Android Wear 2.0 for SmartWatch 3 port progress Thread & Creation of OSS project

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex6600

Apr 23, 2008
A couple of points I noted after the build:

1) Boot.img is not compiled. Maybe something is wrong in the device tree, or we need dependencies.
2) After compiling and flashing (I replaced the ramdisk of the stock kernel with the compiled ramdisk), the device is stuck at the kernel logo (SmartWatch 3 logo)
Are you sure about correct kernel_offset, ramdisk_offset and tags_offset addresses?

Reactions: dverbame

mparus

May 21, 2009
These addresses are changed when switching after moving from android 5 to android 6.
Perhaps this time the address has changed again?
I have this problem with config
TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE := kernel/sony/tetra
TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := tetra_defconfig

error:
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: error: 'out/target/product/tetra/kernel', needed by 'out/target/product/tetra/boot.img', missing and no known rule to make it

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
I have this problem with config
TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE := kernel/sony/tetra
TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := tetra_defconfig

error:
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: error: 'out/target/product/tetra/kernel', needed by 'out/target/product/tetra/boot.img', missing and no known rule to make it

Did you set BUILD_KERNEL: true ?

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
sorry, for me not working
I try compile kernel in kernel folder and use TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL parameter
I used a prebuilt kernel and placed it in the /out directory to successfully get a compiled boot.img. If anyone wants it, I have attached it to the post.

Attachments

alex6600

Apr 23, 2008
I used a prebuilt kernel and placed it in the /out directory to successfully get a compiled boot.img. If anyone wants it, I have attached it to the post.
Base address are differ from stock MM kernel...
Offsets are the same.

PS. Where did you get this ramdisk? File init.tetra.pwr.rc don't included at all.
And I can't find some stuffs from init.common.rc.

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Base address are differ from stock MM kernel...
Offsets are the same.

PS. Where did you get this ramdisk? File init.tetra.pwr.rc don't included at all.
And I can't find some stuffs from init.common.rc.
I used OP's device tree and AW2.0 sources. Obviously the device tree needs work (mostly BoardConfig.mk because inline kernel building is not working at all).

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / RC- RT Committee / Semper Salty
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

There is NO need to ask:
- is this port is ready yet?
- what will the procedure be when it is ready?
- how close is it to being ready?
- will this work with XYZ app?

WHEN it is ready, the OP will no doubt let EVERYONE in the thread know it is ready, and HOW to use it.

This is the SECOND visit in 3 days I've made to keep this thread on track (see post #51).

Please stop cluttering the thread with useless comments.

If a third visit is needed, it will not go well for those ignoring the previous two warnings.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Last edited:

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
Oh my God. It's starting again. Can we keep this thread on topic?
I also just bought this watch a month ago and I don't care about the warranty. I'd rather have this watch with the latest firmware. If you care about it, keep an eye on this thread and see how things go once the firmware is available. Then decide if this is too exciting or risky for you or if you think it's safe enough. So far there's no working aw2 yet.

Hey, this just crossed my mind:
I could create a new thread accompanying this one for all the talk that doesn´t belong here. We could discuss warranty issues, ***** about why Sony didn´t release the firmware it self, speculate about ETA...
If any of the active developers want´s to see what´s going on there, he/she can drop by and comment, if not, all that off topic talk doesn´t interfere here. Do you want me to create a new thread? Anyone else wants to provide one?
Just an idea. Could be fun, too, but would leave this thread uncluttered for on topic issues.

Since I mentioned the idea above, I have created the companion thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch-3/general/companion-thread-android-wear-2-0-t3565693 @PDesire: maybe it would be a good idea to post this link on your first post so that new people to the thread see it.
I hope this helps keeping this thread clean(er)

Last edited:

Supercharlie25

Feb 8, 2014
Madrid
So current progress:

Code:
Blobs finished 
Device Tree needs to be rebased and it will be re-released under GPLv3 license 
Creating builds which are able to boot
Future
Code:
If all has been finished: RELEASE WHOLE SOURCE CODE (That means kernel and whole Android Source

Your PDesire

Thank you for all your work! Really thankful! Cheer on!

;)

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
Just curious, suppose all goes well and we get this community ROM running on our SW3, is it possible to tweak the behavior of the transflective LCD of SW3? Is the LCD control implemented in the open-source part or the closed-source proprietary part?

For example, I've always been wishing the Theater Mode on SW3 could keep the LCD in reflective mode without back-lit, instead of nothing to show like other Android Wear watches.

Just curious, suppose all goes well and we get this community ROM running on our SW3, is it possible to tweak the behavior of the transflective LCD of SW3? Is the LCD control implemented in the open-source part or the closed-source proprietary part?

For example, I've always been wishing the Theater Mode on SW3 could keep the LCD in reflective mode without back-lit, instead of nothing to show like other Android Wear watches.
Doesn't Always On mode support this already, if the watchface has that type of view?

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
Doesn't Always On mode support this already, if the watchface has that type of view?
No, it turns on the back-light every time it wakes (either by wrist gesture or by touch). The best part of the transflective LCD on SW3 is that it could be read easily without back-light in bright light.
If the back-light can be turned off during interaction, the battery life could be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.