[CLOSED][Android][UNSAMLOCK] Bootloader Unlock for Samsung US/Canada Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tmittelstaedt

Aug 26, 2012
I have a SM-G960U with a One Ui version 2.0 on it and Android Security Patch May 1 2020 on it

I know it can be unlocked with the unlocker here but what I can't find out is any information on rooting, or custom roms or TWRP. There's a thread here for TWRP for the 960 international version but no info on whether this will load on this phone

I have 3 questions, really:

1) Has anyone loaded this version of TWRP on the G960U?

2) Can I upgrade to the latest Android version on this phone from Verizon after unlocking the bootloader and will the phone stay unlocked even if a newer bootloader is installed during this upgrade?

3) Can I root this phone if there's no custom roms for it and no TWRP for it? Will Magisk work on it with the stock loader if it's unlocked?

All I really want is either an up to date custom rom, or the OEM rom with all security patches applied, and root on it so I can run apps that need root. There's a TON of roms and data and so on out there for the -international- 960 but practically nothing for the 960U

Thanks!

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
I have a SM-G960U with a One Ui version 2.0 on it and Android Security Patch May 1 2020 on it

I know it can be unlocked with the unlocker here but what I can't find out is any information on rooting, or custom roms or TWRP. There's a thread here for TWRP for the 960 international version but no info on whether this will load on this phone

I have 3 questions, really:

1) Has anyone loaded this version of TWRP on the G960U?

2) Can I upgrade to the latest Android version on this phone from Verizon after unlocking the bootloader and will the phone stay unlocked even if a newer bootloader is installed during this upgrade?

3) Can I root this phone if there's no custom roms for it and no TWRP for it? Will Magisk work on it with the stock loader if it's unlocked?

All I really want is either an up to date custom rom, or the OEM rom with all security patches applied, and root on it so I can run apps that need root. There's a TON of roms and data and so on out there for the -international- 960 but practically nothing for the 960U

Thanks!
1- All G960U/U1W/0 devices are identical, what custom file works on one works on the others.
I have my own twrp too.
2- you can update bootloader to February 2021 update, after unlock you can flash latest v9 firmware + February 2021 BL from v9
3- Yes you can root with magisk on stock

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I gotta vouch for these guys. I had a strange flash user error where I ended up rooted with no working camera. The guy got on teamviewer to help reflash properly and fix it. They are good workers and provide excellent service!

Thanks again!

johninsf

EDIT: I see the above response re: v7 bootloader. Looks like I have v9. Anybody need a perfect condition Note9 with Dex? :)
________

Hello - I was told that my carrier unlocked Note9 N960U1 One UI 2.5 with August 2021 security patch cannot be unlocked and that the Feb 2021 security patch was the last that allowed unlocking? Could you provide any additional details on whether this is possible? I would love to use your service.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
EDIT: I see the above response re: v7 bootloader. Looks like I have v9. Anybody need a perfect condition Note9 with Dex? :)
________

Hello - I was told that my carrier unlocked Note9 N960U1 One UI 2.5 with August 2021 security patch cannot be unlocked and that the Feb 2021 security patch was the last that allowed unlocking? Could you provide any additional details on whether this is possible? I would love to use your service.

Thanks in advance.
As you said. If there any updates will let you know.

Reactions: johninsf

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
@afaneh92 can this be unlocked? G986U1UES2DUI5 .... Otherwise having trouble finding an unlockable SM-G986U / U1 device without having to purchase first. Sellers won't give me baseband version on Ebay.

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Update just released yesterday and you updated lol
No v2 cant be unlocked yet.
I was sent a picture of the device by the seller. Idk if they updated the device but it was ordered wednesday for a friday delivery so they could tell me build number. So where can I find a v1 bootloader? Idk what other device id be interested in but I dont have a phone anymore since last weekend. Ive thought about saying F it and just going to iPhone.

Oh note I did not buy the device. Its getting hard for sellers to tell me build number on S20.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I was sent a picture of the device by the seller. Idk if they updated the device but it was ordered wednesday for a friday delivery so they could tell me build number. So where can I find a v1 bootloader? Idk what other device id be interested in but I dont have a phone anymore since last weekend. Ive thought about saying F it and just going to iPhone.

Oh note I did not buy the device. Its getting hard for sellers to tell me build number on S20.
In case you want to buy, 5th character from the right is bootloader version.
List of unlockable versions in 2nd post.

Reactions: Droid9684
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts