Android VS iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS **Complete Series**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked4u2c

Dec 24, 2010
So I was going to do a 6 part mini series but due to time things are on hold. However, I decided to at least get things rolling. Depending on the feedback I get I will either complete or scrap the project. Anyhow, next time this argument comes around Android VS iOS just post this video. Believe me, this was just the beginning of something really big!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

**BONUS FAQ SESSION**

Last edited:

T__

Mar 21, 2012
Ireland
I am going to pass this on to all my friends who are still in the iOS is better frame of mind.

I have used Android for <1 year now, and everything is simple.

Have tried using iOS from time to time when messing about with friends phones, and things Android performed in a click of a button, required multiple clicks with the iOS.

I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Apple; I like how they look - but I hate how they function. They are far from simple.

Really hope you <strikeout>plan</strikeout> have time to expand and finish of the series.

Wicked4u2c

Dec 24, 2010
I am going to pass this on to all my friends who are still in the iOS is better frame of mind.

I have used Android for <1 year now, and everything is simple.

Have tried using iOS from time to time when messing about with friends phones, and things Android performed in a click of a button, required multiple clicks with the iOS.

I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Apple; I like how they look - but I hate how they function. They are far from simple.

Really hope you <strikeout>plan</strikeout> have time to expand and finish of the series.

Thanks I have been getting a few PM's and E-mails to finish the series and I am getting more pumped about it! Specially seeing how I left out so many important features that people use every day...

For example, sharing a simple website with your friends and family on Facebook (or any other Social Network that is not Twitter) is something that can't be done on iOS. If your browsing on Safari and come upon a great article that you want to share, you can only share on Twitter, E-mail and, Messaging. You would have to copy the URL, load up Faceboook then paste it and click on publish.

With Android, the sharing capabilities depend on what apps you have installed. I can share to my Dropbox, G+, Facebook, Docs, etc.. with just one click of a button.

Reactions: IAmRC1

Wicked4u2c

Dec 24, 2010
Wow, I am happy that people actually enjoyed the video. This really makes me want to finish the series. I'll see if I can edit more next week and maybe in 2-3 weeks I will post part 2, stay tuned...

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
I appreciate the video, but a lot of it is what YOU enjoy and what YOU think is best. Sure, android suits you better, but what about the things that effect everyone? IPhone caters to the general public as a whole, you can make android cater to your individual preferences, it takes tons of apps, oftentimes a root, and constant maintenance. For those who want a phone without the hassle, Iphone does great. You're obviously technically inclined and don't mind dedicating some time to phone maintenance. You seem to even enjoy it. Android is great for you, but all OS's have their target audience.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Preferring Dolphin browser to Safari, do most really care? There's numerous other examples in the video. IPhone caters to the user, android gives you the option to cater to yourself which would be awesome but it requires a lot of searching and messing around. I'm not saying it's bad by any means. I've even got an xperia play on order, they just each have their target audience.

Reactions: DecisiveGamer

TheSkinnyDrummer

Feb 12, 2012
Fallbrook, CA
www.vimeo.com
OK....call me a troll, but regarding the OP's video link.....holy ****....I have a question. Why do people nowadays talk in a way where everything they say sounds like a question? Ironic, I know, I just asked a question. Maybe I'm being nit-picky....but really...do people? Really? Talk? Like this?

I hope someone out there knows what I'm getting at, because I am constantly losing faith in humanity, or atleast my fellow Americans when people talk in questions.

I should just start a topic in the Rant section? Like, right?
Sent from my coffee pot.

Last edited:
Reactions: _BA and KCA.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone