Android Wear apps modified for Amazfit Pace?

Search This thread

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Hi i want to install lifesum apk in my amazfit pace but I can't understand how. Do I have to change something in android manifest.xml or what? Can u do it on android studio?

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
Hi i want to install lifesum apk in my amazfit pace but I can't understand how. Do I have to change something in android manifest.xml or what? Can u do it on android studio?

Most probably it won't work, since it seems that the watch app actually needs the companion app on phone. Only stand-alone apps that support MIPS processors or do not rely on any specific ABI libraries can be run on Pace/Stratos/Verge.

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Most probably it won't work, since it seems that the watch app actually needs the companion app on phone. Only stand-alone apps that support MIPS processors or do not rely on any specific ABI libraries can be run on Pace/Stratos/Verge.
I saw that there is a lifesum wear os apk and I have lifesum already in my mobile.
Not even that it works?
I have to find an app with raw/....
and inside that to find the apk(I can't recall right now the exact name)?

Στάλθηκε από το POCOPHONE F1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
I saw that there is a lifesum wear os apk and I have lifesum already in my mobile.
Not even that it works?
I have to find an app with raw/....
and inside that to find the apk(I can't recall right now the exact name)?

Even if the micro_wear app works on watch (I doubt it will), it won't do anything as it would need to connect to the companion app, what will never work with Huami watches since they do not run WearOS.

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Even if the micro_wear app works on watch (I doubt it will), it won't do anything as it would need to connect to the companion app, what will never work with Huami watches since they do not run WearOS.
I know that amazfit is not wear os I am referring the first post and how he managed and he didn't have wear os smartwatch.

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I know that amazfit is not wear os I am referring the first post and how he managed and he didn't have wear os smartwatch.

Even with the old Android Wear (not even Wear OS) framework installed, you can't get all Android Wear apps working. Only the ones which don't require any communication with the phone and don't rely on any native libraries will work. They also have to be compatible with the old Android Wear OS, as Android 5.1 (the OS the watch uses) is quite old now and Android Wear/Wear OS has moved on.

Reactions: zaf_4

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Even with the old Android Wear (not even Wear OS) framework installed, you can't get all Android Wear apps working. Only the ones which don't require any communication with the phone and don't rely on any native libraries will work. They also have to be compatible with the old Android Wear OS, as Android 5.1 (the OS the watch uses) is quite old now and Android Wear/Wear OS has moved on.

So you are telling me only old apps that are stand alone can work with amazfit pace? So i have to find apps compatible with android 5.1 and change them in raw file in order to work on my smartwatch?
That's what i understood:)

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
So you are telling me only old apps that are stand alone can work with amazfit pace? So i have to find apps compatible with android 5.1 and change them in raw file in order to work on my smartwatch?
That's what i understood:)

Yes. You also need to install the wear framework (search this subforum) for them to work.

Reactions: zaf_4

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk

tutaf

May 17, 2019
Ported apps

I've ported some apps and games from android wear, here is the download link: yadi.sk/d/kyHWFrqmJ3Mq7A
I am not sure that I'll be able to post here all new ported apps, so here is an updatable post with all apps (with description and screenshots) I've ported: 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=918703&view=findpost&p=94834096

tutaf

May 17, 2019
Looks like the original link to modify android wear apps for Amazfit no longer works so does anybody know how this is done?
Thank you in advance

Not all applications will work. For an application to work, it must:

1) Support MIPS Processors
2) Be made for older versions of Android Wear (new ones work differently)
3) Not interact with the phone (or work normally without interacting with it)
4) Not use Google play services (or work normally without them)
5) Satisfy bunch of other conditions that cannot be predicted

Instruction:

1) Download apk of the application you need (it’s better to choose old versions, they are more likely to work)
2) Open apk as a zip archive (or open apk in ApkEditor)
3) Go to the "res/raw/" folder
4) Extract the apk-file (it is usually called "android_wear_micro_apk.apk" or "wearable_app.apk")
5) Install the extracted apk on the watch

Sorry for my english.

Reactions: georgesaker147

Top Liked Posts