[Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Search This thread

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Sorta.. they arent mounted during flash.. super.img is flashed then logical partitons are mounted on each boot.. and yes.. they are labeled as dm devices when device is booted up.. it is called dynamic or logical partitions

and yes, system is not as picky as say vendor is and I am aware devices use system as root. you can read up on google about it lol.. theres other ways to edit it than mounting the dm devices such as making a modified super img or using fastbootd or even twrp etc.
I know i skipped 8 and 9 and sar at one point was no ramdisk in boot which made rooting challenging. I remember downloading firmware where there was boot, recovery, system, vendor, product etc at one point but never owned those early sar devices yet only read documentation about it. From what i am seeing now, super is a game changer from what it seems and also brings back some tradition of android (sorta lol) which is ramdisk in boot. I agree that these rapid changes google does can be quite to understand. I guess the question i should ask what version of sar is my device or 2020-2021 devices? Lol.

Last edited:

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020
Well as far as a 1 time fee goes, yeah that cool for now because they are the only ones who can give us access to the unlock token for now
I'm not sure if the general public will even be able to get this unlock token without having an inside source... Samsung seems to have it on a lock and chain and thats it
I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I can tell you now that there is no "inside source", this is all profit for these 2 developers. It's stated by the 2 developers, and for perfectly understandable, yet unethical reasons that their source is a guy in China (a country of over 1.5 billion people), who has a connection to Samsung and is selling to these 2 developers exclusively, who are then in turn "doing us a favor" by being the middle-man in a transaction with this anonymous guy.
What if they told everyone: "Hey we have figured out the bootloader unlock, but instead of following XDA tradition and sharing a guide, we are going to charge everyone else a hefty fee during these turbulent times while everyone is struggling and stuck at home.".

Everyone would go wild and they'd be hated, because they're charging a Developer's Tax, and impeding a whole load of other talented Developers from gaining the motivation to develop for a phone that most people won't unlock the bootloader for; probably due to the shortage of funds and lack of jobs from the virus.
It's a sad thing honestly, and I for one can live with a locked bootloader until I've found a way to unlock it myself. Anyone who pays for the unlock is supporting a transition to a new era of XDA that steers far away from what we all came to know and love.

Most importantly, it's a slap in the face to the world of free and opensource technology, and a disgrace to those who have worked so hard to maintain the transparency these two are taking the lead in destroying; something which money can do very, very fast. There is a chance one of them will reply to this, and all I have to say is that once again, it's just to cover their ass so that they can be loved, and still line their pockets with the cash of those they're lying to. Anyways, I doubt XDA would even allow it unless the lie was present, because this isn't a marketplace.

Lol there are multiple things incorrect in your post.

For one, early on my source was in China but have had my own USA source for months now.

Maybe there is an "inside source" maybe there isn't? I wouldn't know because obviously "sources" aren't going to divulge their secrets. I myself don't even know how they get the files, if they exploit something to generate them or if they have a legit "inside source" as you are calling it.

I am not trying to change anything. I have been on xda a decade now and have contributed many ways for "free" and continue to do so.

There also is no "guide" because only the sources know how they get it done.

Think about it, my source runs a bussiness where they provide other services. Why would they want to give up their secrets and essentially go out of bussiness? No company would do this in any type of business. I'm sure theres other reasons they have as well.

I am sure its not an "exclusivity" either as there are multiple ppl that can do it but typically it involves a "special" order that they don't normally do. That said if they only trust a few people then it is what it is. It's a cruel world sometimes.

Doing unlocks is like having another job at this point. I continue to provide the option because otherwise people wouldnt have the ability to do what they want with their device.

As far as you not wanting to purchase an unlock thats great, thats the best part of being free and making your own decisions. As far as you finding a way to unlock then I really hope you do but not to be a downer but myself and many other devs have been trying to do just that for years now and not one person has figured it out so good luck to you and heres to hoping you manage to do what many others have failed.

To add, this isn't really development so not sure what u mean by a "developers fee". Accusing someone of "profitting" or implying that we are taking advantage of people during a pandemic is just bogus. We are also in the same pandemic, whos to say we arent struggling also? There also wasnt a "whole lot" of developers for these devices to begin with because there was no option to unlock so in my opinion its actually drove development and has brought devs back.

Saying someone who provides a service is "unethical" and "for profit" and is a "disgrace" is in itself unethical especially when its baseless and only derived from your opinion on the subject.

Thats just my 2 cents.

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Ever since the removal of oem unlock is what killed the custom rom community. I am very happy that we can at least have root with these guys, yet alone a twrp on our samsung devices. Samsung really does know how to take the fun out of things. 👎👎

Reactions: Techguy777

dtr85

Mar 30, 2021
This guy provides first class service. I have contacted him literally at all hours of the night and his replies have never been more than 10 or 20 minutes away. Helped me far and beyond what the service specified. Highly recommend.

Reactions: DroidJP

Techguy777

Yes its better than no bootloader unlock. I agree its nice but to charge someone 150 dollars or whatever to unlock their bootloader everytime is crazy. If when you updated they would unlock it again for free I would say ok. Or if it stayed unlocked. Me personally Id just buy the international version your talking just a small bit of difference. On 5nm chip its still fast and decent on power.

DroidJP

Mar 6, 2014
Yes its better than no bootloader unlock. I agree its nice but to charge someone 150 dollars or whatever to unlock their bootloader everytime is crazy. If when you updated they would unlock it again for free I would say ok. Or if it stayed unlocked. Me personally Id just buy the international version your talking just a small bit of difference. On 5nm chip its still fast and decent on power.
I heard even that may be coming to an end. Carriers like AT&T are cracking down on international version. That if A customer buys a international version B AT&T will suspend your account. I am going off based from that one user. Glad i am not with AT&T. Wouldn't be surprised if U.S carriers starts cracking down on this in the near future though.

Their motto here in the U.S will soon be like BYOD just as long as it is not international lol.

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020

For one, early on my source was in China but have had my own USA source for months now.

Maybe there is an "inside source" maybe there isn't? I wouldn't know because obviously "sources" aren't going to divulge their secrets. I myself don't even know how they get the files, if they exploit something to generate them or if they have a legit "inside source" as you are calling it.

I am not trying to change anything. I have been on xda a decade now and have contributed many ways for "free" and continue to do so.

Think about it, my source runs a bussiness where they provide other services. Why would they want to give up their secrets and essentially go out of bussiness? No company would do this in any type of business. I'm sure theres other reasons they have as well.

I am sure its not an "exclusivity" either as there are multiple ppl that can do it but typically it involves a "special" order that they don't normally do. That said if they only trust a few people then it is what it is. It's a cruel world sometimes.

Doing unlocks is like having another job at this point. I continue to provide the option because otherwise people wouldnt have the ability to do what they want with their device.

As far as you not wanting to purchase an unlock thats great, thats the best part of being free and making your own decisions. As far as you finding a way to unlock then I really hope you do but not to be a downer but myself and many other devs have been trying to do just that for years now and not one person has figured it out so good luck to you and heres to hoping you manage to do what many others have failed.

To add, this isn't really development so not sure what u mean by a "developers fee". Accusing someone of "profitting" or implying that we are taking advantage of people during a pandemic is just bogus. We are also in the same pandemic, whos to say we arent struggling also? There also wasnt a "whole lot" of developers for these devices to begin with because there was no option to unlock so in my opinion its actually drove development and has brought devs back.

Saying someone who provides a service is "unethical" and "for profit" and is a "disgrace" is in itself unethical especially when its baseless and only derived from your opinion on the subject.

Thats just my 2 cents.
Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my post, as you seem to be quite an agreeable person with the way you fashioned your response. I do realize that everyone as a whole is going through this pandemic, and did not exclude you from that struggle, I just categorized you (perhaps unfairly) into a group of those who are able to continue to thrive during this time by means I highlighted in my initial post; though I have to admit it was unfair of me to assume it was in the ballpark of taking advantage. I do want to reiterate that I probably was way too harsh in my post, and should've gone about disagreeing with you in a more tame matter, so I sincerely apologize for that.

I was actually in the market to buy a bootloader unlock from you back when I had my S10+ until I discovered during my last few weeks with it that it was possible to unlock the bootloader without the "anonymous source" who had the supposed inside connection to Samsung servers. Once I had discovered this it drew up a lot of resentment for all the things I had seen you say back when that anonymous source was your provider because it was said (or at least implied) that he had access to Samsung servers through an inside source of his own. At that point I felt I, and a bunch of others had been lied to. Up until now I had no idea that your source changed to an actual company, and it becomes more credible to me that you are telling the truth because it lines up more with my actual findings, in which a company (whether real or fake) is in fact needed; though it is possible for anyone to accomplish a fake company and is how the bootloader unlock is done.

As I mentioned in my initial "attack" (which I apologize for), the bootloader can be unlocked without an "inside" source. An initial interaction with Samsung occurs, verification of a company requesting the license (which can be done by having a personal web server), and payment for the license has occurred, (which is much cheaper) than the bootloader unlocks supplied here. A rapport is maintained for the continued ability to unlock other devices by being endorsed by Samsung and following the guidelines for use of that license ;(the company obviously hides its abuse of the endorsement) as the function is supposed to be limited to devices within that company.
It's apparent the company you're working with doesn't respect the value of the free and opensource community and would rather charge outlandish prices for something that traditionally would be supplied via a guide by someone who does respect it. My assumption of you not being one of those was wrong so I guess I can say it still is appreciated that you supply the keys, and changes my stance if you're not actually deciding the prices which are way too high based off the price of the license.

While I guess it could still be considered an exploit since it's being abused, it's not a loophole, hack, or file supplied only by Samsung, but rather by legitimate means that is reserved for companies who have a contract with Samsung and are endorsed by them; specifically Enterprise companies who have paid for and been accepted for use of the license, and have access to their own web-server. Should one obtain the license by taking the time to gather the requirements needed for Samsung's endorsement, having access to a personal web server, and have the knowledge to create the key generation certitifcate in the proper format, then the bootloader can be unlocked.

I can say for a fact that all of the requirements necessary to generate the key can be obtained personally by the creation of a company email address and web server, have had the company approved by Samsung for the license, and paid for said license. It requires a bit of work, and I suppose a guide will need to be written to show that I am not writing a bunch of BS, which I will do in the near future once I have figured out the format of the certificate to generate the device specific key for unlocking (provided by developers.android). So far I have only figured out the device specific information needed to generate the key and obtained the license needed. I will be back with a guide, and again I apologize for the abrasiveness of my initial post. I guess for some, just directly paying for the bootloader unlock would be easier if they don't want to take the time to create the requirements needed so I guess it was just the implications that it was unobtainable to get it without an inside connection is what really caught the attention of my frustration with the service.

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my post, as you seem to be quite an agreeable person with the way you fashioned your response. I do realize that everyone as a whole is going through this pandemic, and did not exclude you from that struggle, I just categorized you (perhaps unfairly) into a group of those who are able to continue to thrive during this time by means I highlighted in my initial post; though I have to admit it was unfair of me to assume it was in the ballpark of taking advantage. I do want to reiterate that I probably was way too harsh in my post, and should've gone about disagreeing with you in a more tame matter, so I sincerely apologize for that.

I was actually in the market to buy a bootloader unlock from you back when I had my S10+ until I discovered during my last few weeks with it that it was possible to unlock the bootloader without the "anonymous source" who had the supposed inside connection to Samsung servers. Once I had discovered this it drew up a lot of resentment for all the things I had seen you say back when that anonymous source was your provider because it was said (or at least implied) that he had access to Samsung servers through an inside source of his own. At that point I felt I, and a bunch of others had been lied to. Up until now I had no idea that your source changed to an actual company, and it becomes more credible to me that you are telling the truth because it lines up more with my actual findings, in which a company (whether real or fake) is in fact needed; though it is possible for anyone to accomplish a fake company and is how the bootloader unlock is done.

As I mentioned in my initial "attack" (which I apologize for), the bootloader can be unlocked without an "inside" source. An initial interaction with Samsung occurs, verification of a company requesting the license (which can be done by having a personal web server), and payment for the license has occurred, (which is much cheaper) than the bootloader unlocks supplied here. A rapport is maintained for the continued ability to unlock other devices by being endorsed by Samsung and following the guidelines for use of that license ;(the company obviously hides its abuse of the endorsement) as the function is supposed to be limited to devices within that company.
It's apparent the company you're working with doesn't respect the value of the free and opensource community and would rather charge outlandish prices for something that traditionally would be supplied via a guide by someone who does respect it. My assumption of you not being one of those was wrong so I guess I can say it still is appreciated that you supply the keys, and changes my stance if you're not actually deciding the prices which are way too high based off the price of the license.

While I guess it could still be considered an exploit since it's being abused, it's not a loophole, hack, or file supplied only by Samsung, but rather by legitimate means that is reserved for companies who have a contract with Samsung and are endorsed by them; specifically Enterprise companies who have paid for and been accepted for use of the license, and have access to their own web-server. Should one obtain the license by taking the time to gather the requirements needed for Samsung's endorsement, having access to a personal web server, and have the knowledge to create the key generation certitifcate in the proper format, then the bootloader can be unlocked.

I can say for a fact that all of the requirements necessary to generate the key can be obtained personally by the creation of a company email address and web server, have had the company approved by Samsung for the license, and paid for said license. It requires a bit of work, and I suppose a guide will need to be written to show that I am not writing a bunch of BS, which I will do in the near future once I have figured out the format of the certificate to generate the device specific key for unlocking (provided by developers.android). So far I have only figured out the device specific information needed to generate the key and obtained the license needed. I will be back with a guide, and again I apologize for the abrasiveness of my initial post. I guess for some, just directly paying for the bootloader unlock would be easier if they don't want to take the time to create the requirements needed so I guess it was just the implications that it was unobtainable to get it without an inside connection is what really caught the attention of my frustration with the service.
Honestly I have researched various samsung licenses and have even purchased a number of them that are available (knox manage, knox mobile enrollment, knox configure, efota, even custom sdk) and not one of them has the ability to purchase or generate "tokens."

Believe it or not once upon a time (like maybe Note 7 days) Samsung had a lot of factories n such in places like China. During this time you could find just about anything. Lots ppl had gspn access and could get all sorts of stuff. Of course this was pre token days.

Fast forward a bit and Samsung actually shut a lot of its factories in foreign countries and cracked down on the leaks. Nowadays theres very few that have access and even then they usually dont "leak" anything anymore.

My point is, you cant just set up a "fake business" and purchase a license to generate tokens. In fact, samsung considera tokens and even combo firmware as "leaked" internal files.

I am sure there is a big vetting process before a company can even get to a point where they can purchase a license to generate these types of tokens of which they are very strict. Only big time well established companies have this sort of access because this level access (in their eyes) is only to be used for engineering purposes. I imagine big carriers maybe aces like asurion, the government etc. have a need for it.

Even some knox services you have tto apply then a samsung rep has to meet with you to discuss the application before they would even decide what level access you should have. Most small no name companies surely are denied.

Companies that get access to tools like Daseul would be nice but in all my years dealing with samsung and all sorts of sources ive not met one person with access to it. Even then its crazy money im sure just for a base license then they pay for each token.. or they buy a lot of tokens then when they run out they have to buy more.

But not sure if I implied it was done by a source in samsung but if I did I no longer feel that way. If that was the case then newer devices on latest oneui versions etc wouldnt matter and could be unlocked. Since they cant, that tells me its not an internal source but some sort of exploit. Either way, itd be nice if i knew hkw it was done but i dont. I have tried but its not my area of expertise.

johnsgone

Jun 26, 2012
Minneapolis
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
This post is off the current topic being debated/discussed in the thread but not the OP. I want to post my experience with this BL unlock service for anyone still looking for info or on the fence about the service as well as to pay respect to afaneh92.

I could not be any happier. There is nothing sketchy about this UNSAMLOCK service or SamPWND another provider of unlock tokens both of them have been very translucent about the service and why they are choosing to provide it. afaneh92 the provider of UNSAMLOCK was ninja fast in every exchange I have had with him being more than friendly and fully extending himself for any help needed present and future. I paid for my BL unlock token and within 20 mins at best had a message asking if I was ready to go. I wasn't and was a bit thrown by the rapid availability thinking he possibly messaged the wrong guy by mistake. Nope, he had that token for me and so fast I was shocked. I was expecting at least a days wait on it so I had yet to back everything up properly. I chose to flash myself and was instantly provided with the files needed as well as clear instructions and extended the offer of any help I needed from there. I was BL unlocked and with the help of XDA OG Jkruse providing his AIO files I was also rooted with TWRP in minutes. Thank you Jkruse for the aforementioned files.

Thank you afaneh92 for UNSAMLOCK and the amazing responsiveness as well as the genuinely friendly, easy going communication. Being offered any additional help I may need in the future with an invite to the dev discord was all icing on the cake. Due to it being a paid service I expected to pay, receive my unlock and that'd be it. I was pleasantly surprised that it was far more personal and included such extensive support if or when needed. This for me was much more XDA like and in line with my experiences with XDA in days long long past which has been a nice trip down memory lane. I never expected to have another newish Samsung Flagship device in my hands yet here I am. It feels even better now after being locked out by the last string of Samsung notes and S models I've had for so many years now.

Thanks afaneh92 it has been a pleasure working with you.

Last edited:

SuperIronOut

Sep 5, 2020
Honestly I have researched various samsung licenses and have even purchased a number of them that are available (knox manage, knox mobile enrollment, knox configure, efota, even custom sdk) and not one of them has the ability to purchase or generate "tokens."

Believe it or not once upon a time (like maybe Note 7 days) Samsung had a lot of factories n such in places like China. During this time you could find just about anything. Lots ppl had gspn access and could get all sorts of stuff. Of course this was pre token days.

Fast forward a bit and Samsung actually shut a lot of its factories in foreign countries and cracked down on the leaks. Nowadays theres very few that have access and even then they usually dont "leak" anything anymore.

My point is, you cant just set up a "fake business" and purchase a license to generate tokens. In fact, samsung considera tokens and even combo firmware as "leaked" internal files.

I am sure there is a big vetting process before a company can even get to a point where they can purchase a license to generate these types of tokens of which they are very strict. Only big time well established companies have this sort of access because this level access (in their eyes) is only to be used for engineering purposes. I imagine big carriers maybe aces like asurion, the government etc. have a need for it.

Even some knox services you have tto apply then a samsung rep has to meet with you to discuss the application before they would even decide what level access you should have. Most small no name companies surely are denied.

Companies that get access to tools like Daseul would be nice but in all my years dealing with samsung and all sorts of sources ive not met one person with access to it. Even then its crazy money im sure just for a base license then they pay for each token.. or they buy a lot of tokens then when they run out they have to buy more.

But not sure if I implied it was done by a source in samsung but if I did I no longer feel that way. If that was the case then newer devices on latest oneui versions etc wouldnt matter and could be unlocked. Since they cant, that tells me its not an internal source but some sort of exploit. Either way, itd be nice if i knew hkw it was done but i dont. I have tried but its not my area of expertise.
That's the thing though, a couple of months ago my statements would have just been speculation, and I certainly did a lot of speculating. I ended up meeting 3 other users who were also interested in figuring this out and also felt the current circumstances were wrong, and so we pooled all of our information together. After all was said and done we achieved endorsement by Samsung; with no actual company, just a no BS shell of one that provides security solutions for other companies looking for 3rd party Enterprise Solutions. Along with that, our *company's* employee's devices were emphasized on needing to manage our own so-called policy, which needs to be tight being the directive our company takes. A data breach would be catastrophic for everyone involved even though nobody will be involved because there is no company, it is just a well thought out model that happened to work. There is a requirement to report who is managed, but it was stated that we needed a development period for Samsung devices.

The license isn't reserved to larger corporations, but rather any company small or large who are interested in deploying Samsung devices for use by their employees, or a company looking to manage another company's policy as a 3rd party service but cannot do so without said license. Samsung after all, wants the business of these companies. What we have is a middle man between Samsung, and companies that lack, or are naive to Enterprise IT Management; and that was part of the motivation was that I represented the company as somewhat of an opportunity for a sales gateway to Samsung devices.

Of course Samsung doesn't just endorse *anybody*, but anybody can become *somebody* on the internet, and that somebody just so happens to be an Enterprise IT Admin whose company is looking for an endorsement to manage the policies of other companies that are in the market for a 3rd party to enforce their own policy. This can be achieved by anybody who has an idea, and is willing to do the work and follow through with that idea, which isn't all that difficult to do surprisingly. Going into it, it was just a shot in the dark, but since the surprise of success the project has been very much alive.

A guide on the whole process is planned, but not until we've successfully achieved what we set out to do. Those who now know it's possible can go about this themselves until then. Since most here have the knowledge of the search function, most should be able to figure out how to create the exterior of a company, as Samsung doesn't go much further into inspecting the interior so long as the shell is complete and doesn't prompt further investigation.

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That's the thing though, a couple of months ago my statements would have just been speculation, and I certainly did a lot of speculating. I ended up meeting 3 other users who were also interested in figuring this out and also felt the current circumstances were wrong, and so we pooled all of our information together. After all was said and done we achieved endorsement by Samsung; with no actual company, just a no BS shell of one that provides security solutions for other companies looking for 3rd party Enterprise Solutions. Along with that, our *company's* employee's devices were emphasized on needing to manage our own so-called policy, which needs to be tight being the directive our company takes. A data breach would be catastrophic for everyone involved even though nobody will be involved because there is no company, it is just a well thought out model that happened to work. There is a requirement to report who is managed, but it was stated that we needed a development period for Samsung devices.

The license isn't reserved to larger corporations, but rather any company small or large who are interested in deploying Samsung devices for use by their employees, or a company looking to manage another company's policy as a 3rd party service but cannot do so without said license. Samsung after all, wants the business of these companies. What we have is a middle man between Samsung, and companies that lack, or are naive to Enterprise IT Management; and that was part of the motivation was that I represented the company as somewhat of an opportunity for a sales gateway to Samsung devices.

Of course Samsung doesn't just endorse *anybody*, but anybody can become *somebody* on the internet, and that somebody just so happens to be an Enterprise IT Admin whose company is looking for an endorsement to manage the policies of other companies that are in the market for a 3rd party to enforce their own policy. This can be achieved by anybody who has an idea, and is willing to do the work and follow through with that idea, which isn't all that difficult to do surprisingly. Going into it, it was just a shot in the dark, but since the surprise of success the project has been very much alive.

A guide on the whole process is planned, but not until we've successfully achieved what we set out to do. Those who now know it's possible can go about this themselves until then. Since most here have the knowledge of the search function, most should be able to figure out how to create the exterior of a company, as Samsung doesn't go much further into inspecting the interior so long as the shell is complete and doesn't prompt further investigation.
I am still not sure what you are implying or what exactly you are saying you were able to accomplish.

Anybody can sign up with samsung to be a "partner" or "developer" as I know first hand as I have done the same.

If you approach Samsung stating you want to develop and have a business need and need to manage device policies etc. then yes, they have that available to anybody, business or not. One way to do this is through Knox Manage which is an MDM solution or Efota which will allow you to "test" latest firmware before pushing the update to devices etc. but none of these tools/services that they offer alliw you to generate tokens to unlock the bootloader.

To add, these services they do allow require you to add devices to your account via meid or S/N for each device. So even if this is the case its not viable for the masses nor would it be ideal for ppl to provide that level of access because youd essentially be saying you own the devices and could therefore push your own policies to devices, lock them out, enable or disable certain settings, wioe the devices, track their location etc. etc.

Not to mention each license you can get only allows xx anount of seats befre u would need to ourchase more.

Either way, what you imply being able to do is more along the lines of MDM, not to generate tokens to unlock the bootloader. If I am wrong then you managed to do what no one else has and somehow managed to do it for no cost (vs. thousands of dollars according to my sources over time i have talked to) as well as got engineering level access that is typically reserved for high level samsung engineers.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I highly doubt that you have the ability you are implying with that much ease.

Joewydiart

Dec 27, 2012
Aguadilla
Hi guys.
Thanks to Afaneh92 I am manage to Bootloader unlock my G998U. I can confirm that this truly works. Process is fast and transparent. Helped me on every step of the process. Whenever I had a question the group was there to help.
I am now on a bootloader unlocked, Twrp, rooted, magisk safetynet ok, SacRom Galaxy S21 Ultra device and Hapy Happy happy 😊👍

Techguy777

Hi guys.
Thanks to Afaneh92 I am manage to Bootloader unlock my G998U. I can confirm that this truly works. Process is fast and transparent. Helped me on every step of the process. Whenever I had a question the group was there to help.
I am now on a bootloader unlocked, Twrp, rooted, magisk safetynet ok, SacRom Galaxy S21 Ultra device and Hapy Happy happy 😊👍
I thought safety net was done months ago. How do you get safety net to pass? Yes it would be fine if after you pay when you update and it relocks your bootloader if they would unlock it again for free or maybe 20 dollars than it would be cool.

Techguy777

I am still not sure what you are implying or what exactly you are saying you were able to accomplish.

Anybody can sign up with samsung to be a "partner" or "developer" as I know first hand as I have done the same.

If you approach Samsung stating you want to develop and have a business need and need to manage device policies etc. then yes, they have that available to anybody, business or not. One way to do this is through Knox Manage which is an MDM solution or Efota which will allow you to "test" latest firmware before pushing the update to devices etc. but none of these tools/services that they offer alliw you to generate tokens to unlock the bootloader.

To add, these services they do allow require you to add devices to your account via meid or S/N for each device. So even if this is the case its not viable for the masses nor would it be ideal for ppl to provide that level of access because youd essentially be saying you own the devices and could therefore push your own policies to devices, lock them out, enable or disable certain settings, wioe the devices, track their location etc. etc.

Not to mention each license you can get only allows xx anount of seats befre u would need to ourchase more.

Either way, what you imply being able to do is more along the lines of MDM, not to generate tokens to unlock the bootloader. If I am wrong then you managed to do what no one else has and somehow managed to do it for no cost (vs. thousands of dollars according to my sources over time i have talked to) as well as got engineering level access that is typically reserved for high level samsung engineers.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I highly doubt that you have the ability you are implying with that much ease.
What you guys tell samsung your a company and that you need to unlock your devices and they give you the bootloader unlock code or bin file or whatever it is. Yeah you would be right technically they would have them locked into someone's else's devices. Lol that would suck

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Me personally I still would rather order the exynos version the difference is so small you'll never notice it.
thats not true for a number of reasons (in my opinion) at least if youre in the usa which the service is geared towards.. for best network compatibility a exynos device is not preferred.. also, they dont actively sell exynos in the usa so youd likely have yo purchase from a third party or overseas as well.

Plus snap models have been better in a number of categories than exynos for years now.. of course everyone has their own opinions/reasons so im sure some would agree with you..

some also dont have the means of getting exynos devices or can only get devices provided by their carriers etc.

That said, it is what it is. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.. for some ppl it is worth it and is worth any risk.. there is a safe way to update and remain unlocked.. but like anything for usa snap models (even my root methods for s8 s8+ n8 s9 s9+ n9 etc.) have a risk of being patched in updates (or have already been patched). Its the nature of the game.

elliwigy

Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Phoenix
www.sampwnd.com
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
What you guys tell samsung your a company and that you need to unlock your devices and they give you the bootloader unlock code or bin file or whatever it is. Yeah you would be right technically they would have them locked into someone's else's devices. Lol that would suck
Thats not at all true.. just a conspiracy theory someone brought up and tried to pitch it as the truth when they have 0 idea of the actual process

Techguy777

thats not true for a number of reasons (in my opinion) at least if youre in the usa which the service is geared towards.. for best network compatibility a exynos device is not preferred.. also, they dont actively sell exynos in the usa so youd likely have yo purchase from a third party or overseas as well.

Plus snap models have been better in a number of categories than exynos for years now.. of course everyone has their own opinions/reasons so im sure some would agree with you..

some also dont have the means of getting exynos devices or can only get devices provided by their carriers etc.

That said, it is what it is. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.. for some ppl it is worth it and is worth any risk.. there is a safe way to update and remain unlocked.. but like anything for usa snap models (even my root methods for s8 s8+ n8 s9 s9+ n9 etc.) have a risk of being patched in updates (or have already been patched). Its the nature of the game.
I have att and band 4 is on every international phone I ever bought. I have safelink an free sim card every month with 4 5 gb of data but any day now we get free unlimited data because the stimulus package in America paid for 6 months of service or longer depending on long covid 19 goes on. So I don't buy service I buy a phone pop in gsm from att under safelink an I get free lte and 5g isn't available yet in reed city michigan and probably won't be ever. It's a very small town and no phone companies you have to go 13 miles to the city. All's you gotta do is unlock people as again for free or cheap and than it's worth it. You guys won't do it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thats just my 2 cents.
    This post is off the current topic being debated/discussed in the thread but not the OP. I want to post my experience with this BL unlock service for anyone still looking for info or on the fence about the service as well as to pay respect to afaneh92.

I could not be any happier. There is nothing sketchy about this UNSAMLOCK service or SamPWND another provider of unlock tokens both of them have been very translucent about the service and why they are choosing to provide it. afaneh92 the provider of UNSAMLOCK was ninja fast in every exchange I have had with him being more than friendly and fully extending himself for any help needed present and future. I paid for my BL unlock token and within 20 mins at best had a message asking if I was ready to go. I wasn't and was a bit thrown by the rapid availability thinking he possibly messaged the wrong guy by mistake. Nope, he had that token for me and so fast I was shocked. I was expecting at least a days wait on it so I had yet to back everything up properly. I chose to flash myself and was instantly provided with the files needed as well as clear instructions and extended the offer of any help I needed from there. I was BL unlocked and with the help of XDA OG Jkruse providing his AIO files I was also rooted with TWRP in minutes. Thank you Jkruse for the aforementioned files.

Thank you afaneh92 for UNSAMLOCK and the amazing responsiveness as well as the genuinely friendly, easy going communication. Being offered any additional help I may need in the future with an invite to the dev discord was all icing on the cake. Due to it being a paid service I expected to pay, receive my unlock and that'd be it. I was pleasantly surprised that it was far more personal and included such extensive support if or when needed. This for me was much more XDA like and in line with my experiences with XDA in days long long past which has been a nice trip down memory lane. I never expected to have another newish Samsung Flagship device in my hands yet here I am. It feels even better now after being locked out by the last string of Samsung notes and S models I've had for so many years now.

Well as far as a 1 time fee goes, yeah that cool for now because they are the only ones who can give us access to the unlock token for now
    I'm not sure if the general public will even be able to get this unlock token without having an inside source... Samsung seems to have it on a lock and chain and thats it

Its very easy to modify system once you are rooted.. Key is to have disabled verity/vbmeta.. but either way best is to edit system/super partition.. its quite easy.. you take super.img then run simg2img on it to get raw super instead of sparse then you can use lpunpack to get system vendor product odm images to edit then can use lpmake or similar to pack back into super.img
    Its really not the money that's the issue... Its definitely Samsung not listening and allowing US bootloader to be unlocked
    It does such that not many US devs are putting effort into certain phones other than the flagship ones
    But it really is about the MONEY. Why waste it and give it to samsung and then double back and give it to 3rd parties to bootloader unlock when that should be something we on XDA do, and at our leisure for free! That is what rooting and bootloader unlocking is supposed to be about, for those that want to tinker with their property. Continuining supporting Samsung by buying their POS phones does nothing but silently condone their behavior restricting your property.

It is just better to buy another manufacturer's phone that allows us, with the money we spend on these phones that aren't barely lasting 2 years, to do with what we want since we bought it.
    This thread is @svetius approved

NOTE: The One UI 3.1 bootloader will bypass the unlock token on 2020 devices, Do not update or bump your bootloader version. So If you ever take the update and you can downgrade go for it. And you will remains unlocked.
    un-samsung-lock.png

Description:
    This service will acquire you to unlock samsung bootloader. Allow you to flash custom firmwares, kernels and recoveries. This service will wipe the device entirely of all data, please remove your SD card, and backup all information that you may need, remove all accounts before service.
    This service supports all current models that require token to unlock bootloader (e.g. US/Canada A51, A71, S10, N10, S20, N20, Fold, Flip and Tab S, S21series.)
    DID is available on download mode or by ADB (adb shell getprop ro.boot.em.did) or by Android terminal (getprop ro.boot.em.did)
    Provide the DID that you’ve obtained from the device (PLEASE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT’S CORRECT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR BAD SUBMISSION)
    We will provide the token file once it’s available

FAQ:
    - This is a paid service and not provided by XDA.
    - Each device has it’s own DID and token.
    - You cannot flash unlock token 2 times, you get a single chance, Dont lose it by flashing combination token.
    - The token file will be available within 1–36 hours of order.
    - We will unlock the device remotely or you do it yourself.
    - To flash this token file yourself you will need a modified ODIN version.
    - USA/Canada devices has no oem unlock toggle.
    - Knox will be tripped after a custom binary flash.
    - Samsung Pass, Samsung Pay will never work after root. Safetynet, Samsung Health and Secure folder could be fixed.
    - This is a permanent bootloader unlock. You can flash full stock firmware (with the same bootloader version) multiple times and bootloader remain unlocked.

Disclaimers:
    Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock. Unlocking your SIM lock is at the discretion of your operator/carrier and is not part of the bootloader unlocking scope.

We strongly suggest that you do not unlock the bootloader unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved. This is a technical procedure and the side effects could possibly necessitate repairs to your device not covered under warranty. If you are still interested in unlocking the bootloader, and you understand the consequences both to your device and to your warranty, then you may refer to the following post where we have provided the unlocking instructions.
    Links:
    For more information here's my unlock channel and unlock group

Thats just my 2 cents.
    I can confirm it 100 percent works

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone