[CLOSED][Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JazonX

Hey Afaneh,
Can you generate a token to flash a combination file to a Watch ?

Model - SM-R910 (Gear Watch 5 - Bluetooth)

I need to just change the CSC code. I have the full firmware, Combination firmware and netodin.
Combination file flash fails saying factory not allowed.

Reactions: adfree

Coolieo2019

Mar 30, 2019
Stockton
I have recently got a Verizon S10+ as a replacement phone because my other phone died. So I want to root it but it is up to date and has the latest filwmare on it. I have heard that you can't downgrade more than a couple updates because it will bootloader. Is there any possible way to root this device?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221124-111305_DevCheck.jpg
    Screenshot_20221124-111305_DevCheck.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20221124-111230_DevCheck.jpg
    Screenshot_20221124-111230_DevCheck.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 47

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
Hey Afaneh,
Can you generate a token to flash a combination file to a Watch ?

Model - SM-R910 (Gear Watch 5 - Bluetooth)

I need to just change the CSC code. I have the full firmware, Combination firmware and netodin.
Combination file flash fails saying factory not allowed.
Yes, but you can change csc without combination. Try samfw.com tool.
Otherwise contact me.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I have recently got a Verizon S10+ as a replacement phone because my other phone died. So I want to root it but it is up to date and has the latest filwmare on it. I have heard that you can't downgrade more than a couple updates because it will bootloader. Is there any possible way to root this device?
No luck. As you said no way to downgrade.

JazonX

Yes, but you can change csc without combination. Try samfw.com tool.
Otherwise contact me.

This watch connects over wireless ADB as it doesn't have physical USB Port (Unless you open and solder it).
The SamFw tool cannot pinpoint an ADB IP and connect to it, so the tool keeps reporting no device found.

Would you have any ideas?

I just got this watch, and Im sure many are looking for it as I see multiple threads on changing Wear OS CSC, but no conclusion.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
This watch connects over wireless ADB as it doesn't have physical USB Port (Unless you open and solder it).
The SamFw tool cannot pinpoint an ADB IP and connect to it, so the tool keeps reporting no device found.

Would you have any ideas?

I just got this watch, and Im sure many are looking for it as I see multiple threads on changing Wear OS CSC, but no conclusion.
You can change it with root

root_this_droid

Nov 24, 2022
Hi. I have a Galaxy Note20 5G that has never been turned on:
SM-N981U
OS.VER: Android Version 10
AT&T
SW-VER: N981USQU1ATH3

I see some posts online claiming that since this is v1 bootloader I should be able to unlock the bootloader under Developer Options \ OEM Unlock.

Can you confirm if this is true? I would like to be able to unlock and use with any carrier and install a different ROM, ideally LineageOS. Can you tell me if this is possible? In the event I have to provide my DID# and get an unlock code from you how much will it cost USD?

Thanks for everything you do!

johnn.

Oct 29, 2021
On my case, the board was dead. So I ordered 2 because I was having 2 devices with dead boards

Hi. I have a Galaxy Note20 5G that has never been turned on:
SM-N981U
OS.VER: Android Version 10
AT&T
SW-VER: N981USQU1ATH3

I see some posts online claiming that since this is v1 bootloader I should be able to unlock the bootloader under Developer Options \ OEM Unlock.

Can you confirm if this is true? I would like to be able to unlock and use with any carrier and install a different ROM, ideally LineageOS. Can you tell me if this is possible? In the event I have to provide my DID# and get an unlock code from you how much will it cost USD?

Thanks for everything you do!
As per @afaneh92 post 2. You can buy a token from him to unlock the bootloader on v1. I don't think it can be found in developer options though.

The price is 90usd.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22

A

But this is still unsolved with normal connection over WiFi... and use with netOdin

I can only root GW4 with USB connection and Odin Tool.

NOT with netOdin...

B

Rumour, as not tested self...
Maybe emToken with netOdin could also fail... as lower Security with USB cable + Odin required...
So steady.bin maybe not allowed via s h itty Recovery Security...

C

For GW5 not confirmed... if USB Pinout same like we know from GW4:

D

I have

D:\Android\ADB>adb shell getprop ro.boot.warranty_bit

So no idea if I can use steady with my DID...

Or this magic require untouched Knox 0

Maybe you can help us. Please.

E

Really sorry I can not remember where I take the requested text snipped...

I searched nearly all my PCs HDDs ... several TB...

Damn Alzheimer

Best Regards

JazonX

This is my only patch as I see. To get to efs folder and mod the files.

However root has been tricky on the watches;

Unlocked bootloader. Easy, Its a menu option and rebooted after a wipe.

First I patched AP.tar and tried to flash it, No go - I get a secure boot fail error.
Then I isolated vbmeta.img (The patched one) and flashed it separately. It went fine, rebooted, and tried to flash the patched boot image - still failing and watch automatically reboots only to download mode.

Not sure hot to get this thing rooted as our usual S21 / S22 ways aren't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts