Android Wear and iOS connectivity

Does iOS and Android Wear compatibility interest you?

• No. Not at all.

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • Only if/when Android Wear officialy supports iOS.

Votes: 49 10.5%
  • Yes even through custom apps, but i won't JB/root.

Votes: 150 32.3%
  • I want this! I will do JB/root/whatever it takes!

Votes: 224 48.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Snowby123

May 15, 2015
I have a question that could be answered here.
I have read in this thread that you can install apps from watchmaker, however I found no information on the watchfaces from the playstore.
Is there any way to install third party watch faces downloaded from the play store?
I would love to have an answer sooner rather than later.

Heath101

Nov 16, 2015
Did you have to do anything special to your watch to push files. I installed both files but can't seem to be able to push watch zips over. I also have a Huawei watch.

pauljmiddleton

Nov 29, 2015
Sorry of this is a stupid question but could you not just but a really cheap broke android phone off ebay, say one with a smashed screen that still works but nobody would want to use normally, then pair your Android watch with that and upload watch faces from the store there, then pair back to your iPhone?

wkevinw

Dec 1, 2015
Sorry of this is a stupid question but could you not just but a really cheap broke android phone off ebay, say one with a smashed screen that still works but nobody would want to use normally, then pair your Android watch with that and upload watch faces from the store there, then pair back to your iPhone?

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. When you pair to iOS, it installs/modifies a totally different set of "behaviors" in the watch (no WiFi, no Bluetooth controls, etc.). Same when pairing to an Android device. I did almost as you suggested (bought a $40 no contract Android phone and didn't buy any minutes) just to run WatchMaker. And as far as I know you have to do a factory reset to move between the two different environments.

However, all is not lost. I have refined a few of the ideas mentioned here and will be creating a new post called Getting WatchMaker and other watch faces onto your Android Wear watch with iOS.
It overcomes most of the problems talked about here in the last few pages.

Kevin

pennywise1988

Jun 26, 2015
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. When you pair to iOS, it installs/modifies a totally different set of "behaviors" in the watch (no WiFi, no Bluetooth controls, etc.). Same when pairing to an Android device. I did almost as you suggested (bought a $40 no contract Android phone and didn't buy any minutes) just to run WatchMaker. And as far as I know you have to do a factory reset to move between the two different environments.

However, all is not lost. I have refined a few of the ideas mentioned here and will be creating a new post called Getting WatchMaker and other watch faces onto your Android Wear watch with iOS.
It overcomes most of the problems talked about here in the last few pages.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, just so I don't get my hopes up for nothing, does your procedure work also on the first gen moto 360?

Thanks!!

wkevinw

Dec 1, 2015
Hey Kevin, just so I don't get my hopes up for nothing, does your procedure work also on the first gen moto 360?

Thanks!!

Yes, but only if you have a USB cable. There is a video on YouTube by rootjunky that shows how to build one. Pretty simple - should take about 15 minutes and about $3 in parts (
CE TECH Category 5e Jack - White Model # 5025-WH at Home Depot). I couldn't find a way to do this over Bluetooth, so you will need the cable to allow ADB to work, unless someone else can figure out how to make Bluetooth debugging with iOS work.

Kevin

evangilner

Dec 3, 2015
Wear compatibility on iOS is so limited that I ended up not using my 360 anymore once I switched to iOS. Tried it out for a few weeks and it just didn't do it for me. Music playback was pretty buggy too, more so than with my Moto X 2014.

spider82

Jan 2, 2014
Sorry for stupid question.
After got my new moto 2nd, I am trying to make it powerful when activated by iPhone.
I wonder is it possible to used a jailbreaked iphone and adb_IOS executable file to debug the watch connected to it.
because not familiar with adb command, I just sshed to my iPhone and tried "adb forward tcp:4444 localabstract:adb/hub", it showed error: device not found.
So, I guess the driver is not compatible or I missing the knowledge about debug over bluetooth.
any luck?

knowledge2g

Dec 28, 2015
Guess What, Paired with my iPhone and I am able to Debug over Bluetooth on my Android device, Trying to sideload some stuff now.

Hi Steve,
I am having trouble trying to reproduce this. I did it one time over a week ago and that was it. After pairing with the iPhone, I am not able to see my moto 360 2nd gen from my android phone at all unless I do a factory restore on the watch again... I made sure to disable Bluetooth on the iPhone and activate debugging over Bluetooth on the watch. Trying to figure out what I am missing here. Any help is greatly appreciated. :confused:

RaideIvan

Jan 5, 2016
connectivity to iphone

Like others, I have an iPhone and Moto 360 and made the USB cable ... but removing the strap to login and do something is really annoying.
So I was thinking, given the moto has wifi and we have adb shell access (via USB) cant we persistently enable wifi access,?

something like this link:
h...ttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/8708886/connecting-to-wi-fi-using-adb-shell
h...ttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/22825443/connect-to-password-protected-wifi-network-using-adb-shell
h...ttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/31613019/android-wear-enable-adb-connection-over-wifi-tcp-ip

but I'm very new to andriod so dont know all the locations/syntax, (or necessarily what I'm talking about). Given the moto doesnt use wifi when on bluetooth, if you confirmed the settings of your wifi, then the way you would enable it would to turn off bluetooth on the iphone (the moto should look for an bond to the wifi you setup).

johnnyle7

Apr 2, 2016
Technically if you can get the premium APK, you can have 4 watchfaces (2 each) to choose from.

Rant 1: If you haven't already updated to the latest firmware and Android Wear (on the watch) DO IT NOW! Too many people have been reporting problems with using the older versions, and that's the only reason Google said older watches were incompatible, even though they aren't.

Rant 2: If you're using a Moto 360, I don't think it's possible to use ADB without breaking your bluetooth connection to the iPhone. Make a USB cable or buy a better watch. I know Moto 360 is dirt cheap and looks nice, but hardware-wise it's the black sheep of all Android Wear. Also, shame on Motorola for making the 360 v2 use an LCD screen again.

Prerequisite: Get ADB and universal ADB drivers

Getting Watchmaker ready
-Obtain Watchmaker APK or Watchmaker Premium APK. I will not say how.
-Append a .zip to the end of the APK file (e.g. watchmaker.apk.zip)
-Extract the res/raw/android_wear_micro_apk.apk file. This is the one that goes into the watch.
-Append a .zip to the end of the APK file (e.g. watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk.zip)
-Extract the entire contents to a directory
-Delete the META-INF subdirectory

Getting the Watchface ready
-Get the watchface you want. As a completely shameless plug, I'll use my own watchface as an example. I even added an Apple logo to it.
-Append a .zip to the end of the WATCH file (e.g. old-meets-new-v3.watch.zip)

There are 2 default watches. W3 is Steel Blue. W11 is Retrospecto. We will replace W3 in this example.
-Copy the fonts and images subdirectories from the watchface to the watchmaker\assets directory
-Rename the preview.jpg to w3.jpg and overwrite the one in the watchmaker\assets\preview directory
-Rename the watch.xml to w3.xml and overwrite the one in the watchmaker\assets\watches directory
-Unfortunately none of the scripts load. I don't know why.
-Process can be repeated for a second watchface and W11.

Time to package up and sign
-Zip everything back up again (without the META-INF subdirectory) and rename it back to APK (e.g. watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk)
-In %JAVA_HOME%\bin there's two files: jarsigner and keytool
-Use keytool to make a keystore: "keytool -genkey -v -keystore abcdef.keystore -alias MyKey -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000"
-Use jarsigner to sign your apk file: "jarsigner -verbose -keystore abcdef.keystore watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk MyKey"

Upload to watch
-Plug watch to computer via USB
-Enable developer options on watch (Settings, About, Build Number x 10)
-Enable ADB debugging (Settings, Developer Options)
-Run "adb usb". It should say "daemon started successfully" and "running in USB mode"
-Run "adb devices". It should have one device on the list
-Run "adb install watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk". It should upload and say "Success". Then your watch should have a notification saying "WatchMaker Installed. Touch to set watch face".
-If you get a INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS: Watchmaker was previously installed, run "adb shell" then "pm list packages", find the watchmaker package, and run "pm uninstall slide.watchFrenzy" (or watchFrenzy.premium), then "exit" from the shell
-If you get a INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: You didn't run jarsigner properly or you forgot to delete the META-INF directory before running jarsigner.

Hi, I followed this tutorial to try to get myself a nice, favourite watchface. But I was stuck the stage where we have to pack all back. not sure how to do the signing thing, and I have no idea what I was doing from there. I also I tried the "adb devices" , I could see my watch there, but when I type "adb usb", after showing "daemon started successfully", it shows restarting in USB mode. and I stuck there, dont know what to do to get "running in usb mode".
I am very appreciated if someone can help me out here, or at least help me with some keywords so I can go on Google and have look for solutions.
Thanhs in advance.

AudiA4_20T

Dec 8, 2013
Great to see some fellow iOS users go against the grain.

My Setup:
- iPhone 5S
- iOS 9.3.1
- Huawei Watch

Things I've Done:
- AERLink (can't really figure out what it's supposed to do . On the watch I can see phone battery and manually force music but nothing else... Also the camera thing is weird in the phone app?)
- Google Calendar (works as a calendar to check dates, but does not sync)
- StayLit Wear (works great)
- Invaders (game, works fine)
- Challenger Watch Face (looks fantastic but no weather, no music controls, etc)
- Husky Dev Watchface (looks more boring than challenger, plus no controls)
- Instaweather Watchface (terrible, no weather data pulled, ruins it)
- Wear Spotify (sucks, doesn't control anything)
- I've tried a few other music apps with no help

Questions:
- Has anyone else figured out how to control music other than the atrocious standard Android Wear App? Right now it takes 3-4 swipes to change a track, unacceptable.
- Has anyone figured out how to get weather data onto a watch face? This sounds incredibly simple but is very frustrating, I check the weather all the time.
- Is there a way to get Google Maps to work with Google Maps on iPhone for turn-by-turn?

firehawk

Jan 19, 2005
Hi, I followed this tutorial to try to get myself a nice, favourite watchface. But I was stuck the stage where we have to pack all back. not sure how to do the signing thing, and I have no idea what I was doing from there. I also I tried the "adb devices" , I could see my watch there, but when I type "adb usb", after showing "daemon started successfully", it shows restarting in USB mode. and I stuck there, dont know what to do to get "running in usb mode".
I am very appreciated if someone can help me out here, or at least help me with some keywords so I can go on Google and have look for solutions.
Thanhs in advance.

-Use something like Winzip to zip up the files you extracted from the APK file. Make sure you zip it up without the META-INF subdirectory, and that the structure looks more or less like the zip file you started with.
-Jarsigner and Keytool come with Java JDK 8. Install this first and they will be in the /bin directory.
-Forget about "adb usb". If "adb devices" already shows your watch, then you're good.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Great to see some fellow iOS users go against the grain.

Questions:
- Has anyone else figured out how to control music other than the atrocious standard Android Wear App? Right now it takes 3-4 swipes to change a track, unacceptable.
- Has anyone figured out how to get weather data onto a watch face? This sounds incredibly simple but is very frustrating, I check the weather all the time.
- Is there a way to get Google Maps to work with Google Maps on iPhone for turn-by-turn?

-I think watchmaker watchfaces that have weather need to communicate to the watchmaker app on the phone (which we don't have). Google Now gives me weather by pulling data from the Android Wear iPhone app, but it's a popup.
-I'm pretty sure someone said that the newest Google Maps apk does turn-by-turn with the iPhone Google Maps. I have an older version, so I can't confirm until I sideload a newer one.

AudiA4_20T

Dec 8, 2013
watchmaker watchfaces that have weather need to communicate to the watchmaker app on the phone (which we don't have). Google Now gives me weather by pulling data from the Android Wear iPhone app, but it's a popup.
-I'm pretty sure someone said that the newest Google Maps apk does turn-by-turn with the iPhone Google Maps. I have an older version, so I can't confirm until I sideload a newer one.

I'm out of luck on music controls too huh? Which is the latest .apk for Maps? I'll do some digging.

johnnyle7

Apr 2, 2016
I'm out of luck on music controls too huh? Which is the latest .apk for Maps? I'll do some digging.

Follow this post here. http://xdaforums.com/android-wear/development/app-google-maps-apk-ios-t3271425
I did manage to get the Maps on my Urbane but it doesnt do much. only shows where you are, I couldnt get it to navigate, cant link with phone either.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

-Use something like Winzip to zip up the files you extracted from the APK file. Make sure you zip it up without the META-INF subdirectory, and that the structure looks more or less like the zip file you started with.
-Jarsigner and Keytool come with Java JDK 8. Install this first and they will be in the /bin directory.
-Forget about "adb usb". If "adb devices" already shows your watch, then you're good.

I have been able to get thru signing the app. but when installing, I got the error like this.
"pkg: /data/local/tmp/watchmaker.androidwear.micro.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]"
any idea what I did wrong?
I didnt get around really well with the cmd steps. totally new for me. Is there any advice on how to get used to those command?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

lDarsi

Apr 14, 2016
Hi everybody
Is there someone who knows how can i install on my iphone a watchface from "facer"?
thank you all

ZiadAlAlaf

May 5, 2016
Contact Photos - Adroid Wear + Iphone

Hello Everyone, I am using Tag Heuer Connected with Android Wear on Iphone 6s. Everything works perfect. The watch is amazing. Only one problem, I can't see contact photos on the watch when receiving calls and messages. Anyone can help ? Thnx

lancedimaria1

May 6, 2016
Hello, does anyone know how to get a PDF viewer on the lg g watch r with android wear connected to iphone 6 ios 9.3 beta. i know you can use it with android but is there a way i can get the app on my watch while its hooked up to my apple. i see theres a way to get the watchmaker app on there does this work with any app?

i could really use this for work to quickly check pdfs for information. also, what about a calculator? that would be great too. thank you in advance

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
Technically if you can get the premium APK, you can have 4 watchfaces (2 each) to choose from.

Rant 1: If you haven't already updated to the latest firmware and Android Wear (on the watch) DO IT NOW! Too many people have been reporting problems with using the older versions, and that's the only reason Google said older watches were incompatible, even though they aren't.

Rant 2: If you're using a Moto 360, I don't think it's possible to use ADB without breaking your bluetooth connection to the iPhone. Make a USB cable or buy a better watch. I know Moto 360 is dirt cheap and looks nice, but hardware-wise it's the black sheep of all Android Wear. Also, shame on Motorola for making the 360 v2 use an LCD screen again.

Getting Watchmaker ready
-Extract the res/raw/android_wear_micro_apk.apk file. This is the one that goes into the watch.
-Append a .zip to the end of the APK file (e.g. watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk.zip)

-Get the watchface you want. As a completely shameless plug, I'll use my own watchface as an example. (http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/old-meets-new-v3-14f9bc97e2a) I even added an Apple logo to it.

There are 2 default watches. W3 is Steel Blue. W11 is Retrospecto. We will replace W3 in this example.
-Copy the fonts and images subdirectories from the watchface to the watchmaker\assets directory
-Rename the preview.jpg to w3.jpg and overwrite the one in the watchmaker\assets\preview directory
-Rename the watch.xml to w3.xml and overwrite the one in the watchmaker\assets\watches directory

-Zip everything back up again (without the META-INF subdirectory) and rename it back to APK (e.g. watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk)
-Use keytool to make a keystore: "keytool -genkey -v -keystore abcdef.keystore -alias MyKey -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000"
-Use jarsigner to sign your apk file: "jarsigner -verbose -keystore abcdef.keystore watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk MyKey"

Upload to watch
-Run "adb usb". It should say "daemon started successfully" and "running in USB mode"
-Run "adb install watchmaker.android_wear_micro_apk.apk". It should upload and say "Success". Then your watch should have a notification saying "WatchMaker Installed. Touch to set watch face".
-If you get a INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS: Watchmaker was previously installed, run "adb shell" then "pm list packages", find the watchmaker package, and run "pm uninstall slide.watchFrenzy" (or watchFrenzy.premium), then "exit" from the shell
-If you get a INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: You didn't run jarsigner properly or you forgot to delete the META-INF directory before running jarsigner.
Hi,

Within your method, does notification cards show in ambient mode? I used to follow the instruction from another guy but I cannot make the notification work properly. (refer http://xdaforums.com/android-wear/development/getting-watchmaker-watch-android-wear-t3262448).

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom Watchmaker Faces while using Android Wear for iOS

Getting Watchmaker ready

-Get the watchface you want. As a completely shameless plug, I'll use my own watchface as an example. (http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/old-meets-new-v3-14f9bc97e2a) I even added an Apple logo to it.

Upload to watch
    Hi all.

I am starting this thread so that to discuss/investigate the compatibility options between iOS and Android Wear.

The Apple watch is around the corner after all, but there are many of us Apple fans (not fanboys) that do not like it.
    It simply is not enough, especially if the inexcusable delays are taken into consideration.
    It is ugly, girly (personal opinion), lacking functionality and most of all it's UI seems so not Apple like.

I know there are many iPhone users who would love to have an Android Wear watch that actually works with their phones.
    There are rumours that Google will eventually officialy support iOS but until then there are at least 4 devs who (claim to) have managed the impossible.

XDA members @MohammadAG, @iAppleDev and @ali.almahdi, as well as a dev who goes by Twitter name @shiitakeo.

Of these, @shiitakeo and @iAppleDev have uploaded alpha versions of the required .apk that should run on the watch side.

It is my understanding that all solutions do not require a JB iPhone and do not require a rooted Gear Watch.

On the iPhone side installation of an app (like LightBlue or BLE utility) that exposes notifications to ANCS is required.

I ask that all who have access to both an iPhone and an Android Wear watch and want to participate in this thread that they share their test conclusions here.

We need beta testers to confirm:

1) What configuration/solution you are using.
    2) What works
    3) What doesn't work

What we know is that all these alpha solutions aim at allowing iOS notifications to be transfered via BLE to the Wear watch.

Added functionality like Google Now or even Siri on the watch remains a dream for the time being, and would most certainly require a JB iPhone.

It would be great if a dev (one of the above mentioned or any other interested in this) could provide more info about his/her solution, like ETA, bug list, functionality, soon to come and related stuff.

Thank you all in advance.
    Any guide for follow? I have android phone, iPhone, Moto 360, and even pebble. Both Mac and pc are on the table too.

Down load the alpha apk wear_ios https://twitter.com/shiitakeo/status/575713237091516416

Install android SDK on your computer https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools

Use adb to install the alpha apk. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdR4VVHHU-8

Download LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy by Punch Through
    https://appsto.re/ca/o2AoH.i

Open settings on both the watch and the iPhone and click forget Bluetooth device for iPhone and watch for both in both.

Open light blue on iPhone make an blank peripheral don't add anything then check the box to turn it on.

Open wear_ios on the watch and wait for them to auto connect then keep waiting till it asked for a code to pair iPhone, enter the code with iPhone and wait until it finishes connecting. ;)
    Yesterday, I've successfully installed Facer and about 40 watch faces on my LG Urbane paired to an iPhone.

I've made a tutorial with detailed steps so others may try it and enjoy their Android watches. My knowledge of the Android system is limited so there may be some obvious shortcuts to my solution. Some steps are a little vague because finding details on Google about them is easy. This has been done an a Windows 10 x64 system and repeated successfully on another Windows 10 x64 system. Not tested on another version.

1 - Enable debugging on your Android Wear device

2 - Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118
    Note: you may have to disable your antivirus as this application may be tagged as a false positive

3 - Connect your device with a USB cable (either directly or with the charger) and wait for plug n play to detect it

4 - Open an admin command prompt window and type:
    adb usb
    You should see "Restarting in USB mode". If not wait a little and try again. If your device is still not detected, you may have to install more specific USB drivers.

5 - On your device, give the "always" authorisation for the connection

6 - Type:
    adb devices
    and you should see 1 device attached

7 - At the command prompt, type:
    cd %userprofile%\Desktop
    md facer
    cd facer

8 - Now, you will need to put the latest Facer APK into the facer folder we've just created on the desktop. Note: Since I already had the paid version Facer on my Android device, I used a little Android app called "Apk Extractor" to regenerate the Apk file from the installed app. An older Facer version will work but some watch faces will have bugs (I tried first on the 1.6 version and it worked but some newer faces weren't perfect)

9 - Back to the command prompt to rename the Facer APK so it will be extractable:
    ren *.apk facerapk.zip

10 - You should now have a facerapk.zip archive into the facer folder. Right-click on it and select "Extract all" to unpack the archive to a folder of the same name.

11 - Now, let's get the watch app to the current folder and rename it so it will be easier to work with it:
    copy facerapk\res\raw\*.apk
    ren *.apk facermicro.apk

12 - Facer can now be installed on the watch:
    adb install facermicro.apk

13 - Make a folder for the additionnal faces:
    md faces

14 - Go to FaceRepo and download your faces into the "faces" folder. They will have a .face extension

15 - We need to change the file extension to zip:
    ren faces\*.face *.zip

16 - Now, right-click on each file and extract it to its default folder using the "Extract all" option. You can use WinRAR (if you have it installed) to select them all and extract them to separate folders. A free version of WinRAR can be easily installed from www.ninite.com.

17 - Back to the command-line to remove the zip files and transfer the faces to the watch. Type:
    del faces\*.zip
    adb push faces/. /sdcard/Facer

You're done! If everything is OK, you can select the Facer watch face and select your face by tapping on the gear icon of Facer on the watch.

If you ever need to remove Facer and start from scratch do this:
    adb uninstall com.jeremysteckling.facerrel
    adb shell rm -r /sdcard/Facer
    The Facer folder on the watch must also be removed since uninstalling the app leaves it behind with the custom watchfaces.

If you want to reinstall Facer, restart from step 12 with a command prompt from within the Facer folder.

You can add more faces by repeating steps 14-17 with different faces files.
    I hate complaining because all this development has been done "free" and with amazing results. However, it seems once again that communication is brutal in what versions are out there, what features are new, updates on this forum, updates on the GitHub are all no where to be found.

@gidi, thanks for the post from @shiitakeo.....it seems there is some confusion about the Google Play store versions vs the GitHub (nothing new since 0.2.2 which most seem to be having problems with...I am on 0.2.1). Can @shiitakeo reorganize the communication on this? What is new in the Play Store? Are those versions (both free and donation) ONLY for Lollipop phone devices since no other device is able to work (parsing error). If that's the case, should non Lollipop phone users install the 0.2.2 version from GitHub?

Thanks to all as usual!!

This is the summary of what (I believe) has been going down. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

General information:
    -Moto 360: agressively shuts off bluetooth to save power, even during an active data transfer. Connections have been unreliable and nobody has yet been able to fix the 0.5-5 hr random disconnections
    -LG G Watch and G Watch R: Stable connection
    -Other Wear watches: YMMV

Installation:
    -Jailbroken iOS not needed. Rooted android phone and android wear not needed. Android phone preferred
    -Use LightBlue Bluetooth LE on the iOS device, and create a virtual blank peripheral
    -Download adb, and use "adb install" over usb
    -If using a Moto 360, follow these instructions (https://developer.android.com/training/wearables/apps/bt-debugging.html) to sideload via USB through an Android Phone, then over bluetooth to the Wear. Instructions are less clear on how to accomplish this without an Android phone, and instead using a Mac, Parallels Android VM, or other means. Possible to do this using a custom Moto 360 USB cable?

Progress:
    @MohammadAG: https://twitter.com/MohammadAG started the first concept video posted http://youtu.be/DIIYmVSc9Yw showing iOS talking directly to a Wear (360) using ANCS and no Android phone. Since then, implemented features such as answering phone calls (http://youtu.be/D2pkyHp8HN0), iOS low battery notification, and music control (http://youtu.be/bY7E-hng7Fk). Attempt to fix Moto 360 disconnection issue by using a custom helper iOS app (instead of LightBlue) but app has since been rejected by Apple. Android APK is not yet released, but has been reviewed in beta form by iDownloadBlog (http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/03/26/android-wear-iphone-ios-notifications/). Play store search here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Mohammad+Abu-Garbeyyeh)

@shiitakeo: coded an Android Wear APK, directly inspired by @MohammadAG. Git is here:https://github.com/shiitakeo/android_wear_for_ios.
    v0.2 had some issues where the screen would always stay awake after notification.
    v0.21 seems to be the preferred version so far, if you don't have a lolipop phone.
    v0.22 has a reduced size for unexplainable reasons, but also includes the new capability of installing a "mobile" version, to be loaded onto a lolipop Android phone and auto-synchronized onto the Wear.
    v1.1 is released onto the Google Play store in free http://goo.gl/SJ9IYY and donation http://goo.gl/B4oR6G versions, again meant for lolipop-only Android phones to auto-sync to the Wear and bypass the need to sideload using adb. Unknown if this differs from v0.22 in any way.

@iAppleDev: all code/progress abandoned in favor of @shiitakeo's code

@ali.almahdi: also connected Moto 360 to iOS https://youtu.be/MBI8ypRYe4Y Attempted to fix Moto 360 disconnection issue using a custom helper iOS app that interfaces to a Wear APK that does automatic reconnection. Both iOS app and Wear APK are not yet published. From (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59715304&postcount=216)