Android VS iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS **Complete Series**

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebobp

Feb 16, 2012
Preferring Dolphin browser to Safari, do most really care? There's numerous other examples in the video.
Lack of ability to select your opener app does affect everyone, as do the inconsistency of the back button, lack of multitasking, increased number of steps to share data between apps, and "numerous other examples in the video" ;)

IPhone caters to the user, android gives you the option to cater to yourself which would be awesome but it requires a lot of searching and messing around.
You forgot, in this browser metaphor, that both cater to the user. It's just that one gives the additional option of self-catering, while the other just goes "don't like our catering? deal with it or gtfo."

(Unless, of course, you aren't actually talking about the video content at all and are just back to your usual hijack-trolling, in which case gtfo.)

sent from my Terran Command Center.

Last edited:

KingKuba13

Mar 28, 2011
Good video.

Always here from iphone people who everything is so much much simpler and easier to do in iOS yet everything requires more steps. :rolleyes:

Trcx

Jan 29, 2012
Very nice video. While I could content that most of your complaints with iOS can be fixed through jailbreaking, you make a good point about not needing to root your phone to customize android to the degree you want. Overall it was a really nicely done video, with many valid points. I never would have though of some of they comparisons, despite the validity of your points. Nice job man. :D

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
null
Nice vid. that phone is sexy. well both are but one of them is able to be ran the way I like to run it, and the other one is ran like big brother wants me to run it. cuz they know best right?

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
Well done video. I went with a friend to look at iPhones the other day as she was interested and I wanted to crack my own skull. No long press options on apps? No long press option to delete files? No easy clean up of all the homescreen clutter? No, thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Very nice video. While I could content that most of your complaints with iOS can be fixed through jailbreaking, you make a good point about not needing to root your phone to customize android to the degree you want. Overall it was a really nicely done video, with many valid points. I never would have though of some of they comparisons, despite the validity of your points. Nice job man. :D
Yeah, I like some of the customization that's finally showing up on iPhone, but having to jailbreak the phone and pay $2-8 on Cydia for widgets that we get for free is not getting it done.

Magnus909

Oct 7, 2011
With jailbreaking you end up with things on the lockscreen (like widgets and live wallpapers), not on the homescreen where you want them!
There are many other things that has to do how apps can integrate much deeper with each other in android compared to even a jailbreaked iphone much like shown in the video. The alternate keyboards are another thing that still works better on android and actually pops up when used inside another app compared to the jailbreaked ones.
And there is also another thing to consider. The userbase is much bigger for customised keyboards, homescreens, live wallpapers etc when it is supported out of the box on android.
Since there are only 5-10% jailbreaked iphones, it is a much smaller market which means that less apps and themes o fthat type will be made for that target group.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Good video IMO. iOS was revolutionary in 2007 compared to what we had back then. But its been 5 years and I don't think its keeping up. There really haven't been any significant UI features added.

Great point about the icons on the iPad. Back when I first saw screenshots on the iPad 1 I thought it was a prototype. Another thing that looks out of place is the small slide to unlock slider. I couldn't believe they would ship a product with a UI that doesn't look like it was adapted very well to a tablet.

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Nice video, good job.

With android at least I'm not stuck on the apps screen ;)

Maybe you can post things you can do with iphone that you can't do on android so some people won't think you're extremely one-sided

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
Great series start. The only problem I had with the video was the glare. I believe that you should start over in a darker room and go over each individual feature. Using a script as well. Saying "Um" every couple of words will make the "Genius's" not want to believe you. If performed right, this could end up being a very informal series. Also make sure you show both sides as well. Show what Apple does better than Android. I have used both and they both have good and bad perks. Try to not be biased in any way so that you can minimize the flaming that will happen.

Last edited:

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com
Very informative video but on the youtube feedback you have a viewer saying you are wrong when you said downloading stops if you watch a youtube video. Not sure if they are right but if they are maybe need to correct that, or correct them if they are wrong.

I think what you have is very good and hope to see more on youtube.

It's so much better to see differences in action rather than read through pages of fans from either side claiming things like they do on various sites and forums, very informative.

Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk

punisher2008

Sep 17, 2010
Loved the video, hope you finish the series. Was a great reference to my friends who are into the crapple.

Very enlightening and easy to understand what you are talking about. Will defiantly have to share the video to those who say apple is better and one more way of clarifying on how android is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone