[Android11][MicroG] crDroid 7

Search This thread

coolwaves79

May 1, 2021
Just installed the latest build over the latest stock. Sadly it exhibits the same problem I encountered with Syberia and described here (in short, being stuck in "charging slowly" mode): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...syberia-project.4200621/page-11#post-84883411
I'm having this issue as well. I had the latest stock Android 10, formatted data, did a full wipe and installed crdroid.

Now, for almost every charger I use (some are 1A, others 2.1A) is mistakenly detected as a 100mA limited USB port (checked with ampere) and the phone will not charge faster than those 0.1A. Right now, the only way to charge is too use a 5V 3A power supply and connect/disconnect the USB plug several times until it is detected properly.

This must be a software issue, as all those chargers worked just fine with the stock Android 10.

Any help will be appreciated, as this is a wonderful, very fast ROM and I would like to keep it...

Reactions: pufpufpuf

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    Just a few comments / new rom user's feedback ... coming from crDroid's latest rom.

This is better overall for my needs (had been on stock Android 10 rom but now that it seemed Xiaomi isn't updating it, not even security patches - time to find alternatives to use as a daily, device will be my backup smartphone w dual active sims.

Charging is okay, a little slower compared to using crDroid, but not as slow as others reported - have a variety of charging options to explore: Moto Turbo, Quick Charger & QC3.0, etc. and as long as it will be full overnight & ready in the morning, I'm fine.

Video playback was a problem initially (somewhat better than crDroid but, random choppy too - using Youtube Vanced, VLC and MX Players, or from within FB app. A clean re-install, full wipe, etc. fixed that initially ***** (thus far) - optional Magisk not flashed this time.

Used NikGapps (modified the config / installer file to squeeze in default apps - without running out of space) Battery life, SOT and standby time are good, equal and/or better than stock rom.

Loaded newest GC ver 8 as recommended, crash initially & changed to HAL 3 (Settings - System - (scroll to bottom for "Camera HAL Switch") - restart and works fine & meet my needs.

Last but not least, I noticed random freeze & A2Lite rebooting when it's (deep ??) asleep & need to wake up the screen - not sure what's causing it. Going to attempt to do wipe & do a clean flash again and see ...

***** Update #1 (May 17th) - the video playback returned again, sluggish & freezing - I'm not sure what to make/do with this. Reboot the A2Lite and video is now fine, perhaps it has to do with the kernel & not coming out of deep freeze/sleep mode overnight ??

Last edited:

software_ss

Apr 10, 2021
    Hi, I think this rom is based on android 11, right? does it allows installing call recorder? As from android 9 google restricted on auto call recording to record phone call conversion but sometimes I need to record like phone numbers and other information to keep in writing doc later.

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    Hi, I think this rom is based on android 11, right? does it allows installing call recorder?

Hmmm, yes - crDroid V7.5 is based on Android 11, as noted by OP's first post. Here's a screenshot from this rom as installed - kernel is 4.9.261-sleepy

As for whether one is allowed to install "call recorder" - I do not know which App you are referring to and wish to use. But, I did randomly pick one from the Play Store and installed just fine ... one that allow recording call info, incoming/outgoing, or ???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-223125_Settings[1].png
      Screenshot_20210517-223125_Settings[1].png
      162 KB · Views: 20

software_ss

Apr 10, 2021
    Hmmm, yes - crDroid V7.5 is based on Android 11, as noted by OP's first post. Here's a screenshot from this rom as installed - kernel is 4.9.261-sleepy

As for whether one is allowed to install "call recorder" - I do not know which App you are referring to and wish to use. But, I did randomly pick one from the Play Store and installed just fine ... one that allow recording call info, incoming/outgoing, or ???
    Actually I mean if the call recorder works. I installed app named "call recorder" in original rom.. it installed but no call conversation was recorded.

Annoss

Apr 25, 2021
    ***** Update #1 (May 17th) - the video playback returned again, sluggish & freezing - I'm not sure what to make/do with this. Reboot the A2Lite and video is now fine, perhaps it has to do with the kernel & not coming out of deep freeze/sleep mode overnight ??
    There's a new kernel release r258. You could try installing that.

I haven't tried this with crdroid 7 yet, but crdroid 6 works perfectly.

Reactions: Letitride

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    There's a new kernel release r258. You could try installing that.
    I haven't tried this with crdroid 7 yet, but crdroid 6 works perfectly.

Thanks, I appreciate that info. Well, I can report that using it seemed okay but the screen froze in my pocket (video running ??) after I put it away - it was pretty warm with the case. I'm now on the earlier r254 ... and so far, it's fine. Video ran smoothly from within Youtube for last 2+ hours while I'm doing something else on my Pixel 3a. The stock kernel that came with the crDroid 7 also okay after minor initial issues - giving it time to settle down, update all the apps, rebooting seemed to resolve most issues. SOT and battery standby, seemed to be somewhat less (shortened) vs. Havoc or stock rom, let's see how the #'s look after a few full cycles.

On the slow charging, it seemed that it will - with a good charger & high quality usb cable, it will fast charge initially, but eventually slow down to a trickle once it's near 90 to 100% capacity ... not a deal breaker for me. I'll play with my 1/2 dozen assorted OEM chargers to see if I can find one.

mxb93

Jan 12, 2021
    Not sure if it's the same bug as others are experiencing:
    I have playback issues for nearly everything containing audio. Most times playback won't start at all. The progress bar stays at 0. Whenever it actually starts everything is fine.
    I tested with crdroid music, vanced (both music and video) and poweraudio pro.
    Strangely ringtones and alarm clocks were never affected and always played fine. Sometimes restarting Android is a temporary fix.

minisup

May 26, 2021
    Hello everyone,

I've installed this custom rom. I would like to ask if you also have encountered this problem.

It seems like when I charge it all the way up and unplug it it drains the battery very fast. I found out it goes into deep sleep only 23% of the time (overnight, after being charged to 100%). I also checked that the main process working overnight was 'logd'. The battery dropped from 100% to 75% from 8pm to 8am (I barely used this).

What actually helped was a reboot. But it seems just a temporary solution.

Has anyone experienced a similar behavior?

Minisup

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    Not sure if it's the same bug as others are experiencing:
    I have playback issues for nearly everything containing audio ... Whenever it actually starts everything is fine ... tested with crdroid music, vanced (both music and video) and poweraudio pro ... Sometimes restarting Android is a temporary fix.
    Hmmm, I wish I know your answer and/or can help. But, it could be the GPU and/or codec issues running custom rom on our A2Lite. Did you have any issues on stock rom, whether it was on Oreo or Pie (I was on that, everything ran just fine) until I got fingers happy to go ahead & play these custom roms.

For the past week, most of my video playbacks are fine from Vanced & stored MP4 on the mSD card. Some of the video links within FB or other apps have trouble opening or running, blurred video screen lines & just won't lauch. Rebooting sometimes do seemed to help, sometimes, by resetting whatever ??? Maybe the (sleepy) kernel isn't fully awaken - I dunno & even I can running any logcat, not the person to read the data to try to interpret what might be happening.

SOT, battery life & overall functionality are pretty good (battery health is 85% per AccuBattery after the newly installed rom settled down - see post below for "stats")

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    Hello ... ("snipped") installed this custom rom ... It seems like ... it drains the battery very fast ... goes into deep sleep only 23% of the time ...
    battery dropped from 100% to 75% from 8pm to 8am (I barely used this).
    What actually helped was a reboot. But it seems just a temporary solution ...
    Hello & welcome to XDA from an old-timer. First of you, how new/old is your A2Lite - what is your battery health? as it is sometimes not easy to compare orange, apples & pineapple, etc. I'll share & post my stats below for a bit of comparison and reference (YMMV, as depending # of installed apps & what's running, etc.)

Mine is 2 years old & using AccuBattery App (free, download & install from Play Store) - 84% battery health (3,380 mAH) of its original design capacity (4,000 mAH rating) My SOT (Screen on time) is typically a little over 10 hours, Standby/Screen off time is over 180 hours with Combined use, around 70 hours (3 days) - all depending on usage. Adaptive Battery is enabled, last full charge was 8 hours ago with 1:03 screen usage (time) and battery is 85% now, with about 2 days left - in dual sim standby mode but mostly connected to WiFi signal for data.

Battery dropping 25% over 12 years on a full charge, do, seem, to be a bit excessive if your battery is in "good" health at 80% or better running typical apps, without excessive background uploads & auto-updating of apps, backup to cloud storage, etc. Apps like FB, Messenger & WeChat, etc. are know to be "battery killers" as certain "default" permissions enabled & unchecked, they are running all the time and not cool.

"Unrelated / Updates" VoLTE enabled on AT&T's network and was able to make a brief outgoing Wi-Fi data call over Google Voice as a quick test. VoWiFi from IMS Status showed that it is UNavailable and that is a problem for the T-Mobile (USA) network with one of my active Sim - that's an unrelated issue which I will look further into in the coming days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-114036_AccuBattery[1].png
      Screenshot_20210521-114036_AccuBattery[1].png
      207.1 KB · Views: 16
    • Screenshot_20210524-220129_AccuBattery[1].png
      Screenshot_20210524-220129_AccuBattery[1].png
      227.8 KB · Views: 16
    • Screenshot_20210526-073557_AccuBattery[1].png
      Screenshot_20210526-073557_AccuBattery[1].png
      222.8 KB · Views: 16

minisup

May 26, 2021
    Hello & welcome to XDA from an old-timer. First of you, how new/old is your A2Lite - what is your battery health? as it is sometimes not easy to compare orange, apples & pineapple, etc. I'll share & post my stats below for a bit of comparison and reference (YMMV, as depending # of installed apps & what's running, etc.)

Mine is 2 years old & using AccuBattery App (free, download & install from Play Store) - 84% battery health (3,380 mAH) of its original design capacity (4,000 mAH rating) My SOT (Screen on time) is typically a little over 10 hours, Standby/Screen off time is over 180 hours with Combined use, around 70 hours (3 days) - all depending on usage. Adaptive Battery is enabled, last full charge was 8 hours ago with 1:03 screen usage (time) and battery is 85% now, with about 2 days left - in dual sim standby mode but mostly connected to WiFi signal for data.

Battery dropping 25% over 12 years on a full charge, do, seem, to be a bit excessive if your battery is in "good" health at 80% or better running typical apps, without excessive background uploads & auto-updating of apps, backup to cloud storage, etc. Apps like FB, Messenger & WeChat, etc. are know to be "battery killers" as certain "default" permissions enabled & unchecked, they are running all the time and not cool.

"Unrelated / Updates" VoLTE enabled on AT&T's network and was able to make a brief outgoing Wi-Fi data call over Google Voice as a quick test. VoWiFi from IMS Status showed that it is UNavailable and that is a problem for the T-Mobile (USA) network with one of my active Sim - that's an unrelated issue which I will look further into in the coming days.

Thank for the response. I don't have FB, Messenger, Whatsapp, etc, microg installed, but I don't have any google services, except Aurora Store). I found out that after charging it drains the battery very fast (doesn't go into deep sleep at all and the battery drain is at 4.5-5%/h). What helps is a reboot. After a reboot the battery drains at around 2.5%/h, it goes into deep sleep without a problem.

What could be a reason for that? Any bugs? I don't want to reboot my phone after each charge :D I'd appreciate any suggestions.

M.

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    ... I don't have any google services, except Aurora Store). I found out that after charging it drains the battery very fast (doesn't go into deep sleep at all and the battery drain is at 4.5-5%/h) ... After a reboot the battery drains at around 2.5%/h, it goes into deep sleep without a problem. What could be a reason for that? Any bugs? I don't want to reboot my phone after each charge :D I'd appreciate any suggestions ...
    Hi, M - since I am not the Rom's developer just an end-user that's been around since the early Motorla mobile (analog) telephone days, I am just wondering if it has to do with apps & play store "framework" coming from Aurora instead of Google and associated "codings"

But, I assume that you prefer and/or has easier access to apps from Aurora from your geo-location, or a matter of personal choice, for whatever reasons. Question is, how was the battery wear & drain when you're on the stock rom (Android 11 or 10, or 9 before) - has this custom rom make it worst, a lot worst, or you aren't sure.

I've been running crDroid 7.5 for about 3 weeks now, and it's been fairly stable and I am happy with it, overall speaking. This has been my experience & results: SOT is over 11 hours, with Screen off around 210 hours - for a combined use of 60+ hours; and, my battery health is about 84% (AccuBattery Pro) Average battery use is 0.5% per hour (Adaptive battery is ON and Display brightness is set at 50 to 70% mostly) - in short, standby time is very good compared to our other Motorola, Pixel/3a/3aXL, and an old Nexus 6P by Huawei.

Take a look at the AccuBattery data/results that I've posted here.

I have quite a number of Apps installed, some do run in the background but some are disabled or limited for better battery "drain" while inactive. I know, from experience, that "WeChat" is one of the worst offender (which I don't use but installed with an overseas account, that I configured to not run or access data/WiFi). I am mostly on a solid WiFi signal but do sometimes stay on cellular signal when outside & traveling ... as that could affect "your" battery's status & wear after a full charge.

Go to your device's "Settings" and check the information under Battery, see if it is reporting anything ususual. Look under your Apps to see what's been running and tweak, fine tune how they "behave" - maybe you can discover something.

From your descriptions, it does sound like it is draining and dropping too fast if everything else are set properly - even if you reboot it after a full charge, something is hiding and running in the background. Do you upload files or backup to a "cloud" storage or server - some of the news app and/or social media app, i.e. from Baido could be doing this without your informed approval & permission, with its default settings as installed, if you are running them - check & change it, turn them off.

Last but not least, try a clean re-install of this app (after backing up & saving your data, settings .... I know, it is a pain & time consuming) as it might help. Good luck & do post again if & when you find something, or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-120838_AccuBattery[1].png
      Screenshot_20210607-120838_AccuBattery[1].png
      195 KB · Views: 14
    • Screenshot_20210607-120758_AccuBattery[1].png
      Screenshot_20210607-120758_AccuBattery[1].png
      150.2 KB · Views: 14
    • Screenshot_20210524-220129_AccuBattery[1].png
      Screenshot_20210524-220129_AccuBattery[1].png
      227.8 KB · Views: 14

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    ccrDroid 7.6 yes mi a 2 lite?????

Yes, I can confirm that crDroid V7.6 has been released for this month - it's OTA and I downloaded directly, installed & successfully reboot ... and working. So it's a dirty flash, upgrade without wiping or losing data & settings. Smooth & running fine thus far - without flashing TWRP again, apparently, both slot A and slot B were patched.

Google Photos thinks that this is a Pixel smartphone ...

O SAPHIA

Oct 10, 2018
    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
    There is a serious flaw with the Android 10 crDroid port: Some apps freeze for a short period of time and YouTube (Vanced) has the problem that when playing videos at 720p, it first is standing still and then running while being a bit laggy. The games likely use OpenGL ES.
    Please do a revision update that will fix this. Thank you.

pufpufpuf

Apr 19, 2017
    Hi, I'm currently on crDroid 6 because I experienced the above mentioned video playback (stuttering, distortion) and charging (chargers detected as "slow") issues. Anyone who had those issues, can you confirm whether they were fixed by the 2021-06-14 build?

Letitride

• May 6, 2010
    Metro NY/NE Region
    Hi, I'm currently on crDroid 6 because I experienced the above mentioned video playback (stuttering, distortion) and charging (chargers detected as "slow") issues. Anyone who had those issues, can you confirm whether they were fixed by the 2021-06-14 build?

Well, apparently nobody else answered, yet ... Here's mine, thus far - FWIW
    including my impressions, maybe help partially answer your question.

newest June 2021 "nightly" rom is fine since installing, video playback issues okay thus far with MX Player and VLC Player, as well latest Youtube Vanced, and videos within Facebook (these are the ones that I commonly used) Bluebooth connection is fine with my wireless earbuds.

Haven't checked to see if I can really run and use Android Auto as I have no plans to use this, being mainly my backup & travel WiFi device, using little to no 4G/HSPA+ data (connected) but didn't work properly on May's build).

I did have issues updating Apps from Google Play Store, downloaded fine but failed to install. Boot into TWRP Recovery, dirty re-flashed rom & Gapps and re-install TWRP for good measures - then, it worked and the apps updated to latest.

I usually charge my A2 Lite overnight so turbo/fast charging has seldom been an issue for me and I really hasn't paid much attention to it, before & after I began flashing custom rom earlier this year, after rooting the unlocked bootloader. Battery life with SOT, standby and mixed use time as a whole has been good, more than enough to last a full day of typical use for me without needing a boost or plugging into a usb battery bank or wall/car charger. It does seemed to fast charge initially with battery is below 50% and slow down & continue to trick charge as it get past 80% to 90% - which many considered to be better to long-term battery health.

At this moment, I'm using a fast 25W wall charger, battery at 85% and AccuBattery Pro reporting 25 to 30 minutes remaining to reach 100% full charge - not turbo fast but not too slow. Choice of and use of a specific charger, do come into play.

pufpufpuf

Apr 19, 2017
    Well, apparently nobody else answered, yet ... Here's mine, thus far - FWIW
    including my impressions, maybe help partially answer your question.

newest June 2021 "nightly" rom is fine since installing, video playback issues okay thus far with MX Player and VLC Player, as well latest Youtube Vanced, and videos within Facebook (these are the ones that I commonly used) Bluebooth connection is fine with my wireless earbuds.

Haven't checked to see if I can really run and use Android Auto as I have no plans to use this, being mainly my backup & travel WiFi device, using little to no 4G/HSPA+ data (connected) but didn't work properly on May's build).

I did have issues updating Apps from Google Play Store, downloaded fine but failed to install. Boot into TWRP Recovery, dirty re-flashed rom & Gapps and re-install TWRP for good measures - then, it worked and the apps updated to latest.

I usually charge my A2 Lite overnight so turbo/fast charging has seldom been an issue for me and I really hasn't paid much attention to it, before & after I began flashing custom rom earlier this year, after rooting the unlocked bootloader. Battery life with SOT, standby and mixed use time as a whole has been good, more than enough to last a full day of typical use for me without needing a boost or plugging into a usb battery bank or wall/car charger. It does seemed to fast charge initially with battery is below 50% and slow down & continue to trick charge as it get past 80% to 90% - which many considered to be better to long-term battery health.

At this moment, I'm using a fast 25W wall charger, battery at 85% and AccuBattery Pro reporting 25 to 30 minutes remaining to reach 100% full charge - not turbo fast but not too slow. Choice of and use of a specific charger, do come into play.
    Thank you! Did you encounter any video/charging issues on the older build? Specifically the charging issue wasn't just "no fast charging" -- it was so slow that it couldn't even charge to 40% overnight.

Top Liked Posts