Android Wear 2 OTA update link

Search This thread

RichyE

Oct 12, 2012
Heerlen
I just received the OTA update

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

I just received the OTA update

carlx

Jan 24, 2010
Just got it on OTA no real impression yet I'll have to play a bit with it, It does take a long time to boot after the upgrade and the battery did drain a bit.

TheFunnyT

Apr 18, 2011
Flashed the OTA, but unfortunately the Handwriting Input is missing and "Ok, Google" Detection is not working although it's activated in the menu :(

endrancer

Sep 8, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
carstengrimm.com
Flashed the OTA, but unfortunately the Handwriting Input is missing and "Ok, Google" Detection is not working although it's activated in the menu :(

works for me.

tilt hand -> screen activates -> ok google -> watch vibrates -> assistant starts

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Is it just me or is the watch really laggy now? There's always a one or two second delay before things happen.

for me it was also quite laggy, after a while everything settles and gets smooth.

for example the menu is super smooth compared to before.

adrianburns

Sep 25, 2011
Nottingham

Same here, plus charging is very slow and the battery drains super quick. This despite a complete reset after upgrading. Bound to be initial bugs, but the battery issue is a bit of a worry.

Last edited:

endrancer

Sep 8, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
carstengrimm.com
Same here, plus charging is very slow and the battery drains super quick. This despite a complete reset after upgrading. Bound to be initial bugs, but the battery issue is a bit of a worry.

ok. handwriting is not available for me too, regardless ok google works.

while at first it was really draining battery and sluggish, performance increased after about an hour or so. being on wear2.0 the second day now, everything settled anf feels butter smooth. while on the first day i saw battery got decreased 10 % more than usual, will have to investigate how that will turn out today, but obviously with a new system some might use the watch a bit more active for the time being to figure things out.

adrianburns

Sep 25, 2011
Nottingham
ok. handwriting is not available for me too, regardless ok google works.

while at first it was really draining battery and sluggish, performance increased after about an hour or so. being on wear2.0 the second day now, everything settled anf feels butter smooth. while on the first day i saw battery got decreased 10 % more than usual, will have to investigate how that will turn out today, but obviously with a new system some might use the watch a bit more active for the time being to figure things out.

"OK google" and handwriting input are both now working for me. Maybe it was still downloading English UK language packs in the background? Also, to extend battery life, I've disabled "Always-on display" - Had a predicted use time of just 2 hours with this enabled (I easily got through 1-2 days before the update), so had little choice but to disable it.

I have noticed a messaging bug too... I open Contacts app, select a person, select a number to message (e.g. "mobile" or "home")... Then, instead of it asking me for the message, Assistant asks me "Which number?" I'd like to message, despite already confirming that with the previous tap... I say the number ("mobile" or "home") and it enters that word as the actual message itself... So the labelling "Which number?" should actually be "Message?" - the flow is somehow out of sync - if that makes sense!

Last edited:

adrianburns

Sep 25, 2011
Nottingham
"To extend battery life, I've disabled "Always-on display" - Had a predicted use time of just 2 hours with this enabled (I easily got through 1-2 days before the update), so had little choice but to disable it.

Update: So, before the 2.0 update, I'd get 1-2 days of use between charges, with display always-on enabled... After the 2.0 update, I'm getting 4-5 hours of use, with display always-on DISABLED... My battery is absolutely being killed by something! Anyone else getting such poor battery performance?

Last edited:

endrancer

Sep 8, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
carstengrimm.com
Update: So, before the 2.0 update, I'd get 1-2 days of use between charges, with display always-on enabled... After the 2.0 update, I'm getting 4-5 hours of use, with display always-on DISABLED... My battery is absolutely being killed by something! Anyone else getting such poor battery performance?
Normal use.
Screen always on
Wifi off
GPS "via Phone" on
BT on
Apps which might be going on in the background:
- g-fit, weather sync (weather broadcast)

Screenshot_20170407-152437.png

Gesendet von meinem PLK mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kidshady

Nov 10, 2015
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately, handwriting keyboard is also missing for me. I've also noticed a majority of the complaints​ others have explained, but I'd like to give things time to Settle in.

glgaglro

Nov 20, 2013
Flash AW2 to Urbane 2nd ed?

Has anyone tried flashing the AW2 for the urbane (1st ed) to their urbane 2? I'm considering trying it...not thrilled with prospect of waiting another month for the OTA release. Any thoughts?

ahalol

Nov 16, 2013
After flashing the 2.0, my watch cannot set up google account. After resetting it, it couldn't even sync the apps. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Sparksys

Jul 22, 2012
So after flashing ota..the watch became slow so I did a factory reset and after that it's stuck on "checking updates"
Any solution for that? :(

meibourne

Mar 30, 2011
After flashing the 2.0, my watch cannot set up google account. After resetting it, it couldn't even sync the apps. Does anyone else have the same problem?
I have same issue. To resolve, you put the button in side of the watch. Go to the parameter, tap on setup google account et finish setting account on the phone.

Reactions: ahalol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not allowed yet to post external links yet but you guys know what to do :)

android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/lge_bass_bass/9dc72dd4c0f07eea91f85f4a8b1dc57f81d8d9b2.zip

Edit: This is the OTA file for Urbane 1st gen.
    Step by Step Instructions for those that can't be bothered to look it up:

1. Download http://android.googleapis.com/packa.../9dc72dd4c0f07eea91f85f4a8b1dc57f81d8d9b2.zip
    then Rename it, to something easy (eg. aw2.zip)

2. Get ADB- if you don't have it already and in developer mode, USB ADB debugging is on. Also, allow adb Debugging on your phone

3. Go to your cmd prompt and type the following command adb reboot bootloader

4. Go to your watch, using the arrows, navigate to Recovery Mode

5. Swipe up/down to go to apply update from ADB swipe right/left

6. Go to your cmd prompt and type the following command adb sideload aw2.zip (Replacing aw2.zip with your filename and path - I put my file in my adb directory so the above command worked for me)

Watch will update, and reboot.

I am not responsible for any issues you may have. Good Luck
    can confirm, just flashed it via adb sideload *zip* and i am on it.

takes like 4 minutes to boot up after flashing.

after boot will have to setup google account and it's sideloading play store as well...
    I want to downgrade to android wear 1....I don't like 2...
    How i can do it?
    LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (LTE) 2.0 (LINK)

LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (LTE) 2.0 (LINK)
    07-01 03:51:45.889 6165 10197 I SystemUpdateTask: starting download of r4---sn-vgqs7ns7.gvt1.com - android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/lge_nemo_nemo/af88cfbc96ad65e7b728e27c2decbdc6fb0e08e8.zip
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone