an invite to the dev discord was all icing on the cake. Due to it being a paid service I expected to pay, receive my unlock and that'd be it. I was pleasantly surprised that it was far more personal and included such extensive support if or when needed. This for me was much more XDA like and in line with my experiences with XDA in days long long past which has been a nice trip down memory lane. I never expected to have another newish Samsung Flagship device in my hands yet here I am. It feels even better now after being locked out by the last string of Samsung notes and S models I've had for so many years now.

Thanks afaneh92 it has been a pleasure working with you.
    Well as far as a 1 time fee goes, yeah that cool for now because they are the only ones who can give us access to the unlock token for now
    I'm not sure if the general public will even be able to get this unlock token without having an inside source... Samsung seems to have it on a lock and chain and thats it
    I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
    What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
    It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.
    Bought this service to unlock my "new" S10 I bought off Swappa... turns out something was wrong with the steady partition or something that prevented this method from working. @afaneh92 helped me trying everything possible to try and fix it but no dice. A week and another used phone later, this method finally ended up working. Only had to pay to unlock one device, and afaneh92 was one of the most helpful people I've ever encountered on this site helping me along every step of the way. Was hesitant to use this service at first because of the ethics surrounding a paid rooting service for android (yuck) but I definitely got my money's worth and would recommend this to anyone if they want their North American Samsung devices unlocked, these guys are great. (y)
    Its very easy to modify system once you are rooted.. Key is to have disabled verity/vbmeta.. but either way best is to edit system/super partition.. its quite easy.. you take super.img then run simg2img on it to get raw super instead of sparse then you can use lpunpack to get system vendor product odm images to edit then can use lpmake or similar to pack back into super.img
    This thread is @svetius approved

NOTE: The One UI 3.1 bootloader (march security update and later) will bypass the unlock token, Do not update or bump your bootloader version. So If you ever take the update and you can downgrade go for it. And you will remains unlocked.
    un-samsung-lock.png

Description:
    This service will acquire you to unlock samsung bootloader. Allow you to flash custom firmwares, kernels and recoveries. This service will wipe the device entirely of all data, please remove your SD card, and backup all information that you may need, remove all accounts before service.
    This service supports all current models that require token to unlock bootloader (e.g. US/Canada A51, A71, S10, N10, S20, N20, Fold, Flip and Tab S, S21series.)
    DID is available on download mode or by ADB (adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.did) or by Android terminal (getprop ro.boot.em.did)
    Provide the DID that you’ve obtained from the device (PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT’S CORRECT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR BAD SUBMISSION)
    We will provide the token file once it’s available

FAQ:
    - This is a paid service and not provided by XDA.
    - Each device has it’s own DID and token.
    - You cannot flash unlock token 2 times, you get a single chance, Dont lose it by flashing combination token.
    - The token file will be available within 1–36 hours of order.
    - We will unlock the device remotely or you do it yourself.
    - To flash this token file yourself you will need a modified ODIN version.
    - USA/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle.
    - Knox will be tripped after a custom binary flash.
    - Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay will never work after root. Safetynet, Samsung Health and Secure folder could be fixed.
    - This is a permanent bootloader unlock. You can flash full stock firmware (with the same bootloader version) multiple times and bootloader remain unlocked.
    - Updating to 2021 march security update will bypass the unlock, don't update to higher bootloader version.

Disclaimers:
    Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock. Unlocking your SIM lock is at the discretion of your operator/carrier and is not part of the bootloader unlocking scope.

We strongly suggest that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved. This is a technical procedure and the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty. If you are still interested in unlocking the bootloader, and you understand the consequences both to your device and to your warranty, then you may refer to the following post where we have provided the unlocking instructions.
    Links:
    For more information here's my unlock channel and unlock group

Lol there are multiple things incorrect in your post.

For one, early on my source was in China but have had my own USA source for months now.

Maybe there is an "inside source" maybe there isn't? I wouldn't know because obviously "sources" aren't going to divulge their secrets. I myself don't even know how they get the files, if they exploit something to generate them or if they have a legit "inside source" as you are calling it.

I am not trying to change anything. I have been on xda a decade now and have contributed many ways for "free" and continue to do so.

There also is no "guide" because only the sources know how they get it done.

Think about it, my source runs a bussiness where they provide other services. Why would they want to give up their secrets and essentially go out of bussiness? No company would do this in any type of business. I'm sure theres other reasons they have as well.

I am sure its not an "exclusivity" either as there are multiple ppl that can do it but typically it involves a "special" order that they don't normally do. That said if they only trust a few people then it is what it is. It's a cruel world sometimes.

Doing unlocks is like having another job at this point. I continue to provide the option because otherwise people wouldnt have the ability to do what they want with their device.

As far as you not wanting to purchase an unlock thats great, thats the best part of being free and making your own decisions. As far as you finding a way to unlock then I really hope you do but not to be a downer but myself and many other devs have been trying to do just that for years now and not one person has figured it out so good luck to you and heres to hoping you manage to do what many others have failed.

To add, this isn't really development so not sure what u mean by a "developers fee". Accusing someone of "profitting" or implying that we are taking advantage of people during a pandemic is just bogus. We are also in the same pandemic, whos to say we arent struggling also? There also wasnt a "whole lot" of developers for these devices to begin with because there was no option to unlock so in my opinion its actually drove development and has brought devs back.

Saying someone who provides a service is "unethical" and "for profit" and is a "disgrace" is in itself unethical especially when its baseless and only derived from your opinion on the subject.

Thats just my 2 cents.
    I can confirm it 100 percent works
    Do you think s21 will be ready soon ?
    Still working on it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone